SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 ND High School Hockey

Watched a bit of the Minot vs. Bottineau game on youtube.  Saw they finally made locker rooms at the Lumber Dome for opposing teams not within fifteen feet of each other.  Definitely a step! :lol:

From the scores it looks like (surprise) we are in for GFC wins state for the......(checks google.......) 29th time.  I think the Panzer kid (Jay's son I believe) is well on his way to a Mr. Hockey....aka.....senior athlete of the year award, just like his dad.  

15 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

From the scores it looks like (surprise) we are in for GFC wins state for the......(checks google.......) 29th time.  I think the Panzer kid (Jay's son I believe) is well on his way to a Mr. Hockey....aka.....senior athlete of the year award, just like his dad.  

Watched the GFC/GFRR game last night. Most dynamic kid on the ice.

10 hours ago, sioux rube said:

What’s going on with the Bismarck Demons? Just lost to Williston 4-3 in overtime. Going out on a limb here and I bet that’s the Coyotes first win ever over them 

Wrong. Williston has put together some dingers for teams over the years. They beat  high quite a few times in the 2001-2006 span. Also in 2009-2010 when williston was 19-4, they beat high once. Williston ended up placing 3rd at state and high lost to central in the championship. They beat them once the year before that as well when they went 18-5.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Wrong. Williston has put together some dingers for teams over the years. They beat  high quite a few times in the 2001-2006 span. Also in 2009-2010 when williston was 19-4, they beat high once. Williston ended up placing 3rd at state and high lost to central in the championship. They beat them once the year before that as well when they went 18-5.

Damn my memory has gone to hell. Talked to our high school coach last night and he says they will compete for a spot at state this year. Thanks for jogging my deteriorating memory. With that said Bismarck hasn’t been the same since Peluso retired 

17 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Damn my memory has gone to hell. Talked to our high school coach last night and he says they will compete for a spot at state this year. Thanks for jogging my deteriorating memory. With that said Bismarck hasn’t been the same since Peluso retired 

I'd say its more to do with a continued shift in demographics of hockey players out of the BHS district.

It gets significantly worse, unless some lines are redrawn.

Peluso moreso saw the numbers and projections, and the reality of the future.

5 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I'd say its more to do with a continued shift in demographics of hockey players out of the BHS district.

It gets significantly worse, unless some lines are redrawn.

Peluso moreso saw the numbers and projections, and the reality of the future.

I thought his reasoning for resigning was in support of the coach at Davies who was let go because the parents were trying to run the team or something like that. 

12 hours ago, sioux rube said:

I thought his reasoning for resigning was in support of the coach at Davies who was let go because the parents were trying to run the team or something like that. 

Knowing Peluso he knew exactly what things in the youth levels looked like in Bismarck.

• Upvote 1

Tuesday (Dec 29, 2020) Boys Games

Grafton/Park River  [2-2]            2 - 3 - 2  =  7      13 - 26 - 19  =  58
Devils Lake  [1-3]                      0 - 1 - 0  =  1       8  - 7  -  7   =  22
Final

W.F. Sheyenne  [3-0]                1 - 2 - 2  =  5       7 - 11 - 12  =  30
Fargo North   [1-3]                    1 - 0 - 3  =  4       15 - 6 - 13  =  34
Final - [Non League Game]

Jamestown  [3-2]                       2 - 1 - 2  =  5       23 - 8 - 19  =  50
Bottineau/Rugby  [2-2]               1 - 2 - 1  =  4       6 - 21 - 10  =  37
Final

Fargo Davies  [3-1]                    2 - 2 - 0  =  4      14 - 8 - 13  =  35
W.F. Packers  [0-4]                   0 - 0 - 2  =  2       7  - 4 -  8   =  19
Final

Mandan  [0-3]                            1 - 1 - 0  =  2     5  - 3 -  6   =  14
Bismarck High  [1-2]                  1 - 2 - 3  =  6     11 - 8 - 12  =  31
Final

G.F. Central  [3-1]                    0 - 0 - 1  =  1      15 - 16 - 15  =  46
Fargo South/Shanley  [3-1]       0 - 2 - 0  =  2       5  -  8  -  1  =  14

Final