SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Encouraging, not too worried. Feel good.

I'll admit that I do need that WiFi for my mental life support though.

I find WiFi is bad for my mental health. Too much virtual, not enough real human interaction. Oh. Wait. Covid. :unsure:

2 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

With me it's the eyes.

I have computer glasses with special lens to reduce the eye strain. 

It's amazing what even ten minutes tinkering in the garage does to clear the mind. 

Beyond CoVid #'s, voting numbers are high in some states too.

Bloomberg) -- In a sign of the passions sparked by the U.S. presidential race, Texas has surpassed its total 2016 vote count four days before Election Day.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/texas-beats-total-2016-vote-count-four-days-before-election-day/ar-BB1axLnh?ocid=msedgdhp

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Beyond CoVid #'s, voting numbers are high in some states too.

Bloomberg) -- In a sign of the passions sparked by the U.S. presidential race, Texas has surpassed its total 2016 vote count four days before Election Day.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/texas-beats-total-2016-vote-count-four-days-before-election-day/ar-BB1axLnh?ocid=msedgdhp

Not sure if Biden will take Texas or if that US Senate seat will flip, but that's gotta make the GOP nervous.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

So just a question to those Biden supporters.  How are you going to feel if he is elected and then shuts the country down for the better part of next year and the term unemployment goes through the roof hits a whole new meaning. 

They will blame Trump.  It’s like Obama taking credit for the economy just prior to Covid.  

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

So just a question to those Biden supporters.  How are you going to feel if he is elected and then shuts the country down for the better part of next year and the term unemployment goes through the roof hits a whole new meaning. 

And more small businesses shutting down, more elderly dying of loneliness, more children falling more behind in schooling and so on and so on 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

Gov. Tom Wolf (D) deployed the Pennsylvania National Guard to Philadelphia to assist city police and protect property after protests over the police killing of Walter Wallace Jr. turned violent on Monday night.

https://www.thedp.com/article/2020/10/philadelphia-national-guard-deployed-police-shooting

I just noticed this.

Compare:

... after protests over the police killing of Walter Wallace Jr. turned violent on Monday night.

versus

... after protests over the police killing of a black man turned violent on Monday night.

versus

... after protests over the police killing of a knife wielding suspect charging at them turned violent on Monday night.

All three are accurate. Giving a name (anyone here ever met Mr. Wallace?) evokes a different emotional response than the other two. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

My 93 year old Grandma who hasn't been within 6 feet of anyone the last 7 months in a Minot nursing home has Covid......

Expected to make a full recovery.  She's Norwegian....how could she not?:lol:

Uff dah.  God Bless.  Prayers for her.

Ah Paris, so beautiful ...

- Draconian measures will see people needing documents to show their reasonable excuse for leaving home
- Europe has seen rising infections, with France recording 47,637 new infections in 24 hours and 235 deaths

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8895437/Coronavirus-France-Gridlock-thousands-try-flee-Paris-ahead-new-month-long-lockdown.html