SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

I was right! Schlossman just said on the weekly chat they have the jerseys designed already and they say "North Dakota" on them

Usually I can find the weekly chat archieved but today I'm shut out. Anyone have a link to it? I know the wounds are still fresh and I know about 1.1.2015 but when does the Fighting Sioux name officially become history? After this sports season? Or is this now in the hands of the SBOHE to decide?

Usually I can find the weekly chat archieved but today I'm shut out. Anyone have a link to it? I know the wounds are still fresh and I know about 1.1.2015 but when does the Fighting Sioux name officially become history? After this sports season? Or is this now in the hands of the SBOHE to decide?

http://www.grandforksherald.com/pages/undsportschat

This would be my guess:

1112concept.png

My reason being is that a couple years ago, when they updated the ND logo, they also had a multitude of other items created from a new font to a plethora of wordmarks. I would guess that this was one of the reasons they went this route, and would be the perfect opportunity to really implement some of those designs.

• Upvote 2

This would be my guess:

1112concept.png

My reason being is that a couple years ago, when they updated the ND logo, they also had a multitude of other items created from a new font to a plethora of wordmarks. I would guess that this was one of the reasons they went this route, and would be the perfect opportunity to really implement some of those designs.

That "North Dakota" logo is horrible! I would hope the direction and passion with the Men's Hockey Team and with their jersey's that they wouldn't use that ugly North Dakota font along with that mockup design style you just showcased with that image.

That "North Dakota" logo is horrible! I would hope the direction and passion with the Men's Hockey Team and with their jersey's that they wouldn't use that ugly North Dakota font along with that mockup design style you just showcased with that image.

The jersey itself is the same as the current style, and the front logo is one that UND has been using a couple years now. I really didn't take any liberties with the design on that, just a quick mock-up.

I can't say it's the worst thing I've ever seen, and I think that speaks more to the rest of the jersey than the front wordmark. I really don't care for their new designs, and completely agree with LetsGoSioux! about how cartoonish and high schoolish that the new designs depict. They aren't very powerful.

How about something like this? I made a concept similar to this a couple years ago. I always like simpler fonts and designs.

1112Sample2.png

I could live with this. A lot better! Now remove the numbering under Dakota, it's too busy. Either put the numbers in the right hand corner of the jersey, where'd you typical see a captains letter, or just remove it all together.