SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

Hello,

I know this is my first post, but I thought some of you may be interested. Although it is my first post I have been reading for a long time and always enjoy the insight. I grew up in GF and had season tickets my whole life. I am member of the Delta Waterfowl Chapter in Fargo and we will be auctioning a signed jersey from this years team at your annual banquet. The banquet is March 9th at the Speedway in West Fargo. If this is considered spam I will understand if it is removed. It is with no intention meant to be used as spam. I just thought it might be a good opportunity for the guys that collect jersey to snatch another one. As I am not sure how to insert a picture I will provide a link to the signed jersey via Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/DeltaWaterfowlFargo

I posted this in another thread and was told to move it over here. Any takers, let me know.....

At the last MSU series, a couple of the seniors (Dorr and Louwerse) organized a silent auction for the future leaders at MSU. They were able to get a ton of hockey memorabilia. One of the things there was a replica St. Patty's Day Toews Blackhawks jersey. Having a few drinks in my system, I committed the ultimate silent auction error. I bid someone up....and ended up winning the damn thing. Now, I don't mind Toews by any stretch of the imagination, but, frankly, I'm never going to wear the thing. I have no tie to Toews and don't care for the Blackhawks. The unfortunately part is that the lady I was trying to bid up, came back after the auction was over and wanted to buy it for more, but due to the rules, I couldn't give it up to her.

So, here's the question, I paid $175 for the thing. I would like to get rid of it and would accept $150. If I don't get the $150, I will just donate it and have an additional write-off. I would much rather have actual cash though. I can provide pics if any one is interested, but don't want to spam your board. If anyone is interested, please let me know. I hope it could be a win-win. If not, no skin off of anyone's back and I'll never do something so stupid again.

The NCAA tournament is quickly approaching and its looking more and more likely the Sioux are in. Any word on the Jerseys?

Schlossman said the numbering and lettering should be completed next week. Unless there is a leak, I imagine we will only see the jerseys if UND makes the tournament.

Schlossman said the numbering and lettering should be completed next week. Unless there is a leak, I imagine we will only see the jerseys if UND makes the tournament.

I hope they look good! I wonder if the Sioux Shop will get some in so us fans can buy one(or two)?

I hope they look good! I wonder if the Sioux Shop will get some in so us fans can buy one(or two)?

If they have the new ND logo on them, they probably won't be in the Sioux Shop soon. It is my understanding that there has been an unwritten agreement between Athletics and the Sioux Shop regarding what is sold in the shop with the new ND logo. Which is the main reason why the new women's jerseys are not available for purchase.

If they have the new ND logo on them, they probably won't be in the Sioux Shop soon. It is my understanding that there has been an unwritten agreement between Athletics and the Sioux Shop regarding what is sold in the shop with the new ND logo. Which is the main reason why the new women's jerseys are not available for purchase.

How exactly did you form you're understanding?

Anyway, will these be Reebok jerseys or Gemini?

they will probably be Reebok. I believe that the mens team has a contract with them for all of their equipment.

The reason you cant get "new" womens jersey is that their jerseys were done on short notice so they only had enough time to make up enough for the team, not for resale.

Gemini has been super busy over the last year. I know they've done a lot of growing and have even picked up a huge account which I can't mention. Also, I'm not sure how well the other women's jerseys have sold, so the Sioux Shop may not really want to carry another women's jersey, especially if it doesn't have anything Sioux related on it. I know their green jersey didn't have the name or logo on it either, but the new home jersey actually has a connection to the change of the name unlike the green.

I think that combination is the reason you don't see the new women's jersey. However, men's jerseys sell really well and everyone always wants something unique, so I bet people would buy a non-Sioux jersey if they sold it, and I bet it'd sell pretty well.

I saw a FAQ in the Sioux shop a week ago or so that said the new men's jerseys won't be made available for resale this season as it was a special order through Reebok, and they didn't have enough time to produce enough for bulk purchases.

I saw a FAQ in the Sioux shop a week ago or so that said the new men's jerseys won't be made available for resale this season as it was a special order through Reebok, and they didn't have enough time to produce enough for bulk purchases.

This makes considerably more sense. However, going into the future, you'd have to assume that the team will either stick with these new jerseys or return to them at some point, so long as they are still with RBK...which means that at some point I'm sure they will have them available at retail.

One other note to make...

If the jerseys are a special order, it makes you wonder if the jerseys will be an entirely different look. I know RBK is under strict timeframes for producing custom jerseys so they can meet every account's needs, but if it was basically just a logo swap, you'd think it'd go much more quickly and efficiently because they'd already have the design templates on file which would make it easier to mix in a few extras to retail.

The lettering/numbering gets outsourced, so that's not the issue either.

Hmmmm....

One other note to make...

