SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 ND High School Hockey

Not sure where to ask this but does anyone know what happened to the the Icon Hockey cameras at the Judd & Rydell rinks?

Last year I was able to watch live games there and nothing seems to be live anymore.

Looked all over google but can't find any current info.

Anybody local know what happened?

Thanks for any help.

1 hour ago, Speez said:

Not sure where to ask this but does anyone know what happened to the the Icon Hockey cameras at the Judd & Rydell rinks?

Last year I was able to watch live games there and nothing seems to be live anymore.

Looked all over google but can't find any current info.

Anybody local know what happened?

Thanks for any help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-dlSGhvv04

not likely the solution you are seeking but it's hockey, eh

I have watched some games here, but not lately

https://iconhockeycam.com/index.html

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

Any word on Sandy’s post HS options? His stats are crazy.   96.7 save percentage.

The stat I heard last night:
Sandy entered the game with a 96% save percentage. He gave up nothing on 38 shots. He made 96% go up. :blink:

Went to my first high school hockey game this season last night between Williston and Minot.  One of the best high school games I've ever watched in person.  Williston has former Bemidji State player Tyler Jundt and former MSU Maverick Jordan Nelson coaching them and man did they battle.  When I was coaching the state always hinted at a shootout after OT and I was never for it, so I'm not sure if the state made the move to go to a shootout or it was the coaches.  Either way, 2-2 OT tie, Minot won the shootout.  Kids just gassed after the game from playing tons of minutes.  A name to pay attention to as a future DI player from the state is Jackson Ekblad.  Size, hands, can skate.  

Also heard that the region tournament is going to be home sites the first two rounds, and then Saturday is one location.  State tournament will be games on Tuesday at home sites, then Fri-Sat at the Ralph.  I'd hate to be a Williston or a Fargo and have to make the trek across the state for one game, or a Dickinson if they got the 4 seed and had to go to Grand Forks on Tuesday to play Central, then either wait in Grand Forks for two days or make the six hour bus trip back.    

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Went to my first high school hockey game this season last night between Williston and Minot.  One of the best high school games I've ever watched in person.  Williston has former Bemidji State player Tyler Jundt and former MSU Maverick Jordan Nelson coaching them and man did they battle.  When I was coaching the state always hinted at a shootout after OT and I was never for it, so I'm not sure if the state made the move to go to a shootout or it was the coaches.  Either way, 2-2 OT tie, Minot won the shootout.  Kids just gassed after the game from playing tons of minutes.  A name to pay attention to as a future DI player from the state is Jackson Ekblad.  Size, hands, can skate.  

Also heard that the region tournament is going to be home sites the first two rounds, and then Saturday is one location.  State tournament will be games on Tuesday at home sites, then Fri-Sat at the Ralph.  I'd hate to be a Williston or a Fargo and have to make the trek across the state for one game, or a Dickinson if they got the 4 seed and had to go to Grand Forks on Tuesday to play Central, then either wait in Grand Forks for two days or make the six hour bus trip back.    

Yeah the state tournament setup makes zero sense.

I'm just lost on the way they are doing the WDA tournament.  With where the teams are at it just doesn't make sense.  I can see it working in the EDC where the longest bus trip is only 3 hours.  

Williston could potentially be on the road to Bismarck on a Tuesday, likely 7 pm game I'd guess.  Then be on the road on a Thursday to Jamestown.

If they're still alive on Saturday they are on the road again to Minot.

On 1/16/2021 at 11:07 PM, tnt said:

Kind of surprised that both Red River and Central put the hurt on EGF, 6-1 and 7-4 respectively.  Braden Panzer outdueled Jaksen Panzer in the process.

I watched a little bit of both and EGF had the better of the play when I was watching in all but one crucial area goaltending. Didn't even notice if they started the same goalie both days or not but it looked to be a weak point for sure. Believe EGF actually outshot both Central and Red River.

42 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

First loss by Moorhead to an ND team in over a decade. 

Yeah, the only reason they schedule ND schools is a filler very very rarely.  Lose lose situation for them IMHO.  Don't schedule them and you've got the "holier than thou" from people on the west side of the river.  Then you do schedule them, and if you lose......ufff.......

18 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

ND to go to 75% capacity for indoor athletics as of Monday based on current state risk level. No more vouchers needed. Good for the common fan who wants to take in some ND HS hockey.....or BB.

Would have been nice to watch my nephew play against GFC with the 75% rule in force at Purpur yesterday.

3 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Welp they did play again, and they lost to both again. Pretty clear EGF just isn’t as good 

Goaltending is a huge issue for EGF. I watched the 1st period yesterday and it was tied 2-2 after 1. 2 goals on 6 shots for Red River after the 1st and 4 goals on 12 after the 2nd. 

They have used 2 goalies this season. One has a 3.26 GAA and .818 save % and the other has a 5.40 GAA and .719 save %. Gonna be tough for them to make any run this year with those numbers.