SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

2 hours ago, TheFlop said:

From the sound of it Oxbow has made educated decisions based on the information available and determined what is reasonable and isn't reasonable and chosen to live his life....so bad example there.  He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming he does what he can to sanitize and wear the proper equipment at his job, but even so there is no way to eliminate the chance that he could pass something on to a patient.  

The fallacy of your testing argument is....I could be tested today at noon, catch Covid from the UPS driver handing me a package at 1pm....but my test results tomorrow would still come back negative.  Too many people think that a negative test result somehow lasts until your next test, which it doesn't.  

Which leads to how often do asymptomatic individuals who opted to get tested and are negative need to be retested if they continue to be asymptomatic?  

2 hours ago, Walsh Hall said:

How has he specifically justified the "right-wing thugs"?  His words, not the recaps.

Every clip I've seen from Biden and Trump condemns the violence.  Trump won't specifically condemn the violence acts of the "right-wing thugs" and Biden won't condemn the violent acts of BLM and antifa.

Trump is justifying these right-wing thugs by explicitly a) validating their reasons for taking action, and b) approving said actions by characterizing them as peaceful and defensive in nature........which is of course utter BS considering these ***holes have been proactively fighting with the Antifa ***holes for months now.   I mean the most recent skirmish (where that guy was shot) happened because 'Patriot Prayer' went right up to Antifa downtown looking to provoke and fight.      

Meanwhile: “I want to make it absolutely clear, so I’m going to be very clear about all of this, rioting is not protesting. Looting is not protesting. Setting fires is not protesting. None of this is protesting. It’s lawlessness, plain and simple. And those who do it should be prosecuted.” - Joe Biden  Aug 31  Pittsburgh PA

6 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

So testing is necessary in this case?

Like I said, ... 

6 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

That's the "design the defect out" process; it just happens to be a 'test' in this case. (In the engineering world it's a design review or prototyping.) 

The alternative would be full tracing of where that worker's been since last shift or quarantining the staff inside the elder care facility for weeks on end. Frankly, the quarantining is the only 100% safe option as neither tracing nor testing are fool-proof. 

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

Like I said, ... 

The alternative would be full tracing of where that worker's been since last shift or quarantining the staff inside the elder care facility for weeks on end. Frankly, the quarantining is the only 100% safe option as neither tracing nor testing are fool-proof. 

.....and from my daily experiences  with these  individuals most have had enough of the isolation and loneliness.  These folks realize their situation age and health wise. They aren't "living" and most know. One individual in a nursing home has left her room to date 4 times since mid March. Good times.......

12 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

.....and from my daily experiences  with these  individuals most have had enough of the isolation and loneliness.  These folks realize their situation age and health wise. They aren't "living" and most know. One individual in a nursing home has left her room to date 4 times since mid March. Good times.......

The director of a Fargo-area elder care facility moved into an open space at the start of this --> self-quarantined with the residents. I believe they made it about three weeks before they started going home (real home) at end of shift. 

Even with Bismarck "hot" the facilities there are allowing 30 minute outdoor scheduled visits. They admit the nominal risk is well worth heading off the guaranteed damage continued isolation is doing. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Trump is justifying these right-wing thugs by explicitly a) validating their reasons for taking action, and b) approving said actions by characterizing them as peaceful and defensive in nature........which is of course utter BS considering these ***holes have been proactively fighting with the Antifa ***holes for months now.   I mean the most recent skirmish (where that guy was shot) happened because 'Patriot Prayer' went right up to Antifa downtown looking to provoke and fight.      

Meanwhile: “I want to make it absolutely clear, so I’m going to be very clear about all of this, rioting is not protesting. Looting is not protesting. Setting fires is not protesting. None of this is protesting. It’s lawlessness, plain and simple. And those who do it should be prosecuted.” - Joe Biden  Aug 31  Pittsburgh PA

i am at a loss on this.  you seem to believe that someone standing up to the left antifa crowd is a bad thing.  How?   if the officials are not going to go in and try to fix the problem, it is up to citizens to do it.  and when the right hits back at the left, they are the bad guy.  just crazy stupid thinking.  you can only push good people so far before they take action.  and if the left, antifa a-holes dont tone it down , the fight will be in their face, and they will not like the outcome. 

