SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

38 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

What's wrong with that?   Jack***es who step over the line should be disavowed.   All of them, on both sides.  

Unfortunately Trump rarely does this - insofar as calling nazis “very fine people”, and recently that Patriot Prayer scumbag a "very fine gentleman".   Yes, it's racism (from the highest position in the land) on down.  

Right, so move on.  Its all the time by everyone, especially white people.  

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

What's wrong with that?   Jack***es who step over the line should be disavowed.   All of them, on both sides.  

Unfortunately Trump rarely does this - insofar as calling nazis “very fine people”, and recently that Patriot Prayer scumbag a "very fine gentleman".      Yes, it's racism (from the highest position in the land) on down.  

Trump never said Nazis were fine people. That lie was debunked years ago! Quit spreading fake news! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Trump never said Nazis were fine people. That lie was debunked years ago! Quit spreading fake news! 

Yes he did.  Maybe not in those exact words, but thats what he meant.  No matter what the cult says, he did. 

Take your fake news narrative and stuff it.  Most people ain't buying Trumptard lies. 

https://roanoke.com/opinion/editorials/editorial-did-trump-really-say-white-supremacists-were-very-fine-people-we-examine/article_6dd1cda8-b92b-57d5-ad0f-bdae291442e1.html

These weren’t art historians who had come to admire the statuary and express regret that an important piece of art might get removed from public display. These were white supremacists who wanted the all the world to see them marching in force. They couldn’t care less about Robert E. Lee except to use this statue for their despicable cause.

• Upvote 1

As of yesterday ND is performing the 3rd most average daily tests per 100000 of the 50 states in the last 2 weeks. 6% of all those positive cases in ND wound up in hospitalizations. For all you in the "positive tests are bad and we are all going to die" crowd let's go through this again........do more tests get more positives. 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

As of yesterday ND is performing the 3rd most average daily tests per 100000 of the 50 states in the last 2 weeks. 6% of all those positive cases in ND wound up in hospitalizations. For all you in the "positive tests are bad and we are all going to die" crowd let's go through this again........do more tests get more positives. 

My math is bad.....6% of an already small number is pretty small right?

13 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I’m more outraged McFeely only knows how to write puff pieces on Klieman and when it comes to this embarrassing loss it is nothing but silence from the Fargo media. Butt kissers showing their true colors!

Yeah Klieman has a lot of holes to fill, he needs time to get his players recruited.  You should be used to puff pieces with Tommy boy!

11 minutes ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

They were hoping to be the leader in follow the leader. But no, next question is will emperor Walz allow fans at tcf. 

Many groups have sued Gov Walz. A youth hockey association sued to be able to have summer youth sports and won. High schools are protesting the MN State Hifh School League’s decision.  Who would have thought the Packers and Vikings would okay in an empty stadium, ever? Generally, people in MN have had enough!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Many groups have sued Gov Walz. A youth hockey association sued to be able to have summer youth sports and won. High schools are protesting the MN State Hifh School League’s decision.  Who would have thought the Packers and Vikings would okay in an empty stadium, ever? Generally, people in MN have had enough!

Agreed, I think many have gotten to the point where we still need to be cautious and smart, and considerate of others who may take extreme caution, but altogether, people still want to be able to live their lives. Temporary disruption seemed acceptable as we learned what was happening. Obviously we have more to learn, and this isn't going away tomorrow, but we can't put life completely on hold for a year or more either. Certainly hopeful that with time, and hopefully a vaccine of some sort, that life shifts back closer to normal by next summer.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

Probably go down a one of the worst moves by the athletic dept since the move up.  Turn down big money, get 15 practices with contact,  GT said he offered Ark St. financial help with testing.  Oh well stay safe.

Oh and get to play against a P5 team that isn't very good.

I think this is pretty fair. Playing this Fall had huge upside for the program, potential "shot in the arm" type of situation that it really needs. I don't think they would have won, but if they were competitive (on the better than people expected side of the outcome), $, practices, and maybe most importantly of all, for the players / fans the attitude of we want to play (i.e. really want Football to be successful). I'll go one step further, with the K-State game on the schedule you look for other opportunities. While almost every other FCS school is being complacent, there was ground that could have been made. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AJS said:

I think this is pretty fair. Playing this Fall had huge upside for the program, potential "shot in the arm" type of situation that it really needs. I don't think they would have won, but if they were competitive (on the better than people expected side of the outcome), $, practices, and maybe most importantly of all, for the players / fans the attitude of we want to play (i.e. really want Football to be successful). I'll go one step further, with the K-State game on the schedule you look for other opportunities. While almost every other FCS school is being complacent, there was ground that could have been made. 

Agreed, I would have liked to have seen them play. If nothing else, it gets the young kids on the field and gets them some experience. Anyone hear anything about how fall/spring camp is going?

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

And we were told more testing was key in preventing cases. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

Trump claims fires are from bad forest management

...meanwhile most of them are on federal land.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/man-charged-arson-connection-almeda-fire-southern-oregon/story%3fid=72960208

Whoa....this isn't helpful to the everything is Trump's fault kool-aid club.  Antifa and it's supporters playbook is to wait for a protest/riot and then jump in to make it even worse.  Looks like they are doing the same with the fires now. 

40 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/man-charged-arson-connection-almeda-fire-southern-oregon/story%3fid=72960208

Whoa....this isn't helpful to the everything is Trump's fault kool-aid club.  Antifa and it's supporters playbook is to wait for a protest/riot and then jump in to make it even worse.  Looks like they are doing the same with the fires now. 

Did you read the article you linked?  From the end of it:

"FBI Portland and local law enforcement agencies have been receiving reports that extremists are responsible for setting wildfires in Oregon. With our state and local partners, the FBI has investigated several such reports and found them to be untrue,"

51 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

And we were told more testing was key in preventing cases. 

Something like that.........

43 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Sounds like West Fargo HS and Detroit Lakes HS are going virtual because of positive tests. 

When have we ever in the past told individuals who aren't sick to lock themselves in their basement for 2 weeks because they came in contact with someone that was "postive" but isn't sick either and we are afraid the contact individuals "might" become "positive"?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Something like that.........

When have we ever in the past told individuals who aren't  sick to lock themselves in their basement for 2 weeks because they came in contact with someone that was "postive" but isnt sick either??

And for those who say to follow the science, where is the groundbreaking study that came out that indicates we have been handling infectious diseases wrong for the last couple of centuries? If it's all about the science, surely there was new information that came to light that quarantining the healthy population was a better approach than simply quarantining the sick people. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Lol...shot in the arm by playing one game?