SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

4 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Dems will probably expand their House majority. 

Biden will win.  

I think it will be 52 Democratic (2 caucus with the Dems) senators to 48 Republicans. 

The top two I'm sure will happen.  The third, I just think will happen. 

Sat Sun Mon left before the 3rd.
Could still have a cannon ball shot, if not, then will there be enough political / congressional / election lawyers in the country if this is close?

45 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Like you location description below you avatar.
"At the store there was a big X by the register for me to stand on... I have seen too many Road Runner cartoons to fall for that one"
I'll Czech your rep!

Thx. :D

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

A senate flipping is a big part of this whole T losing equation. McConnell can't be Senate Majority leader. House needs to stay in tack.

you should want McConnell as the senate leader. Dude is the best thing to happen to the Senate in generations.

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

You mean Moscow Mitch?

h7QvW4G.png

Lol something tells me those bills include other goodies and/or Mitch has his reasons. Dude is a political animal and I can't think of a more effective leader in Congress.

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

You taken classes is Russian?

Lol no, why would I take a third-world language? I'm from the United States, English is just fine thanks. 

7 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Lol something tells me those bills include other goodies

2 rules they should have...

Legislation should have a single purpose (no additional pork attached)

Everyone should be required to pass a test on their knowledge of the Constitution before they can introduce, co-sponsor or vote on any bills

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

University of Wisconsin at Madison school government votes to tear down the Abraham Lincoln statue.....

About. Damn. Time.  Imagine if him and the confederacy won that war. 

In 1860 Lincoln was campaigning in Jefferson County Wisconsin.  Just east of Madison.  A handed down in our family is Abe hand lunch at my Great x2 grandfather's home.  One of his daughter's help prepare lunch.  The daughter sat on Abe's lap after lunch.  No kodak moment.  University of Madison is a cess pool of extreme liberalism.  I spent time doing genealogy at the UofW some many Luney tunes.

• Like 2

Hey dumpster fire participants.  The Miller news sucked me back in, but don’t worry, I’ll step back out and let Hayduke meme his way through the thread.

On COVID-19, no surprise at all that ND is struggling.  I hope we’ve collectively put to bed the idea that it is no worse than the flu.  At the year mark, we will be approaching 400k dead, which is over 10x the normal flu season.  And we aren’t even in sniffing distance of herd immunity.  I’m glad that a vaccine wasn’t rushed for election purposes but I do hope one is found to be safe and useful soon.  The good part is that the measures taken this far (lockdowns, restrictions, masks) have allowed the medical community to come up with better treatment plans, and along with the shift to younger patients, the death rate is down.  Not enough, but better.  The resistance to mask wearing in some areas is still disappointing, and from a political perspective, has completely backfired (see: WI).

Which takes us to the election.  The challenger is very, very likely to win.  In 2016, there were more undecideds due to the unfavorable personal ratings of both candidates and those voters broke, en masse, to the current President.  There are comparatively few undecided voters this year.  There are of course uncertainties due to the mail in vote, and election night is bound to be an unsatisfying event, but the consistency of the polling has been amazing.  Of course, the only pause given to that is from certain outfits like Trafalgar/Rasmussen/Susquehanna who continue to show better results for the incumbent.  Trafalgar is a particularly interesting case where they intentionally adjust their polls to account for a “shy” Trump voter.  They point to results in 2016 as a reason, but most research disputes their conclusion, and in fact firms like Rasmussen performed poorly in 2018.  Florida will be key to an early election night.  They will have almost all of their votes counted.  Without a win in FL, there is no realistic path to re-election for the President.  If he does get FL, it is going to be a messy wait until AZ/GA and especially PA count their votes.

Happy and safe Halloween to all.  I will be doing a neighborhood parade with my daughter tonight and many people will be setting out candy bags.  We’ve decorated several dozen as a fun way to change it up this year.

7 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Everyone should be required to pass a test on their knowledge of the Constitution before they can introduce, co-sponsor or vote on any bills

RBG and Scalia both had deep, deep understanding of the Constitution and came up with different interpretations of cases all the time.  

8 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Or sign it into law?

