SiouxSports.com Forum

Pod style game 1-Miami

Wilbur

8 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Jake Sanderson looked quiet. Only 2 more games for him in the pod. He'll only improve and get better.

Agreed. He’ll be much more dominant...these guys are just knocking the rust off. Some of those forwards need to wake up a bit.

25 minutes ago, Oldguy said:

I thought our senior class was kinda invisible today, with the exception of Kiersted.  Gaber & Pinto seem to have some chemistry.  

Not a dazzling performance, but understandable for a first game.  Need to be much better on Friday.

I thought the Gooch line would be our best, but the Pinto line looked better today.

• Upvote 1

Back to the matter at hand.   I missed the game due to other commitments but it seems, from what I've read we've got a real gem in Gaber.  God I love it when a new player comes out smoking on the first game.    Things might be different now days but it's still  Fighting Hawks hockey.

Pinto had the primary assists for both goals and looked great. Gaber is the real deal, he reminds me of Drake Caggiula and Tyson Jost. Very good in shaking a defender off and really good hands. He went into the corner with 2 Miami players and came out with the puck. I think Miami's line against our senior line matched up and nulled them out.

My 2 cents

3 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Jake Sanderson looked quiet. Only 2 more games for him in the pod. He'll only improve and get better.

He was absolutely incredible in the first period, but quiet midway through. He made an unreal, backhanded sauce pass from the corner leading up to an odd-man rush right after Gaber's goal. I was very happy with him. Never got out of position and was eager to enter the rush especially in the first. Such a smooth skater. Incredible feet.