SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 ND High School Hockey

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

First all GF final since 2005?  Seems like there have been more than that.

Every year you pencil one of them in the championship game.  I'd bet a Grand Forks school has played in 95% of the state championship games.  Probably more.  

A GF team has played in the championship every year since 1992!

Minus one year: 2012.

That was right around the time DaveK predicted a Fargo would start to dominate Boys HS hockey. :lol:

16 minutes ago, PuckLuck said:

Loved seeing the two teams shake hands and hug it out at the end. The awards at the end was pathetic. Happy to see them play but shame on NDHSAA for not even trying to do the awards in a normal way.

Handshakes and hugs... but can't hold the entire tournament in one venue. Makes alot of sense!

To the previous 3 posts above......

NDHSAA gets a D. Can't give them a F cause there actually was a state tournament.

The Ralph gets an F-. The hypocrisy I witnessed on TV after having been there for all 6 home UND games to date is beyond words.

Handshake line by GFC/GFRR gets an A+.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

NDHSAA gets a D. Can't give them a F cause there actually was a state tournament.

The Ralph gets an F-. The hypocrisy I witnessed on TV after having been there for all 6 home UND games to date is beyond words.

Is using puck stained practice nets part of their F or is that a different grade?

If there had been a close call near the goal line where they had to look through the net from the overhead to see the puck there could have been trouble.

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Can you expand on REA’s F grade?  I wasn’t able to watch the games.

46 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Can you expand on REA’s F grade?  I wasn’t able to watch the games.

100+ GFC students piled on top of each other in one section. 100+ GFRR students in another section all on top of each other. Social distancing.....meh. Ma$k$?? Optional at best. Thought the Ralph had policies in place for that sort of thing.....cause "they have to" as someone here explained.

Those policies only must be for the family of 4 that was next to me at the Saturday Omaha game a week prior where the usher accosted them......but when one girl is 4 and the other girl is 6 why would the REA staff want them to jump around, laugh, cheer, eat popcorn and Sour Patch candy and actually have fun with mom and dad.

#askJody

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

100+ GFC students piled on top of each other in one section. 100+ GFRR students in another section all on top of each other. Social distancing.....meh. Ma$k$?? Optional at best. Thought the Ralph had policies in place for that sort of thing.....cause "they have to" as someone here explained.

Those policies only must be for the family of 4 that was next to me at the Saturday Omaha game a week prior where the usher accosted them......but when one girl is 4 and the other girl is 6 why would the REA staff want them to jump around, laugh, cheer, eat popcorn and Sour Patch candy and actually have fun with mom and dad.

#askJody

Give me a break, the teams that didn't win their quarterfinal games were all social distanced for the rest of the tournament. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...