3 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

Happy and safe Halloween to all.  I will be doing a neighborhood parade with my daughter tonight and many people will be setting out candy bags.  We’ve decorated several dozen as a fun way to change it up this year.

Have a fun and safe Halloween!

Dear Leader lies about doctors profiting on Covid-19 cases while the number of cases per day rises to nearly 100,000. 

Not exactly a winning campaign message.  He's toast.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/31/politics/donald-trump-doctors-midwest-2020-election/index.html

Trump's appalling attack on doctors came on a day when the US marked a new global record for daily coronavirus cases and 17 states were seeing record hospitalizations. Instead of addressing those challenges, the President tried to explain the mounting US case count by making the false claim in Michigan that US doctors are inflating coronavirus case numbers because they "get more money if someone dies from Covid."

27 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

Hey dumpster fire participants.  The Miller news sucked me back in, but don’t worry, I’ll step back out and let Hayduke meme his way through the thread.

On COVID-19, no surprise at all that ND is struggling.  I hope we’ve collectively put to bed the idea that it is no worse than the flu.  At the year mark, we will be approaching 400k dead, which is over 10x the normal flu season.  And we aren’t even in sniffing distance of herd immunity.  I’m glad that a vaccine wasn’t rushed for election purposes but I do hope one is found to be safe and useful soon.  The good part is that the measures taken this far (lockdowns, restrictions, masks) have allowed the medical community to come up with better treatment plans, and along with the shift to younger patients, the death rate is down.  Not enough, but better.  The resistance to mask wearing in some areas is still disappointing, and from a political perspective, has completely backfired (see: WI).

Which takes us to the election.  The challenger is very, very likely to win.  In 2016, there were more undecideds due to the unfavorable personal ratings of both candidates and those voters broke, en masse, to the current President.  There are comparatively few undecided voters this year.  There are of course uncertainties due to the mail in vote, and election night is bound to be an unsatisfying event, but the consistency of the polling has been amazing.  Of course, the only pause given to that is from certain outfits like Trafalgar/Rasmussen/Susquehanna who continue to show better results for the incumbent.  Trafalgar is a particularly interesting case where they intentionally adjust their polls to account for a “shy” Trump voter.  They point to results in 2016 as a reason, but most research disputes their conclusion, and in fact firms like Rasmussen performed poorly in 2018.  Florida will be key to an early election night.  They will have almost all of their votes counted.  Without a win in FL, there is no realistic path to re-election for the President.  If he does get FL, it is going to be a messy wait until AZ/GA and especially PA count their votes.

Have fun!  Good thing that if Covid-19 is gonna be surface passed having the same person handing out candy touch the candy and the bag first should be much safer than just dropping a few mini snickers in your kids bag.  

28 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

RBG and Scalia both had deep, deep understanding of the Constitution and came up with different interpretations of cases all the time.  

I have no doubt the SCOTUS members know the Constitution and have different interpretations, it’s the people in Congress who have no clue what the Constitution says and means that are the problem.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Have fun!  Good thing that if Covid-19 is gonna be surface passed having the same person handing out candy touch the candy and the bag first should be much safer than just dropping a few mini snickers in your kids bag.  

I haven’t been worried about surface transmission for a long time.  But I can see how others might be sensitive to it.  Prolonged indoor, mask-free exposure is by far the most efficient pathway.

Thankfully, my area (VA burbs of DC) is doing well with COVID now.  

1 minute ago, wxman91 said:

I haven’t been worried about surface transmission for a long time.  But I can see how others might be sensitive to it.  Prolonged indoor, mask-free exposure is by far the most efficient pathway.

Thankfully, my area (VA burbs of DC) is doing well with COVID now.  

A lockdown or version of, perhaps?

10 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

For the voter suppression crowd, wouldn't repeatedly putting out polls that oversample Democrats.....and election night declarations long before polls have closed on "who won a state" squarely fall in that category?

Both of your claims here are unsubstantiated.

Where is the evidence that polls are over sampling Ds?  2016?  What about 2012 and 2018 when the polls were wrong the other direction?

No states are called before polls have closed in that state.  I can’t even recall the last time that happened.  They barely leak the exits polls nowadays.

Actual voter suppression is shown by hours-long voting lines, efforts to not count submitted ballots, and strict ID laws.