SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 ND High School Hockey

46 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

2004 birth year

Ausmus went through Minnesota District and is listed as an EGF player.  I didn't see Panzer on this list but know he was in Sioux Falls for Stampede main camp so maybe he wasn't at Select 17 camp.  I had also seen his name as being invited.  Still, he'd also be an EGF/Minnesota District player.

Oh sorry....forgot how all these regions are split out. I've been in MN for awhile so I've only thought about it as "northern players"

Panzer was invited...but wasn't at the camp. Maybe injured or something.

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2021 at 12:12 PM, Yote 53 said:

Seems an appropriate spot for this.  I come up here to get my hockey talk fix because there is nobody to talk with on the Yote board.

USA Hockey Select 17 Camp is just finishing up.  Looking at the camp list is concerning.  I count 3 players from the Northern Plains district that were invited, 2 from North Dakota and 1 from Montana, 0 from South Dakota and Montana.  Of the 3 players invited, a goalie from North Dakota played last season for Omaha AAA, a forward from Montana played at Lawrence Academy (Mass Prep), and a defenseman from Williston HS.  There was a forward from SF Power but he's from New Mexico and went through the Rocky Mountain District.

The obvious question is obvious, why only 3 players from the Northern Plains District?  I realize it is based on registration numbers but only 3 spots?  No Grand Forks Hockey representation?  None from SD or WY?  There is a depth of good players in North Dakota (and even South Dakota) that were passed over simply because there are not enough "spots".  Northern Plains District should get a few more spots, especially when you consider Central District got 19 and Rocky Mountain got 12.  3 players from the Green Bay Jr Gamblers U16 team made it (one of them is listed as playing for the Chicago Steel).  You're telling me one team in Wisconsin should get as much representation as 4 states?

This does not help in convincing the best players in our respective states that they should stay home and play high school hockey and they will be recognized and can go somewhere from there.

LINK

Northern plains District was shafted... in my view of spots at all the national festivals. Very little opportunity at the levels.

Makes one question the massive amount of kids invited to the spring NP high performance camp. Seems to have been 95% money grab and 5% true competition for advancement. In fact the watered down talent level at the camp kept some of the higher skilled kids from attending. 

2 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Northern plains District was shafted... in my view of spots at all the national festivals. Very little opportunity at the levels.

Makes one question the massive amount of kids invited to the spring NP high performance camp. Seems to have been 95% money grab and 5% true competition for advancement. In fact the watered down talent level at the camp kept some of the higher skilled kids from attending. 

It’s been a money grab for quite some time now 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/29/2021 at 9:12 PM, ChadR said:

Have any ND kids made junior teams for next season?

It will be interesting to see how many jump ship this year before their 2nd year of bantams, I've heard rumors now of a few...

or those kids of bantams and leaving the dumpster fire of ND high school hockey.