SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

Why does it take Alaska to count votes

there aren’t that many people,there 

votes aren’t even close and they won’t call any races 

I guess they want to wait until the sun goes down for 6 months 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Kab said:

Is hay duke actually one of the moderators of this forum undercover?

I think he's just bitter because all the big dreams he had for a Biden administration have likely went out the window.

6 hours ago, Kab said:

Georgia will be another Chicago when it comes to the senate run offs

You can see the fixes are in, I suppose they will want mail in votes  only so they can control the outcome and they will count votes late until they get the outcome they want 

this is voter suppression 

any state that requires a 50 % minimum to win news to then key only two candidates be on the ballot

look How many are running for those seats 

The 'fix is in'?   Georgia's electoral process is currently under the administration of their GOP.  Is their Secretary of State a secret liberal agent?:silly:  

Irregularities and mishaps occur every election.  Happens all the time.  Trump has every right to look into these.   But to push the narrative that our entire democratic process is rigged to force him out of office is unadulterated crap.  

1 hour ago, Kab said:

Why does it take Alaska to count votes

there aren’t that many people,there 

votes aren’t even close and they won’t call any races 

I guess they want to wait until the sun goes down for 6 months 

i have been saying the same thing...call the damn race already

9 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

The 'fix is in'?   Georgia's electoral process is currently under the administration of their GOP.  Is their Secretary of State a secret liberal agent?:silly:  

Irregularities and mishaps occur every election.  Happens all the time.  Trump has every right to look into these.   But to push the narrative that our entire democratic process is rigged to force him out of office is unadulterated crap.  

I don’t agree with his narrative but to say this entire election is like anything we have ever seen is not an accurate comparison.  This election was more open to scrutiny based on how it was run than past elections.  You will likely be able to take those irregularities and multiply them times 100.  

What needs to happen is states prepare for the pandemic of 2024.   How they will handle that with voting and close the loopholes in a system set up for voting in person in all states.  Even if it means purchasing Heppa filters for every ballot location so people are safe voting in person since that is the new answer.   Our country is better than this.  If state leaders expect schools to change how they teach in months, we can change it in years.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Grifter?

Grifter.

Was that word in your (not you jdub, the plural greater ‘your’ reading this) common vocabulary until recently? 

A couple years back it was ‘gravitas’ as the word to use to sound “in the know.”

We are all subconsciously being programmed by media of all ilks. Because they pick a word and echo chambers it upon us all.

In doing so they set their narrative.

Today’s words of the day?

• Baseless
  • Widespread

Listen for them.
You’ll hear them in nearly every major media outlet.
Someone is setting a narrative (aka programming your brain for you). 

• Like 2

On 9/4/2020 at 9:24 AM, Benny Baker said:

I chuckle my way through all these posts about polling data, the merits of mail-in voting, the silent trump electorate, Biden-supporting Republicans; yet, no one realizes that this election will be decided by no less than 5 people in black robes.

On 9/4/2020 at 9:24 AM, Benny Baker said:

I chuckle my way through all these posts about polling data, the merits of mail-in voting, the silent trump electorate, Biden-supporting Republicans; yet, no one realizes that this election will be decided by no less than 5 people in black robes.

5-4 or 6-3? 

If I set the over-and-under at 5.5 vs 3.5 what would you take? 

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

• Baseless
  • Widespread

Listen for them.

spot on....if cnn and msnbc and all the raps of newspaper tell the masses the same thing over and over again ...they eventually believe it.....(russia russia russia.....)

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

• Baseless
  • Widespread

Listen for them.

For sure.  When the Daily Show was entertaining, Jon Stewart would often juxtapose dozens of short clips of media talking heads uttering the exact same, although unique, phrases.  (Wish I had a clip).  Those unique phrases would then become part of our daily lexicon.

As you say, its as if someone in the shadows is literally setting a narrative.  Kind of scary that hardly anyone realizes it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

5-4 or 6-3? 

If I set the over-and-under at 5.5 vs 3.5 what would you take? 

Sticking with the spirit of polar divisions in our country, I have to say it'll be 5-4 sometime in December (God, I hope by December), I am just not sure which candidate gets the 5 and which gets the 4.

