SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

13 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

20201120_100229.png

Mr.Oxbow,

I was a personal friend of Senator Burdick/visited with him in Washington and here in ND,  Visited with the Senator shortly before he died.  What who said in your post is shameless and an outright lie.

Would have expected better of you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Parania is not a mental illness, it is a mental disorder that is not treatable with a vacine or pills.

Since you spelled it wrong, I am going to assume you meant paranoia.

1 minute ago, Old Fella said:

Mr.Oxbow,

I was a personal friend of Senator Burdick/visited with him in Washington and here in ND,  Visited with the Senator shortly before he died.  What who said in your post is shameless and an outright lie.

Obviously reading comprehension on your part is on par with Biden's command of the English language.

SMH

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I think they will prop Joe up until December 2022 if they can. They will likely lose the house in 2022 elections and if Kamala is already in office it could be a bloodbath. As long as he has competent loyal people around him they can limit his exposure. It isn't like the media will ask any questions that they aren't given to ask.

Hell in North Dakota we had Senator Burdick who was basically a figurehead at best for the last 6-8 years he served. He was frequently seen going the wrong way on the Subway system and his wife had to help him eat at events and dinners.

Give his handlers credit though, undefeated Senate ride in ND as a Democrat.  His old ticker just couldn't take it any more.  Probably should have retired before the 88 election. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Mr.Oxbow,

might want to go back and see who actually said that old timer...oxbow said nothing other than posting a meme

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Two years and a day. 

Per A25 that allows Harris to fill out (less than half of) an unfinished term plus two full terms of her own. 

God Help Us. She's one of the most liberal senators in the senate. 

40 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Mr.Oxbow,

I said it. And I stand by it. 

My father and a couple Contractors were in DC and headed to the Senate office Buildings to meet with Senator Conrad and Senator Burdick. They were heading one direction towards the offices for their scheduled meetings and Burdick was heading the direction away from his office. Wasn't a big deal since everyone knew that David Strauss was our de facto Senator at that time anyway.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Give his handlers credit though, undefeated Senate ride in ND as a Democrat.  His old ticker just couldn't take it any more.  Probably should have retired before the 88 election. 

David Strauss was/is a pretty sharp guy. Wonder why he never ran himself, although he has carved out a nice career for himself.

38 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Remember the Conrad flu statement fiasco after he passed. I remember the running joke was that Conrad, Dorgan, and Pomeroy had 2 flannel shirts that they shared for campaign commercials since they never were all three on the ballot at the same time. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Remember the Conrad flu statement fiasco after he passed. I remember the running joke was that Conrad, Dorgan, and Pomeroy had 2 flannel shirts that they shared for campaign commercials since they never were all three on the ballot at the same time. 

Thats all this thread needed...

Dancing Earl.

20 minutes ago, petey23 said:

David Strauss was/is a pretty sharp guy. Wonder why he never ran himself, although he has carved out a nice career for himself.

A friend on mine was a staffer on the Transportation committee... he occasionally referred to him as Senator Strauss. 

More importantly...

Here we are we have reached the level of greatness I could only dream or joke about for the 893 pages before.

Today we few, have stood on the shoulders of greatness, and rediculous stupidity at yhe same time, and and pushed, neigh willed, this thread to surpassed a page count that equal the one the only....

The great one.

Let us be inspired for further heights as we feast on a visual journey from bender to legend.

52fa8146a4420253aebf50893d354208.gif

gretzky-young.jpg

20201119_214514.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Gretzky-473885318.jpg

gettyimages-G.jpg

81jybTnsVcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

H00112_mmm2001-gretzky_web_1024x1024.jpg

download.jpeg

771994399-850x560.jpeg

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

I agree the Dems play politics as bad as anyone but, again, you don't screw with the transition.  

There's something called the the Presidential Transition Act.  It requires the outgoing administration to provide the president-elect with a classified summary of threats to national security, major military or covert operations, and more as soon as possible.  Agencies also share info on background investigations for candidates for top national security positions.  Another requirement is for the outgoing administration to host interagency emergency preparedness and response exercises. 

That's just national security issues.  There's a whole host of other things for other departments. 

Trump is ****ing this all up.  

Does this act have a stipulation of when a person is president elect, like which news source shouts first or is there something about the process?

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I said it. And I stand by it. 

My father and a couple Contractors were in DC and headed to the Senate office Buildings to meet with Senator Conrad and Senator Burdick. They were heading one direction towards the offices for their scheduled meetings and Burdick was heading the direction away from his office. Wasn't a big deal since everyone knew that David Strauss was our de facto Senator at that time anyway.

I ,of course, have no information to dispute the meeting your father's experieneced. .

However I was in close personal contact with both Strauss and the Senator during the 1992 election.  I visited with him at the Cpital and had lunch with him in the Senate dinning room.

What you said in your oeiginal post is an outright lie.

9 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

I ,of course, have no information to dispute the meeting your father's experieneced. .

However I was in close personal contact with both Strauss and the Senator during the 1992 election.  I visited with him at the Cpital and had lunch with him in the Senate dinning room.

What you said in your oeiginal post is an outright lie.

Fact Checkers say this is Fake News....and you should really use spell check.

• Upvote 3