SiouxSports.com Forum
jk

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

7 hours ago, UNDfaninMICH said:

The real flu, influenza can absolutely make a healthy person feel like total garbage for four days. A week or more is not uncommon. 

The stomach “flu”? Four days would indeed be long for that. We need to stop calling that illness “flu” because of the people who say, “Nah, I don’t need a flu shot. If I get flu I’ll only be sick for a day or two anyway.”

Amen to finding a new term for stomach "flu".  The real flu went through my dept this winter and most were out for 1-2 weeks.

Update on covid patients: seeing multiple patients in their 40s with no comorbidities now crashing and vented...

Early anecdotal reports from colleagues in the area say roughly 20% of ICU covid patients are young without known comorbidities. 

55 minutes ago, keikla said:

Amen to finding a new term for stomach "flu".  The real flu went through my dept this winter and most were out for 1-2 weeks.

Update on covid patients: seeing multiple patients in their 40s with no comorbidities now crashing and vented...

Early anecdotal reports from colleagues in the area say roughly 20% of ICU covid patients are young without known comorbidities. 

Are you hitting them with Chloroquine and Zpack?  

29 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Are you hitting them with Chloroquine and Zpack?  

We're looking into that.  The study Elon Musk tweeted had 6 people in the treatment arm...

11 hours ago, Cratter said:

Employee at Amazon warehouse tests positive for Coronavirus and it reopens 24 hours later.

Let me get this straight. So nonessential businesses can't be open in some states.

But when an employee actually has Coronavirus its completely fine to have that business open?

https://www.vox.com/recode/2020/3/19/21186322/amazon-warehouse-coronavirus-covid-19-worker-tested-positive-delivery-station-queens-new-york

I can't take a dump at a North Dakota rest area but I can go rub elbows right now in NYC with people who were just rubbing elbows with a highly contagious individual. That make a lot of sense.

At what point is this all just grandstanding. 

Maybe with some modifications the rest areas could allow for drive-thru dumping.  Since apparently there’s no problem with one person in a confined space handing food and money to hundreds of people per day. 

11 minutes ago, keikla said:

We're looking into that.  The study Elon Musk tweeted had 6 people in the treatment arm...

FDA and Dr. Hahn need to get out of the way on this one. Both Plaq and Z-Pak aren't "new" meds.

Look for Walz to go Newsom within 24 hours........

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I think we will see a nationwide quarantine fairly soon.  

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

FDA and Dr. Hahn need to get out of the way on this one. Both Plaq and Z-Pak aren't "new" meds.

And both are abundant.  The potential prophylactic use of Plaq has me thinking they should hand it out like candy at a parade right now. Bonus- no malaria either 

2 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

And both are abundant.  The potential prophylactic use of Plaq has me thinking they should hand it out like candy at a parade right now. Bonus- no malaria either 

Were* abundant.

• Upvote 2

Since our surgeries and outpatient clinics are mostly shut down, we have anesthesiologists and PCPs doing education online and with the intensivists to refresh their critical care knowledge.  They may not be needed to fill in, but better safe than sorry.

34 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I'll see your 24 hours and raise you 16 hours...

35 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I'll see your 24 hours and raise you 16 hours...

I’m gonna go with a 2:00 pm presser today.

Goldman Sachs and Bank of America estimating next Thursday's jobless report to skyrocket from 280K yesterday to 2.25-3M.

14500 confirmed virus cases. NY state has 40% of total. NYC 30% of total.

6 minutes ago, keikla said:

The evil drug companies coming up big right now.  First Bayer, now Teva.  Actually Teva is probably better cause they're giving it directly to hospitals rather than the government.

https://www.tevausa.com/news-and-media/press-releases/teva-to-donate-potential-covid-19-treatment-hydroxychloroquine-sulfate-tablets-to-hospitals-nationwide-/

Good news

11 minutes ago, keikla said:

The evil drug companies coming up big right now.  First Bayer, now Teva.  Actually Teva is probably better cause they're giving it directly to hospitals rather than the government.

https://www.tevausa.com/news-and-media/press-releases/teva-to-donate-potential-covid-19-treatment-hydroxychloroquine-sulfate-tablets-to-hospitals-nationwide-/

Public relations race.   

Also, with the collapse in global travel they probably have loads sitting around.  Maybe even some nearing expiration.  :)

10 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Public relations race.   

Also, with the collapse in global travel they probably have loads sitting around.  Maybe even some nearing expiration.  :)

Absolutely, but I'll take what I can get.  How do we get the companies of the other backordered meds to enter the race?!

1 minute ago, keikla said:

Absolutely, but I'll take what I can get.  How do we get the companies of the other backordered meds to enter the race?!

Start an online petition.  Use social media.   

5 minutes ago, keikla said:

I’m not hearing any shortages with the major chain and specialty pharmacies.  

31 minutes ago, keikla said:

What a concept!  Has someone alerted CNN and Sean Penn to this latest development?

• Upvote 1

Thank god for big pharma, Walmart, Amazon, the telecoms,  private sector medical providers and the like... They will lead us out of this, not the government.  They are all stepping up in a huge way.

How much flatter can we make the curve?

Hire some docs and nurses. Build some temp hospitals. Stockpile ppe.

And then let's turn this baby loose.

And by loose I mean . ..

Make indoor dining legal again!

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

I’m not hearing any shortages with the major chain and specialty pharmacies.  

Are they using cardinal or mckesson?  Cardinal is allocating everything (all narcs, MDIs, any possible 'treatment' for covid) based on previous monthly usage of those meds.

I have several friends in the retail space, and they said they're dispensing hundreds of tabs for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine per day.  Ideally, those meds should be reserved for critical patients.