39 minutes ago, 1972 said:

i am at a loss on this.  you seem to believe that someone standing up to the left antifa crowd is a bad thing.  How?   if the officials are not going to go in and try to fix the problem, it is up to citizens to do it.  and when the right hits back at the left, they are the bad guy.  just crazy stupid thinking.  you can only push good people so far before they take action.  and if the left, antifa a-holes dont tone it down , the fight will be in their face, and they will not like the outcome. 

He criticized both sides, where did you?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 1972 said:

What?  

Unlike the picture Trump is trying to paint, the violence in Portland is localized to a minuscule portion of the city.   99.9% of Portland isn’t being affected by violence, which is why the everyday citizen isn’t doing anything.   

Just like Antifa, these right-wing goons are extremists from the fringe of society.     Heck, I'd be willing to bet a good portion aren't even from Portland.  Basically the situation is radical dirtbags are fighting radical dirtbags.   

But whatever, keep on with the  "Good people of Portland are standing up to Antifa!" shtick.  Jesus Christ.:silly:

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

What?  

Unlike the picture Trump is trying to paint, the violence in Portland is localized to a minuscule portion of the city.   99.9% of Portland isn’t being affected by violence, which is why the everyday citizen isn’t doing anything.   

Just like Antifa, these right-wing goons are extremists from the fringe of society.     Heck, I'd be willing to bet a good portion aren't even from Portland.  Basically the situation is radical dirtbags are fighting radical dirtbags.   

But whatever, keep on with the "good people of Portland are standing up to Antifa!" shtick.  Jesus Christ.:silly:

I truly am curious if you got a law degree from und, or anywhere.  If you did, please go back and get a refund, because you clearly cannot comprehend basic English, or basic law, for that matter.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, 1972 said:

I truly am curious if you got a law degree from und, or anywhere.  If you did, please go back and get a refund, because you clearly cannot comprehend basic English, or basic law, for that matter.

And I truly am curious if you washed those mustard stains off your wife-beater yet.  I mean I can imagine how difficult it is to fit a washing machine in a mobile home.     

I tells ya, ad hominem debates sure are fun!!!  Yesiree!. :silly: 

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

You bring up a good point @Oxbow6 do we live in fear lock the country down shut everything down or do we go on with our lives and do the right things? Protect vulnerable and wear a mask in stores. Some of the other residual problems are going to be worse than the virus itself. For instance IPV is up during the Pandemic. 

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Don’t kid yourself, regardless of the outcome, this election will end with lawsuits. If you think it’s only Trump setting the stage for that, you aren’t paying attention. We won’t know who the president will be before Christmas.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Goon said:

You bring up a good point @Oxbow6 do we live in fear lock the country down shut everything down or do we go on with our lives and do the right things? Protect vulnerable and wear a mask in stores. Some of the other residual problems are going to be worse than the virus itself. For instance IPV is up during the Pandemic. 

Walz and the MDH are calling this weekend a potential "tipping point" in so much that Walz may need to dial back the freedoms and liberties like before. Is that code for lockdown? Deaths...meh. Overwhelming  hospitals.....that was so April. I thought a mask mandate was supposed to be the golden ticket.

Meanwhile Doug caves and moves certain counties in ND up and down on his Skittles colored wheel of risk. He might as well have just gone mask mandate to appease the Jim Shaw type morons even though we see how well it has worked in MN.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Walz and the MDH are calling this weekend a potential "tipping point" in so much that Walz may need to dial back the freedoms and liberties like before. Is that code for lockdown? Deaths...meh. Overwhelming  hospitals.....that was so April. I thought a mask mandate was supposed to be the golden ticket.

Meanwhile Doug caves and moves certain counties in ND up and down on his Skittles colored wheel of risk. He might as well have just gone mask mandate to appease the Jim Shaw type morons even though we see how well it has worked in MN.

These weak feckless Democratic Mayors and Governors think that our rights are up for debate. Can't go to church, but you can riot. Maybe the churches in this country should just refer to their services a mostly peaceful demonstrations. Maybe even have a burning dumpster and vehicle out front. Today, I heard a Biden Commercial calling for a nationwide mask mandate. You'd figure after 48 years in Gov, he'd at least be familiar with the 10th Amendment. He was also talking about shutting down the country again. Think all of this crap is about trying to wrestle control away from the common folks. We have people out walking in the open with Masks on. I understand the stores. I'll gladly wear it in your store. I refuse to ride around in my car or on my bike with a face diaper on. 

