SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

I was wondering what was up with that. Minnesota broke glass two weeks in a row in warm ups earlier this season

Guys keep getting stronger, sticks keep getting better also. Imagine if Happy Gilmore played in our arenas, a simple clear off the glass would result in a shattered glass panel! :)

Guys keep getting stronger, sticks keep getting better also. Imagine if Happy Gilmore played in our arenas, a simple clear off the glass would result in a shattered glass panel! :)

Imagine the damage he could do repeatadly stabbing his opponents with the new, lighter skates

I was wondering what was up with that. Minnesota broke glass two weeks in a row in warm ups earlier this season

If you pick up one of the new pucks you can kind of tell it's a little bit harder.

Stopped by Sioux Shop yesterday and noticed a jersey FAQ flier at the register. It contained the following info:

Q: When will the new men's hockey jersey be available for puchase in the Sioux Shop?

A: The new style of jerseys will be available for purchase in the Sioux Shop beginning in the fall of 2012.

Q: When will the new women's hockey jersey be available for purchase in the Sioux Shop?

A: We will have these as soon as they are approved for retail sales.

Q: Why are the new jerseys be worn by the teams, but not available in the Sioux Shop?

A: Both the men's and women's jerseys were made as expedited, custom orders for the teams. The manufacturers have not yet taken retail orders for the jerseys at this time. The Sioux Shop will carry both jerseys as soon as they are approved for retail sales and orders can be submitted to the manufacturers.

Reality check time folks:

Jim Dahl and PlayoffStatus.com both show UND with a better than 99% chance of being in the NCAA tournament next week.

So, where's the new gear?

And I say gear because it's not just jerseys. The helmets say "Sioux" on the front and have the logo on the sides. The breezers have the logo on the left leg at the cuff. And the undergear has the logo. UND can't show up with the word or logo anywhere.

Where's the new gear?

Not debuting it until stepping onto the ice in a week would be a mammoth distraction.

Reality check time folks:

Jim Dahl and PlayoffStatus.com both show UND with a better than 99% chance of being in the NCAA tournament next week.

So, where's the new gear?

And I say gear because it's not just jerseys. The helmets say "Sioux" on the front and have the logo on the sides. The breezers have the logo on the left leg at the cuff. And the undergear has the logo. UND can't show up with the word or logo anywhere.

Where's the new gear?

Not debuting it until stepping onto the ice in a week would be a mammoth distraction.

The logos and wordmarks on the helmet are stickers. They can be covered or taken off and replaced. The logo on the breezers (on the right leg) is embroidered on. I'm not sure how they address that without new shells for the pants...maybe sew a patch over it. Logos on sticks are can be easily taped over.

As I understand it, they can't have the name or logo visible at the NCAA tournament. I think some undergear with the logo would be fine as long as they aren't wearing it to press conferences. I remember seeing undergear on players without the logo at press conferences earlier this year when we were temporarily sans Fighting Sioux. So, I'm sure they already have that gear.

One thing we can be sure of - Andy Rannells and Pat Swanson will have a busy week.

The logos and wordmarks on the helmet are stickers. They can be covered or taken off and replaced. The logo on the breezers (on the right leg) is embroidered on. I'm not sure how they address that without new shells for the pants...maybe sew a patch over it. Logos on sticks are can be easily taped over.

As I understand it, they can't have the name or logo visible at the NCAA tournament. I think some undergear with the logo would be fine as long as they aren't wearing it to press conferences. I remember seeing undergear on players without the logo at press conferences earlier this year when we were temporarily sans Fighting Sioux. So, I'm sure they already have that gear.

One thing we can be sure of - Andy Rannells and Pat Swanson will have a busy week.

Not sure now, but a few years back the players had customized Sioux logo's on their Bauer Total One sticks. i wonder if there's any logo's on their Bauer or Easton sticks this year.

Not sure now, but a few years back the players had customized Sioux logo's on their Bauer Total One sticks. i wonder if there's any logo's on their Bauer or Easton sticks this year.

Not that I wouldn't past the NCAA to enforce, but doesn't the settlement agreement only apply to jersey's (this would include helmets and breezers I would assume)? Sticks seems like something that would be taking it a little far. On a related note, do either Dell or Eidsness have the logo anywhere on their helmet/masks?

Not that I wouldn't past the NCAA to enforce, but doesn't the settlement agreement only apply to jersey's (this would include helmets and breezers I would assume)? Sticks seems like something that would be taking it a little far. On a related note, do either Dell or Eidsness have the logo anywhere on their helmet/masks?

The word or the logo can not appear with UND in any form at an NCAA event. Not the team. Not the coaches. Not the administrative travel party. Not even the official school band travel party. That's the NCAA policy. Plus, don't forget the penalty: Game forfeit. (Predatory, defined.)

And as I noted earlier this year, just try to find the word or logo on the mask of Dell, Eidsness, or Maris. (Hint: You won't. That right there is a statement from the hockey coaches and administration about what they knew was the NCAA's willingness to relent on this issue at any point.)

The settlement agreement applies to any logos or nicknames visible on anyone associated with the official UND traveling party. That includes cheerleaders, band members, etc. If one of the coaches had a tie with the logo the NCAA could call a forfeit. So a logo on anything that is on the ice, including the sticks, is included under the settlement agreement. If it is visible to the public within the building it is included in the agreement.

Just wanted to throw this out there. I have come across a Gemini Black Fighting Sioux Geometric jersey but the problem is it is a Large. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to trade a similar jersey for an XL or XXL? PM if you are interested Thanks

Just wanted to throw this out there. I have come across a Gemini Black Fighting Sioux Geometric jersey but the problem is it is a Large. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to trade for a NIKE jersey or another Geometric in a size larger? PM if interested

I really cannot believe that the jerseys they will be wearing on Saturday have not been leaked.

I think Coach Hakstol would be wise to call a press conference today or tomorrow and simply have a mannequin with the helmet, jersey, pants, and socks they'll be wearing this weekend. Being the 1-seed it's easy because they only have to show the white jersey.

Show them, then point blank say, "We, the team, will not be taking questions about this uniform. All questions may be directed to Bernard Franklin and Walter Harrison at the NCAA. Thank you." And then walk out.

Let the media buzz but get the distraction out of the way well before Saturday.

Weigh that against the game-day distraction.

I'd rather get ahead of it and have it be secondary on game-day.

Actually more of a distraction for the fans (especially the ones on this board) than for the players. Not having to answer a million questions about whether they like they new jerseys or not is probably a good thing before the first game. Maybe they will have to deal with it at the press conference afterwards, but they will be insulated from all the questions while the players are on the ice during warmups and the game. Put me in the "The Right Thing to Do" column. On the other hand, I am curious.

I guarantee that this is a complete non-issue for the team. They could be wearing generic white practice jerseys with numbers written in sharpie and it would make no difference. They are concerned about WMU, not whether their blouse matches their skirt. There will be zero gameday distraction for the team. Of all the potential concerns, the style of the jersey has to dead last on the list.

• Upvote 3