SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

11 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

To say even a majority of the $125k is invested in ventilators is misleading at best. 

Ok not only ventilators. A number of medical supply companies whose products will be in high demand under the medical emergency we are under. And a number of companies that will likely be saved by the federal government to maintain and increase production.

6 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Ok not only ventilators. A number of medical supply companies whose products will be in high demand under the medical emergency we are under. And a number of companies that will likely be saved by the federal government to maintain and increase production.

Better buy the fund then! You can get an even better deal than he did :xmas:

32 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

As of today 0.0001% of this country's population has died or is currently classified as critical in the infectious process.

Hey, if we drive every American in 2020 back to a 1400’s lifestyle all to save one person, it will have been worth it, right?

I hope Biden is already working on a plan to combat the number of deaths the day after his inauguration due to cold temps in the northern states.  You know, after we shut down oil on “day one.”

2 minutes ago, Ranger said:

AG Barr has directed US Attorneys to prioritize C19-related fraud. Report suspected fraud schemes to the National Center for Disaster Fraud hotline. Details in link.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-mn/pr/us-attorney-erica-macdonald-urges-public-report-suspected-covid-19-fraud

If this is regarding hoeven I’m not saying he committed fraud. Rather his active investment strategy being a different message than that he poses politically...lacks integrity.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, keikla said:

Well that's public health in a nutshell, right?  If your preventative measures work, it will seem like a massive overreaction.  And if you don't do enough beforehand, it will be complete chaos. 

It's impossible to look at the numbers and know if it's because covid isnt that bad or if we helped ourselves.

That’s the beauty of this.

”TRILLIONS OF PEOPLE WILL DIE!  WE’LL BE BURNING BODIES IN THE STREETS!”

(8 weeks or 8 months later when that doesn’t happen...)

”SEE?  We shut down the country and obliterated life as we know it...but it WORKED!  We had far fewer deaths than I originally projected!”

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

If this is regarding hoeven I’m not saying he committed fraud. Rather his active investment strategy being a different message than that he poses politically...lacks integrity.

Example of frauds are listed in the linked press release from the USAO-MN. They did not specifically identify corporate frauds, but that too is a part of it. Each USAO and FBI field office has prosecutors and investigators that work these violations. No doubt the Senator and others will have an opportunity to explain their positions.

1 minute ago, Ranger said:

Example of frauds are listed in the linked press release from the USAO-MN. They did not specifically identify corporate frauds, but that too is a part of it. Each USAO and FBI field office has prosecutors and investigators that work these violations. No doubt the Senator and others will have an opportunity to explain their positions.

This is what you're worried about right now?  Millions upon millions of people are going to be dead in 9 months, remember?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

75% of those who died from the flu this season were.........65 years of age or older.

2nd death in Wisconsin due to “coronavirus” was a 90+ year old man (as I reported here yesterday)...

Had he died before the end of January, the response would have been, “Well, that was a heck of a life.”

Fast-forward to March and the response is, “Tragic.  This didn’t have to happen.”

15 minutes ago, keikla said:

You're not wrong; it goes both ways.

It does.  Under the first five-year plan in the USSR, between 3 and almost 8 million people perished in the great famine as a result of Stalin’s policies (1932-1933).  

Stalin’s thoughts?  The plan was a success.  Imagine how many deaths would have occurred WITHOUT my plan.

6 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

2nd death in Wisconsin due to “coronavirus” was a 90+ year old man (as I reported here yesterday)...

Had he died before the end of January, the response would have been, “Well, that was a heck of a life.”

Fast-forward to March and the response is, “Tragic.  This didn’t have to happen.”

Indeed- he had his whole life in front of him until the Coronavirus... 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

Were not stopping the deaths, just slowing them down.

Are we at the point where the deaths from the economic fallout will exceed what would have been deaths from overcapacity of hospitals?

Over leveraged broker dealers jumping from Manhattan skyscrapers?

2 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Indeed- he had his whole life in front of him until the Coronavirus... 

And again, for those who think Oxbow6, yzerman19, Cratter, and I are heartless pricks...nobody is belittling this man’s death as he no doubt has family mourning him.  But to label it a “coronavirus” death and a “tragedy” is nothing short of outrageous.

My last-living grandmother passed away a few years ago at the age of 98.  Five years of living in a bed in a nursing home, unable to recognize my grandfather, her husband of 50+ years, in pictures.  God rest her soul, but thank you, Lord for not letting her last another day.  I cringe at the thought of her being used as a “statistic” had she lived to March of 2020 and been declared a “victim of coronavirus.”

4 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Over leveraged broker dealers jumping from Manhattan skyscrapers?

Gambling. Drug. Alcohol addiction. Depression from money struggles.

Feeling hopeless.

Most gun deaths in this country are self inflicted.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

As of today 0.0001% of this country's population has died or is currently classified as critical in the infectious process.

At the same time our infection rate is now climbing faster than italy’s ever has. I urge many of you to see how this has played out in other countries, comparing measures taken, and consider what this could mean to US lives over the next several months.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic