SiouxSports.com Forum

Pod style game 1-Miami

Wilbur

Afternoon kickoff for UND tomorrow against a Miami team picked to finish....(checks notes....) last.

Anything less than a sweep on Wednesday is unacceptable. ;)

I'm just thrilled to be watching my favorite team again.  Can't wait. 

I'll say 4-1 UND.  With Gaber netting his first collegiate goal. 

• Upvote 4

So, I come back to see this as a sports forum again... very happy lol. 

Anyone's guess on lines?

Here's my guess:

Mash-Adams-Guchi
Gaber-Pinto-Judd
Hain-Weatherby-Blaisdell
Keane-Senden-Ness-Budy

JBD-Kierstad
Sanderson-Frisch
GBast-Kleven

Thome
Scheel
Feeney

I was told Albrect is making a big push for time, too. I had a tough time with the third and fourth lines. I think they go extra forward simply because of the depth, but I bet we'll see A LOT of shuffling in the pod, game-to-game. Hard to keep Rieger off the ice.

41 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Anyone's guess on lines?

Here's my guess:

Mash-Adams-Guchi
Gaber-Pinto-Judd
Hain-Weatherby-Blaisdell
Keane-Senden-Ness-Budy

JBD-Kierstad
Sanderson-Frisch
GBast-Kleven

Thome
Scheel
Feeney

I was told Albrect is making a big push for time, too. I had a tough time with the third and fourth lines. I think they go extra forward simply because of the depth, but I bet we'll see A LOT of shuffling in the pod, game-to-game. Hard to keep Rieger off the ice.

I like the combos.  I think they'll keep Senden and Hain together though.  I've been hated on for it, but I love Reiger in a grinder role on a checking line.  I know there is an enormous amount of talent up front and he likely will get a suit most nights, but playing teams like Western, that needless to say throw their weight around, he's a good guy to have.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Anyone's guess on lines?

Here's my guess:

Mash-Adams-Guchi
Gaber-Pinto-Judd
Hain-Weatherby-Blaisdell
Keane-Senden-Ness-Budy

JBD-Kierstad
Sanderson-Frisch
GBast-Kleven

Thome
Scheel
Feeney

I think Albrect will get a shot here considering we are playing 10 games in 21 days. Some guys will need to be rested. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Anyone's guess on lines?

Here's my guess:

Mash-Adams-Guchi
Gaber-Pinto-Judd
Hain-Weatherby-Blaisdell
Keane-Senden-Ness-Budy

JBD-Kierstad
Sanderson-Frisch
GBast-Kleven

Thome
Scheel
Feeney

I have been undecided all off-season on lines 2 and 3. I have the same players but felt like there were multiple combinations of these six players that would work. Can’t wait to see what we go with. 

2 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

I have been undecided all off-season on lines 2 and 3. I have the same players but felt like there were multiple combinations of these six players that would work. Can’t wait to see what we go with. 

Yes, I think we'll see a lot of guys in a lot of different spots with all the rest that will be needed. 

2 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

I think Albrect will get a shot here considering we are playing 10 games in 21 days. Some guys will need to be rested. 

Totally agree. It'll be fun.

8 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Anyone's guess on lines?

Here's my guess:

Mash-Adams-Guchi
Gaber-Pinto-Judd
Hain-Weatherby-Blaisdell
Keane-Senden-Ness-Budy

JBD-Kierstad
Sanderson-Frisch
GBast-Kleven

Thome
Scheel
Feeney

I like it I think the one adjustment I'd make is moving Hain with Keane and Senden and Ness with Weatherby and Blaisdell.

Just now, 90siouxfan said:

hoping to see a line up soon

I was just looking for one as well...nothing posted from Schloss that I can find yet.
Will  be interesting to see how teams use their extra skaters during the pod setup...I would imagine that every healthy skater will get a shot in the lineup.

2 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

Mishmash Adams Kawaguchi

Hain Pinto Gaber

Budy Weatherby Ness

Blaisdell Senden Caulfield (Keane)

Kiersted JBD

Sanderson Frisch

Kleven Bast

Scheel

Go Sioux!

Who are the healthy scratches?  Albrecht?

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

Lineup is interesting...not what I would have guessed 

Agreed. I thought they would keep for 4 centers the same as with the way these games come in bunches depth will play a huge factor but I'm surprised Hain is in the top 6 although they tried him there early last year as well. Thought he would stick with Senden and add Ness with them.