SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 ND High School Hockey

33 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

The way they tied it up me too 

Sounds similar to when we lost to Boston College in the National Championship in overtime.  UND scored twice in the final minutes to tie it 2-2, then lost in overtime with all the momentum on their side.

• Upvote 2

More ranting at the NDHSAA

You have Williston and Dickinson traveling 6 plus hours on Tuesday and Thursday.  Now, you've got them playing at 10 AM on a Saturday morning in Minot.  Both teams now likely to travel to Minot tonight to stay in a hotel, and get up early Saturday to play a morning state qualifier.  Since you already went out of your way to be "safe" the first two rounds, why don't you have Dickinson meet up in Williston Saturday evening at a time that makes more sense and has less travel?

And the winner gets a trek across the state for one game on a Tuesday in Grand Forks......Odds extremely low either would knock off a Central or Red River, but if they did, go back home only to make the same trip on Thursday or Friday after making the trip on Monday likely and staying in a hotel.    

And the class B basketball tournaments go on as normal......makes sense.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

More ranting at the NDHSAA

You have Williston and Dickinson traveling 6 plus hours on Tuesday and Thursday.  Now, you've got them playing at 10 AM on a Saturday morning in Minot.  Both teams now likely to travel to Minot tonight to stay in a hotel, and get up early Saturday to play a morning state qualifier.  Since you already went out of your way to be "safe" the first two rounds, why don't you have Dickinson meet up in Williston Saturday evening at a time that makes more sense and has less travel?

And the winner gets a trek across the state for one game on a Tuesday in Grand Forks......Odds extremely low either would knock off a Central or Red River, but if they did, go back home only to make the same trip on Thursday or Friday after making the trip on Monday likely and staying in a hotel.    

And the class B basketball tournaments go on as normal......makes sense.  

Makes to much sense Wilbur 

By the way my Covid test came back negative but since I’m sick I had to do another one. Results in 2 days 

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

Makes to much sense Wilbur 

By the way my Covid test came back negative but since I’m sick I had to do another one. Results in 2 days 

Covid doesn't kill hockey players!  We are too tough!  Good luck coach, all the best with your health!

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Covid doesn't kill hockey players!  We are too tough!  Good luck coach, all the best with your health!

I’ll attest to that! 
even if you test positive don’t let the media fear mongering get you.  Media based fear was way worse for me than the disease itself.  Hang tough!

17 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Reff called it no goal on the ice too.  I can't believe they'd go to the goal judge there. 

There appears to be a storyline that the goal judge can be heard bemoaning overtime and pleading for a goal prior to making the call.

Also seems that the goal judge in question has been banned from reffing in pevious instances..

That is not confirmed, just alleged,

Ugly ugly scene all around accoursing to the rumormill.

49 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

There appears to be a storyline that the goal judge can be heard bemoaning overtime and pleading for a goal prior to making the call.

Also seems that the goal judge in question has been banned from reffing in pevious instances..

That is not confirmed, just alleged,

Ugly ugly scene all around accoursing to the rumormill.