SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

2 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

What are you guys talking about?

Trump was sued several times by governmental entities before he was President, including the Justice Dept and City of NY. 

Trump has a long, long trail of shady business practices and lawsuits; most of which he had the luxury of settling out of court due to his wealth.  

Dare I say - #whiteprivilege

11 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

What are you guys talking about?

Trump was sued several times by governmental entities before he was President, including the Justice Dept and City of NY. 

Trump has a long, long trail of shady business practices and lawsuits; most of which he had the luxury of settling out of court due to his wealth.  

Hmmm. I was under the impression they hadn't pursued cases previously for some reason. Why didn't they stick?

6 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

If there is an underground sexual assault/pedophile ring in hollywood that has slowly come to light in the last few years, is it really that big of a stretch to think it could be happening elsewhere?

It's a stretch to believe that a man with a history of predatory accusations who was friends with the guy blackmailing them all is actually organizing to bring them all down.

3 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

It's a stretch to believe that a man with a history of predatory accusations who was friends with the guy blackmailing them all is actually organizing to bring them all down.

This is the trouble when a conspiracy gets packaged all under a headline of a specific name. QAnon in this case. There are likely, from my view, parts of this that are true and part that aren't. So to call it all crazy is going too far, but yeah, I haven't seen anything to indicate Trump is on some sort of crusade to eliminate this underground ring.

7 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Nah, the privilege is more like #daddygavememillions

The most accurate thing you've said in awhile.....because the real privilege in this country is wealth privilege.....you got enough of it then white, black brown doesn't matter.  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

This is the trouble when a conspiracy gets packaged all under a headline of a specific name. QAnon in this case. There are likely, from my view, parts of this that are true and part that aren't. So to call it all crazy is going too far, but yeah, I haven't seen anything to indicate Trump is on some sort of crusade to eliminate this underground ring.

Q is a little bit of truth splashed with quite a bit of into that requires some pretty serious mental gymnastics.

That said, what if I told you guys a few years back that there is a rich pedophile who  owns his own Island were he brings underage boys and girls for him and  his rich friends, politicians, and Hollywood types to party with and sexually abuse. I am sure the response of most, including myself would have been.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

The most accurate thing you've said in awhile.....because the real privilege in this country is wealth privilege.....you got enough of it then white, black brown doesn't matter.  

Well yeah, wealth is power.  

'Fortunate son' Trump is one in a billion though.    The rest of us are required to earn our privilege and financial security.  But this is where race privilege enters the picture because the playing field and opportunity platform to achieve wealth is quite slanted.   

Just now, UNDlaw80 said:

'Fortunate son' Trump is one in a billion though.    The rest of us are required to earn our privilege and financial security.  But this is where race privilege enters the picture because the playing field and platform to achieve achieve wealth is quite slanted.   

Wealth begets wealth, to attribute it to race is insulting to many white people who come from nothing. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

I know I know.....rigged system....not rigged enough to prevent a person of color from getting free schooling solely due to their skin color, or by getting free schooling or even making millions of dollars playing a sport.......or singing.... acting..........or even starting up the right business.....but still rigged.  

#Tupacslifemattters

10 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

'Fortunate son' Trump is one in a billion though.    The rest of us are required to earn our privilege and financial security.  But this is where race privilege enters the picture because the playing field and opportunity platform to achieve wealth is quite slanted.   

Most of us begin to learn the lessons on what it takes to create opportunity for ourselves from our moms and dads.  

Looks like I hit a nerve with the good ole boy contingent.  Yeee Ha!       

Jokes aside, here's a good everyday example of white privilege.  It has nothing to do with the government, or even how hard one works.  It just highlights how ingrained prejudice is and how it skews access to wealth nowadays....... 

2 resumes, with the same credentials, are sent out to numerous employers.   One has the name Eric O'Neill, the other Darnell Jefferson.    Eric O'Neill's resume will garner more callbacks. 

https://www.nber.org/digest/sep03/w9873.html

This is the epitome of white privilege.  

15 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Jokes aside, here's a good everyday example of white privilege.  It has nothing to do with the government, or even how hard one works.  It just highlights how ingrained prejudice is and how it skews access to wealth nowadays....... 

2 resumes, with the same credentials, are sent out to numerous employers.   One has the name Eric O'Neill, the other Darnell Jefferson.    Eric O'Neill's resume will receive more callbacks. 

Fair point.
So then when minorities in positions of power are encouraged to hire other minorities(see the recent kickback the nets players received for choosing a white guy) what should we call that?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

2 resumes, with the same credentials, are sent out to numerous employers.   One has the name Eric O'Neill, the other Darnell Jefferson.    Eric O'Neill's resume will receive more callbacks. 

If you read through it the disparity existed even in diverse neighborhoods.....which would imply even minority managers/owners prefer not to hire minorities all other things considered.....why is that?  (I'll hang up and listen to your response). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

If you read through it the disparity existed even in diverse neighborhoods.....which would imply even minority managers/owners prefer not to hire minorities all other things considered.....why is that?  (I'll hang up and listen to your response). 

This just further proves my point that a stigma is attached to the minority job applicant; across the board.  As the link details, this is typically the result of an employer's perception that race signals lower productivity.        

Again, a fully credentialed black job applicant is fighting an uphill battle compared to his/her white counterpart as it pertains to obtaining wealth.    

24 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Fair point.
So then when minorities in positions of power are encouraged to hire other minorities(see the recent kickback the nets players received for choosing a white guy) what should we call that?

Doing as such is 100% illegal.       But as that link detailed, even black employers are subject to hiring whites over blacks.  

41 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Ummm...thats a character in a movie who cared very little about academics.  Which is why he got less callbacks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Doing as such is 100% illegal.       But as that link detailed, even black employers are subject to hiring whites over blacks.  

Sure it’s technically illegal, but then why are sports personalities openly criticizing Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving for signing off on a white guy?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Hmmm. I was under the impression they hadn't pursued cases previously for some reason. Why didn't they stick?

From a cursory search, the government pursued cases against Trump but they were relatively intermediary infractions; so they didn't bring the hammer down.  Looks like he pleaded guilty in a civil case and agreed to a few non-prosecution agreements.    Interestingly, one was for Civil Rights Act violation for not renting to blacks.:whistling:  

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

This just further proves my point that a stigma is attached to the minority job applicant; across the board.  As the link details, this is typically the result of an employer's perception that race signals lower productivity.        

Again, a fully credentialed black job applicant is fighting an uphill battle compared to his/her white counterpart as it pertains to obtaining wealth.    

Maybe it is time for some soul searching instead of always trying to find someone else to blame when even people from your own community would rather hire an outsider.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Once again, you dodged the question.  Why is it that even minority business owners seem to shy away from hiring other minorities?  After all, aren't white people the only racists in this country?  That's the only racism the media ever reports.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Maybe it is time for some soul searching instead of always trying to find someone else to blame when even people from your own community would rather hire an outsider.  

Now you're moving the goalposts.  

Why white privilege exists is a separate topic from the innate fact that it does exist.   You initially denied the latter, but now you're talking about the former.