SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

13 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

This is true but the founders created a United republic that very well integrates the differing values.

Had clear lines of differing values been created the fractured regions would long ago been engagerd in violent conflict.

However this current state may no longer contain the differences.

An election as corrupt as what has happened could be the tipping point, although more likely the over arching actions of an illegitimate government and restricted freedoms will send it over the edge.

The sad thing is the foolish who dont even know what they have been advocating for, those are the ones that are truly going to regret what is goingnto be legislated upon them. 

What is one unifying principal that unites us all or at least most of us in 2020? 

6 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

2016:  “RESIST!” and “NOT MY PRESIDENT!”  

2020:  “We need to come together and heal.”

What changed?

So you're saying #notmyPresident has trended prior today?

6 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

What changed?

2000:  Count every legal vote to save the democracy!

2020:  Count every legal vote to save the democracy!

All eyes on GA.......that's gonna be a frickin Gong Show in two months. 

Disappointed  in the presidental outcome but it is was. If GA stea......I mean wins both senate seats watch out. Biden has already used the term "mandate".

17 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

What changed?

Very little apparently. Other than players have flip flopped. Same divide. Different year. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.  Won’t be long until “Not my President” chorus from the right side of the tabernacle. 

Trump needs to own this defeat. He lost by 20% to the suburban Escalade driving, Ellen watching, bottle of wine before noon, soccer moms in this country. They saw him as a prick (which he is)....because of his personality . Now when their husband's salary diminishes due to massive tax hikes by the Dems and they are having to  buy wine in a box, their kids are still distance learning and they are driving CR-Vs things will change in 2022.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Nothing apparently. Players have flip flopped. Same divide. Different year. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.  

So Republicans are mobilizing and rioting in the streets today?  Our “news media” folks behind the teleprompters are crying on the air?  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

So Republicans are mobilizing and rioting in the streets today?  Our “news media” folks behind the teleprompters are crying on the air?  

My daughter and her conservative friends at UND are not looking for a safe space or grief counseling.

3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Yup. I’m sure one will be able to find examples of all that over the next several months if they look hard enough. Sad state of affairs from both sides. 

7 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Trump needs to own this defeat. He lost by 20% to the suburban Escalade driving, Ellen watching, bottle of wine before noon, soccer moms in this country. They saw him as a prick (which he is)....because of his personality . Now when their husband's salary diminishes due to massive tax hikes by the Dems and they are having to  buy wine in a box, their kids are still distance learning and they are driving CR-Vs thing will change in 2022.

somewhat disagree...lots of these moms like their material stuff...just like last election people will say thing and vote another.  i don't believe that he lost that many soccer moms....to keep up with their friends TDS they say they voted biden but really did plug their noses and voted trump....it's hard to win an election when millions of illegal votes are counted...adn this has been happening for a long long time.

it ends here

2 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Yup. I’m sure one will be able to find examples of all that over the next several months if they look hard enough. Sad state of affairs from both sides. 

Do you think colleges will take days off and offer grief counselors for conservative students? It’s different when the left is involved, it’s important to recognize that.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

All eyes on GA.......that's gonna be a frickin Gong Show in two months. 

Disappointed  in the presidental outcome but it is was. If GA stea......I mean wins both senate seats watch out. Biden has already used the term "mandate".

6 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Personally, I hope for a Republican Senate being as it appears Biden is president elect.

Hopefully, there will be some compromise on both sides to get something done that makes sense.

We'll get the Senate. Mitch will get boots on the ground. Wish we had better candidates down there but thank God the Dem candidates are the types who also ride the short bus.

Will probably be the two hottest contested Senate seats in recent memory. 

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

somewhat disagree...lots of these moms like their material stuff...just like last election people will say thing and vote another.  i don't believe that he lost that many soccer moms....to keep up with their friends TDS they say they voted biden but really did plug their noses and voted trump....it's hard to win an election when millions of illegal votes are counted...adn this has been happening for a long long time.

it ends here

Most of those suburban, stay at home moms don’t know a damn thing about where their husbands income comes from and how voting for Biden would hurt them financially. The amount of conservative husband, liberal wife households in the Minneapolis area is staggering.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

Most of those suburban, stay at home moms don’t know a damn thing about where their husbands income comes from and how voting for Biden would hurt them financially. The amount of conservative husband, liberal wife households in the Minneapolis area is staggering.

Hey sally before you vote today just letting you know if biden wins we aint getting that cadillac and we aint going to cazumel either....see ya later tonight.  

9 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Do you think colleges will take days off and offer grief counselors for conservative students? It’s different when the left is involved, it’s important to recognize that.

Good point! You never know, though, these days. Anything could happen. Let’s just say, I would not be surprised if someone presented some sort of example from the Internets. I think counseling will continue to be given to all students for any reason they present a need regardless of college. Strange times. The divide is real.