SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 ND High School Hockey

If you guys could just throw up links prior to the game that would be great.  Would love to have some HS hockey on in the background while working at the office.  Yes, I'm a hockey junkie that will watch any game from anywhere at almost any level.  HockeyTV is either the greatest thing ever if you ask me or the worst thing ever if you ask my wife.

1 hour ago, Yote 53 said:

If you guys could just throw up links prior to the game that would be great.  Would love to have some HS hockey on in the background while working at the office.  Yes, I'm a hockey junkie that will watch any game from anywhere at almost any level.  HockeyTV is either the greatest thing ever if you ask me or the worst thing ever if you ask my wife.

Go to ndhighschoolhockey.com.  The guy who does that site put up a full list of links to both boys' and girls' games starting at roughly 4:30 today.

On Friday it looks like a full days worth of games starting at 11 AM.  

20 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Prediction time:

South Shanley over Minot 3-1

Central over Bottineau 8-1

Century over West Fargo 2-1

Red River over Williston 6-1  

South Shanley over Minot 5-1

Central over Bottineau 14-0

Century over West Fargo 3-1

Red River over Williston 10-0  

6 hours ago, Yote 53 said:

PSP Network will be broadcasting online the Minot High - Fargo Shanley game tonight pregame starts at 5:30 and game starts at 6. https://psp.network/

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

What's the state tourney goals record?

If Central kept the gas down the entire game they could probably get close today.  Bottineau has a pretty good goaltender, but he'll need to be sharp to keep Central under 6 goals.

Thrilled to see Bottineau at the state tournament, but know that the inevitable is going to occur with all the talent that GFC has.        

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

If Central kept the gas down the entire game they could probably get close today.  Bottineau has a pretty good goaltender, but he'll need to be sharp to keep Central under 6 goals.

Thrilled to see Bottineau at the state tournament, but know that the inevitable is going to occur with all the talent that GFC has.        

Once upon a time, long ago, when I played for GFRR we beat Bottineau 13-0 in the state tournament. Kudos for anyone that can figure out what year. 

12 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Central vs. Red River for the state championship part???????

Central is the 28 time state champ?  Not sure how many Red River has.  Wonder how many state championship game appearances between the two schools.

Rrhs has 19 titles to their name I believe in their shorter existence as a school

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Central vs. Red River for the state championship part???????

Central is the 28 time state champ?  Not sure how many Red River has.  Wonder how many state championship game appearances between the two schools.

Championship Game Appearances by Team

Grand Forks Central - 31

Grand Forks Red River  - 28

Fargo North - 12

Grafton / Park River - 10

Fargo South - 8

Bismarck - 6

Grafton - 5

Minot - 4

Fargo South / Shanley - 1

Bismarck Century - 1

Grand Forks St. James - 1

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, NDNative said:

Grand Forks Central - 31

Fargo North - 12

Fargo South - 8

Bismarck - 6

Grafton - 5

Minot - 4

Bismarck Century - 1

For the good of the state inhope they catch up 

8 hours ago, NDNative said:

Grand Forks Central - 31

Fargo North - 12

Fargo South - 8

Bismarck - 6

Grafton - 5

Minot - 4

Bismarck Century - 1

The dominance in hockey by the Grand Forks Schools is impressive, comparable to Bismarck High Wrestling.

Saw this the other idea and it is pretty incredible.

62 State Wrestling Tournaments held in North Dakota---1st place 39 times, runner up 15 times, 3rd place 8 times...never finished lower than 3rd.

22 Dual State Wrestling Tournaments held in North Dakota---1st place 17 times, runner up 5 times...

4 minutes ago, petey23 said:

The dominance in hockey by the Grand Forks Schools is impressive, comparable to Bismarck High Wrestling.

Saw this the other idea and it is pretty incredible.

62 State Wrestling Tournaments held in North Dakota---1st place 39 times, runner up 15 times, 3rd place 8 times...never finished lower than 3rd.

22 Dual State Wrestling Tournaments held in North Dakota---1st place 17 times, runner up 5 times...

That’s beyond impressive. Didn’t the Red River boys tennis team dominate for years too?

15 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

They don't prioritize hockey. It's like football, wrestling, or basketball in Grand Forks.......

Very true. I mean Grand Forks is thee hockey town in the state. Obviously having one of the greatest college hockey programs there is huge. Like you said Bismarck schools spread their sports out. Just the way it is and has been for quite awhile 

8 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

They don't prioritize hockey. It's like football, wrestling, or basketball in Grand Forks.......

The ones that do out west end up losing good kids to other programs.  Watched the Minot-South game last night and Minot has lost 8 kids that should be on their high school team this year to prep schools or prep programs.  The kid that scored the first goal for South-Shanley last night is a Wahp-Breck kid that left and ended up at South-Shanley like the Senf kid who left Jamestown the year before.  

Talked to a dad that sent his kid away out here in western ND.  The biggest thing for him was the game/competition factor.  You get 20 something games in ND high school hockey, and if you play in the west you've got guaranteed league games with some teams that are lacking when it comes to being able to put a competitive team on the ice for a high school game.  His kid just played in his 47th game at his prep program.

I've always been a huge fan of high school hockey.  Coached, played, etc.  Just can't blame these kids when the NDHSAA does everything in their power to keep all the other sports at competitive levels (see Red River and Central dropping a class in football), yet hockey just remains on the back burner.  

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

The ones that do out west end up losing good kids to other programs.  Watched the Minot-South game last night and Minot has lost 8 kids that should be on their high school team this year to prep schools or prep programs.  The kid that scored the first goal for South-Shanley last night is a Wahp-Breck kid that left and ended up at South-Shanley like the Senf kid who left Jamestown the year before.  

Talked to a dad that sent his kid away out here in western ND.  The biggest thing for him was the game/competition factor.  You get 20 something games in ND high school hockey, and if you play in the west you've got guaranteed league games with some teams that are lacking when it comes to being able to put a competitive team on the ice for a high school game.  His kid just played in his 47th game at his prep program.

I've always been a huge fan of high school hockey.  Coached, played, etc.  Just can't blame these kids when the NDHSAA does everything in their power to keep all the other sports at competitive levels (see Red River and Central dropping a class in football), yet hockey just remains on the back burner.  

Very good point. Plus, all the kids that choose to go play Juniors in other states! I do think that in the end it's the amount of time the East (Grand Forks specifically) focuses on hockey. Correct me if I am wrong, do many of these hockey players play anything else but maybe tennis or golf? No knock on those sports, but one has to wonder if those kids chose to play football, would GF football be more competitive?