SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

4 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

That's right. The optics are good enough to convince people to vote for the candidate that treats Covid-19 seriously.  And avoid the circus of Trump.

That's the revelation (epiphany?) I had last night:

One side is selling is "Dark Winter" Covid fear. 

The other side wants to open up and get the economy rolling again. 

Traditionally, people vote their wallet; but, is fear more powerful is the question that I guess will be answered. 

CBS News
Donald Trump Jr. claimed that COVID-19 deaths have dropped to "almost nothing" Thursday, a day that saw a record-breaking number of new cases in which almost 1,000 Americans died of the virus.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-jr-says-covid-deaths-are-almost-nothing-on-day-when-1-000-died/ar-BB1axEvI?ocid=msedgntp

2 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Mods:

Interesting that my site was shut down and this 1 keeps on going.

That was me in my Moderator role. Here's why:

We made an active decision for a singular exception to the "no politics" rule on this site. In keeping to that decision, your thread was closed. 

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

We made an active decision for a singular exception to the "no politics" rule on this site. In keeping to that decision, your thread was closed. 

Let me put it another way. There is only need for one thread of dipshittery, on this site.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

So did Clinton.

Biden will carry Minnesota.

Clinton won Minnesota by 44,000 votes in 2016. 
Strangely enough, that's the number Trump won Pennsylvania by in 2016. 

A few disgruntled "seven county" folks after this summer and flip a few Iron Rangers and it's right there. 

4 minutes ago, homer said:

I hate to say that guy is right, but he gave the same observational warnings in 2016. 

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

A few disgruntled "seven county" folks after this summer and flip a few Iron Rangers and it's right there. 

Depends on if the "rocks and cows" carry the day vs the BML idiots and purple haired transgender baristas

13 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Reading your posts not surprized, however Biden will win big time.  Neither of our posts will change that.

• UNDBIZ unlocked this topic
9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

She was ahead in all polls and took Wisco, Mich and Penn and ignored them.

5 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Reading your posts not surprized, however Biden will win big time.  Neither of our posts will change that.

Believe what you want. 

We decided to allow one (singular) political thread for containment.

You're free to keep posting politics in here, but here only.

25 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

So did Clinton.

Biden will carry Minnesota.

I believe the concept is if Democrats are spending time in Minnesota that could reasonably point to concerns within the party. 

FWIW, I read Trump's campaign pulled money OUT of Florida and was putting it into MN. Maybe they have a shot lol

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Believe what you want. 

We decided to allow one (singular) political thread for containment.

You're free to keep posting politics in here, but here only.

Maybe you show DECIDE to ban Mods from making political posts.  Might add some credibility to your 'decided"

2 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I believe the concept is if Democrats are spending time in Minnesota that could reasonably point to concerns within the party. 

FWIW, I read Trump's campaign pulled money OUT of Florida and was putting it into MN. Maybe they have a shot lol

Maybe RD has raised the white flag in Florida?

Just now, Old Fella said:

Maybe you show DECIDE to ban Mods from making political posts.  Might add some credibility to your 'decided"

Politics aren't allowed outside this thread.  I'm not sure what you're not understanding about that.

• Upvote 2

Glenn Greenwald is quite liberal (politically left) but is also an old school journalist who believes in objective reporting.

He left an organization he founded (with two others of the same political philosophy) yesterday, and here's why:

Today I sent my intention to resign from The Intercept, the news outlet I co-founded in 2013 with Jeremy Scahill and Laura Poitras, ...

The final, precipitating cause is that The Intercept’s editors, in violation of my contractual right of editorial freedom, censored an article I wrote this week, refusing to publish it unless I remove all sections critical of Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, the candidate vehemently supported by all New-York-based Intercept editors involved in this effort at suppression.

The censored article, based on recently revealed emails and witness testimony, raised critical questions about Biden’s conduct. 

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/my-resignation-from-the-intercept