If the jerseys are a special order, it makes you wonder if the jerseys will be an entirely different look. I know RBK is under strict timeframes for producing custom jerseys so they can meet every account's needs, but if it was basically just a logo swap, you'd think it'd go much more quickly and efficiently because they'd already have the design templates on file which would make it easier to mix in a few extras to retail.

The lettering/numbering gets outsourced, so that's not the issue either.

Hmmmm....

For as long as those things took you'd think they would probably be a completely different jersey

For as long as those things took you'd think they would probably be a completely different jersey

Well, Reebok is producing jerseys constantly for all different leagues around the world. Giving them an order on short notice usually doesn't work out too well. Then, when they are done, you have to ship them out to then get customized with all the players names/numbers, which is where they currently are.

I'm not sure when the order was originally placed, so it's hard to say what kind of timeframe it's been, but it certain would seem like they are getting something completely new.

I don't get the suspense. Once UND makes the NCAA field will we know then?!

I can see it now, the day of the NCAA game vs. Michigan/Ferris/UMass-Lowell, half the people will be evaluating the way the Sioux played while the other half will be critiquing the uniforms. It will be like a freakin Joan Rivers Red Carpet fashion special.

• Upvote 1

I don't get the suspense. Once UND makes the NCAA field will we know then?!

I can see it now, the day of the NCAA game vs. Michigan/Ferris/UMass-Lowell, half the people will be evaluating the way the Sioux played while the other half will be critiquing the uniforms. It will be like a freakin Joan Rivers Red Carpet fashion special.

:lol:

While I can fully understand how the Sioux shop will not be getting any replicas of the jerseys to sell yet this year.

Many retailers had already ordered stock to replace the "Sioux" jerseys, I have confirmed this at multiple locations, two showed me the logo that they claim was/is on the jersey, one a major local sporting goods store chain and the other a smaller sporting goods store.

However I DO NOT believe it is the same logo that will be on the actual jerseys that we WILL see in a few weeks, barring an injunction against the NCAA sanctions in the spirit Lake case.

I think what happened is that like previous manufacturers of replicas "assumed" what would be the logo and started producing replicas that will not match the actual jerseys, ala what K1 did when they put out tons of the replica swift jerseys in the white and green even though they were never adopted as standard uniforms by the program. I think they assumed and tried to get out ahead of others, the switch to the reeboks usurping their attempt. I also think that is what you will see in stores soon after the NCAA tourney this year new, non matching replica jerseys.

Or I could be completely wrong..........wouldn't be the first time this week.

I think it took this long because the hockey program wanted it to take this long. the new jerseys have probably been sitting in the equipment managers office in a locked cabinet for a couple of months. :)

While I can fully understand how the Sioux shop will not be getting any replicas of the jerseys to sell yet this year.

Many retailers had already ordered stock to replace the "Sioux" jerseys, I have confirmed this at multiple locations, two showed me the logo that they claim was/is on the jersey, one a major local sporting goods store chain and the other a smaller sporting goods store.

However I DO NOT believe it is the same logo that will be on the actual jerseys that we WILL see in a few weeks, barring an injunction against the NCAA sanctions in the spirit Lake case.

I think what happened is that like previous manufacturers of replicas "assumed" what would be the logo and started producing replicas that will not match the actual jerseys, ala what K1 did when they put out tons of the replica swift jerseys in the white and green even though they were never adopted as standard uniforms by the program. I think they assumed and tried to get out ahead of others, the switch to the reeboks usurping their attempt. I also think that is what you will see in stores soon after the NCAA tourney this year new, non matching replica jerseys.

Or I could be completely wrong..........wouldn't be the first time this week.

Can you tell us the logo? :D

I think it took this long because the hockey program wanted it to take this long. the new jerseys have probably been sitting in the equipment managers office in a locked cabinet for a couple of months. :)

:lol: Probably had them since October, the equipment manager has just been effing with everyone

Can you tell us the logo? :D

The guy at one of the stores pointed it out on another shirt and I took a pic but I can't find it on my phone anymore after switching to a new one, it was very similar to the logo on this years official game puck, but if I see it again I will point it out, I still don't think it was exactly what we we will see, and I don't think it will resemble the actual real jerseys.

The guy at one of the stores pointed it out on another shirt and I took a pic but I can't find it on my phone anymore after switching to a new one, it was very similar to the logo on this years official game puck, but if I see it again I will point it out, I still don't think it was exactly what we we will see, and I don't think it will resemble the actual real jerseys.

Quickly snapped a pic of the game puck I have in my office

anfo5g.jpg

Quickly snapped a pic of the game puck I have in my office anfo5g.jpg

Did you guys hear the reason the glass around the league is breaking at high rate this season? It's made out of a different compound.

After the game, Fighting Sioux goalie Brad Eidsness said that ‘the pucks being made of a harder composite rubber has been the cause of many broken glass panes in arenas all over the WCHA.’