My bigger concern is how the losing candidate's fan base reacts to the decision.

Just now, Benny Baker said:

Sticking with the spirit of polar divisions in our country, I have to say it'll be 5-4 sometime in December (God, I hope by December), I am just not sure which candidate gets the 5 and which gets the 4.

My bigger concern is how the losing candidate's fan base reacts to the decision.

you know exactly what will happen from one side.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

For sure.  When the Daily Show was entertaining, Jon Stewart would often juxtapose dozens of short clips of media talking heads uttering the exact same, although unique, phrases.  (Wish I had a clip).  Those unique phrases would then become part of our daily lexicon.

As you say, its as if someone in the shadows is literally setting a narrative.  Kind of scary that hardly anyone realizes it.

• Like 1

@dynato — A singular corporate vision/mission statement from all branches and divisions of a single media outlet (Sinclair) is ... well ... expected. You walk into an Ace Hardware and you seem the same red vests, signage, and product lines in every one wherever, don’t you? 

Now when all the various outlets, not under a single ownership umbrella, sound alike (gravitas, grifter) please explain that. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

alex jones was right again

trump looks to win with legal ballots and then deep state will try to flip it with bogus mail in ballots

media will annoint biden president within the week of the election (tonight maybe)

trump will go to the courts to overturn the bogus ballots

supreme court on straight left/right vote will throw out thousands of ballots and trump will get his 270

aaaaand the city's will burn and it'll be all trumps fault 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

@dynato — A singular corporate vision/mission statement from all branches and divisions of a single media outlet (Sinclair) is ... well ... expected. You walk into an Ace Hardware and you seem the same red vests, signage, and product lines in every one wherever, don’t you? 

Now when all the various outlets, not under a single ownership umbrella, sound alike (gravitas, grifter) please explain that. 

I know media outlets and commercial television shows have always used focus groups to gauge how to best present their content to gain the largest audience. My guess would be a focus group likely found the word gravitas to be associated with a higher form of prestige and deemed those who used the word as much more trustworthy compared to other words. That or the illuminati stepped in. 

23 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

It is almost as if the Democratic Party is using some kind of "operation mockingbird" for the propaganda arm of their organization.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, dynato said:

I know media outlets and commercial television shows have always used focus groups to gauge how to best present their content to gain the largest audience. My guess would be a focus group likely found the word gravitas to be associated with a higher form of prestige and deemed those who used the word as much more trustworthy compared to other words. That or the illuminati stepped in. 

But the same word ends up on ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, et al? 

Hint: The NYT more than likely first used the word and the rest glommed on — orchestras follow conductors. 

2 hours ago, homer said:

I don’t agree with his narrative but to say this entire election is like anything we have ever seen is not an accurate comparison.  This election was more open to scrutiny based on how it was run than past elections.  You will likely be able to take those irregularities and multiply them times 100.  

What needs to happen is states prepare for the pandemic of 2024.   How they will handle that with voting and close the loopholes in a system set up for voting in person in all states.  Even if it means purchasing Heppa filters for every ballot location so people are safe voting in person since that is the new answer.   Our country is better than this.  If state leaders expect schools to change how they teach in months, we can change it in years.  

I never said this was a normal election.  But let’s not blow potential irregularities out of proportion. 
Yes, irregularities will be up but I’m glad the vote count is dragging out.  It's proving that time, effort and due diligence is being put into assuring every vote is counted and validated.  
Mail in voting has been hovering around 25% for years.  40% if combined with early voting.  The GOP never had a problem with it; they even promoted it for states with a large elderly population.  It wasn’t until methods of voting were politicized did Republicans parade the talking point that mass absentee voting is prone to fraud.      

Trump needs to stop being Trump now.  Instead of crying ‘poor me’ and undermining the integrity of our voting process, he needs to start forecasting what his legal grievances actually are.  Looks like McConnell and Grahame just said as such too.  

4 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

... perhaps he should start forecasting what his legal grievances actually are.  Looks like McConnell and Grahame just said as such too.  

Esquire, if I may, do you telegraph, or as you say, forecast, the nature and proof of you suit (claim, allegations, evidence) before you make your filings? 

At most, I’d expect, you’d announce that you’ll be brining suit.