SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

4 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

At the same time our infection rate is now climbing faster than italy’s ever has. I urge many of you to see how this has played out in other countries, comparing measures taken, and consider what this could mean to US lives over the next several months.

Do you believe tests finally being administered has anything to do with the increase in confirmed infections? 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

At the same time our infection rate is now climbing faster than italy’s ever has. I urge many of you to see how this has played out in other countries, comparing measures taken, and consider what this could mean to US lives over the next several months.

Is it climbing faster, or are more test results coming in?   

Hopefully the precautions being taken are working.  

Thankfully our demographics and smoking habits are different than italy’s. Plus all their kissing doesn’t help them. 

11 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Do you believe tests finally being administered has anything to do with the increase in confirmed infections? 

Of course i do. So Italy could have been more prepared than us in testing? And were their people taking it as seriously as us? 

11 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Of course i do. So Italy could have been more prepared than us in testing? And were their people taking it as seriously as us? 

As I've been hearing daily from the main stream media, no one could have taken it less seriously than us.     So Italy must have been more prepared with testing.  Yet they're all dropping like flies and we aren't.  Weird disease.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

As I've been hearing daily from the main stream media, no one could have taken it less seriously than us.     So Italy must have been more prepared with testing.  Yet they're all dropping like flies and we aren't.  Weird disease.  

It could easily be argued Italy had a better defense than us against this, they are just weeks ahead of us in dealing with it.

On 3/14/2020 at 2:11 PM, Cratter said:

He says we're two weeks behind Italy.

That puts us equivalent to about 7,000-8,000 Americans dead in two weeks from the coronavirus.

Update!

It's been a week since this.

Where are we sitting?

8 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Update!

It's been a week since this.

Where are we sitting?

Still 1470 to go before we match child abuse and neglect deaths from last year.

38 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

You know this is being handled poorly when the vp is due to be tested because of exposure and standing directly next to the president and no ppe in use.

If a Democrat was the President you wouldn't have said anything like this.  Agreed?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

If a Democrat was the President you wouldn't have said anything like this.  Agreed?

Disagreed. They have a very smart doctor right there and basic droplet precautions are being ignored. 

If you knew of someone with a pending test would you want to be in contact with them?  

Can any medical professionals chime in on hospital system policies for droplet precautions?

This is our president!

12 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Can any medical professionals chime in on hospital system policies for droplet precautions?

For starters we are all required to wear these.........

3b9rqi.jpg

• Upvote 1

The economic ramifications of this will be enormous as economic activity is projected to drop 25% in the 2nd quarter and the bounce back in the 3rd won't be nearly as large.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/analysts-slash-gdp-estimates-as-coronavirus-ripples-through-economy-11584735139

Have a brother with a renter in Colorado and he lost both his jobs the same day 

• Upvote 2