Yeah, um, Jim Shaw logic. This clown is suggesting that ND have a statewide mask mandate. 

The trouble is, too many North Dakotans are not taking this virus seriously. Too many of them are not wearing masks or social distancing. It’s part of that North Dakota mindset, where some don’t like to be told what to do, even if it could save someone’s life. Look at all the people who die in the state because they refuse to wear their seatbelts.

Burgum has done an excellent job of recommending wearing masks and social distancing, but a lot of North Dakotans aren’t listening. That’s why the state needs a mask mandate. Currently, 34 states have such mandates, including many red states.

Then we have another marvelous revelation from Froma Harrop . People drank more during the lockdown. You don't say. Again, did we all of a sudden lose our rights and freedoms. I don't recall them being taken away. 

This tightening of standards, The Washington Post notes, "comes during a pandemic when alcohol consumption – already at a 20-year high – is spiking further." That may be, but what does one have to do with the other? We can well believe that some Americans have been drinking a lot more during the lockdowns. If there's a problem, wouldn't it be the "lot more" rather than the two drinks versus one?

Half a million people go to sturgis and a small number of people have tested positive for Covid. They fuss about Sturgis but not the street riots. Why do we need to pay for NPR? This is the garbage we get. They made sure to attack the wonderful governor of South Dakota .

More than two weeks after nearly half a million bikers flocked to South Dakota, the tally of coronavirus infections traced back to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally has surpassed 260, an estimate that is growing steadily as more states report cases and at least one death.

At least 12 states have turned up cases linked to the 10-day event.

The greatest share of cases so far have emerged in the rally's home state, South Dakota, which has registered more than 100 cases so far.

A Minnesota man in his 60s who went to the rally was later hospitalized for COVID-19 and died earlier this week, said Kris Ehresmann, head of infectious disease for the Minnesota Department of Health.

Minnesota has counted more than 45 cases tied to the rally, and that only includes people who got tested and then notified state health departments about their possible exposure at Sturgis.

"It's definitely frustrating because we certainly aren't surprised to see cases," said Ehresmann.

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Don’t kid yourself, regardless of the outcome, this election will end with lawsuits. If you think it’s only Trump setting the stage for that, you aren’t paying attention. We won’t know who the president will be before Christmas.

Don't kid yourself, unless something happens in the next two months to change voter's minds, the spread in the vote will be too large to be overcome by T's  lawsuits.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Goon said:

Half a million people go to sturgis and a small number of people have tested positive for Covid. They fuss about Sturgis but not the street riots. Why do we need to pay for NPR? This is the garbage we get. They made sure to attack the wonderful governor of South Dakota .

Let's hope it stays as a small mumber of people.

8 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Seems like a pretty harmless statement....unless folks don't actually have faith in the voting by mail system they allege is ABSOLUTELY VITAL to our elections.

Like preventing other countries from meddling in our elections.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

An unstable president, like Trump, is a great concern for members of our armed forces.  Knowing that our enemies pay bounties on them and the orange turd does and says nothing has to be killing morale.

On the topic of Trump and the armed forces:    

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’.  

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/09/trump-americans-who-died-at-war-are-losers-and-suckers/615997/

The AP is now validating the Atlantic's sources via James LaPorta, who is about as gung-ho military as one can get.  

https://apnews.com/b823f2c285641a4a09a96a0b195636ed

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

On the topic of Trump and the armed forces:    

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’.  

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/09/trump-americans-who-died-at-war-are-losers-and-suckers/615997/

The AP is now validating the Atlantic's sources via James LaPorta, who is about as gung-ho military as one can get.  

https://apnews.com/b823f2c285641a4a09a96a0b195636ed

Yet another.

Only a cultist would continue to support him.

https://kdvr.com/news/report-trump-disparaged-us-war-dead-as-losers-suckers/

The defense official said Trump made the comments as he begged off visiting the cemetery outside Paris during a meeting following his presidential daily briefing on the morning of Nov. 10, 2018.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic