SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

4 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Now you're moving the goalposts.  

Why white privilege exists is a separate topic from the innate fact that it does exist.   You initially denied the latter, but now you're talking about the former.     

Lol yeah right nice try.  So your argument is that if person "A" purposely performs at less than their potential...that person "B" who does do what they are supposed to do and is successful has "privilege"?  Are you serious?  It's not privilege it's called earning what you have.  There comes a point that you are what your record says you are.

16 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Lol yeah right nice try.  So your argument is that if person "A" purposely performs at less than their potential...that person "B" who does do what they are supposed to do and is successful has "privilege"?  Are you serious?  It's not privilege it's called earning what you have.

Quit being difficult.   Show me where I said that.       

Everybody should be judged on their own individual merit.  Blacks frequently aren't.  They are judged on the stereotype of the whole.   Hence why Sara McKenzie will receive more call backs than Shaneeka Jones despite having the exact same resume.  

White privilege.      

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheFlop said:

Although something tells me that I could have Bill Gates business qualifications and if I started sending in resumes to various Cedar street businesses in Minneapolis that I might not be getting the deserved call back either. 

Curious, where do you wanna work on cedar?

3 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Quit being difficult.   Show me where I said that.       

Everybody should be judged on their own individual merit.  Blacks frequently aren't.  They are judged on the stereotype of the whole.   Hence why Sara McKenzie will receive more call backs than Shaneeka Jones

White privilege.      

You said it in your own words, possibly without even realizing it.  

Btw you still haven't addressed why business owner/manager Laquanda Jackson would rather hire Sara McKenzie rather than Shaneeka Jones.  

6 hours ago, TheFlop said:

You said it in your own words, possibly without even realizing it.  

Btw you still haven't addressed why business owner/manager Laquanda Jackson would rather hire Sara McKenzie rather than Shaneeka Jones.  

I already answered that in an above post.  

But regardless, it's good to see you acknowledging that white privilege exists, because you're now justifying the reasons for it.      

So let me get this straight.  Because whites are, on average, more educated and the perception exists that we're harder workers, whites therefore are entitled to white privilege?   

Sounds more like you're describing white power.  But whatever.  

31 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Back in topic.....public service announcement to Oxbow......yet another free mass testing event on the UND campus at the high performance center Tuesday.  Test early and test often. 

Yup.........rope a dope.

Line 'em up. Get some positives. Do contact tracing. Then quarantine those individuals for two weeks. 

17 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

But regardless, it's good to see you acknowledging that white privilege exists, because you're now attempting to justify the reasons for it.      

So let me get this straight.  You're now saying that because whites are, on average, more educated and the perception exists that we're harder workers, whites therefore have earned the right to have white privilege?   

Sounds more like you're justifying white power to me.  But whatever.  

No, just wondering why there isn't an acknowledgement that no one race is more racist than another......but the only racism that gets any attention is white on black.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

But regardless, it's good to see you acknowledging that white privilege exists, because you're now justifying the reasons for it.      

So let me get this straight.  That whites are, on average, more educated and the perception exists that we're harder workers, whites therefore have earned the right to have white privilege?   

Sounds more like you're describing white power to me.  But whatever.  

You don't get it...but nice try. Minorities being in positions of authority to even make the decision on which candidate to hire throws your white privilege argument out the door 

I have this mythical privilege but someone without that privilege is in a position to deny me a job?

6 hours ago, TheFlop said:

No, just wondering why there isn't an acknowledgement that no one race is more racist than another......but the only racism that gets any attention is white on black.  

White on black crime receives more attention because of demographics.  Racism negatively affects blacks more than it does whites.  Tyranny of the majority.  I mean, in the larger picture, we're not far removed from Jim Crow.    

But this will likely subside in the next 20+ years when demographics shift.   We're seeing this with the Generation Z kids growing up in a more welcoming multi-cultural environment.  But old habits die hard.  

The future America is what many Trumpsters are fighting against.  The cultural implications of what a future America will look like isn't gonna resemble 'traditional cultural America' in the way many Rep's see it.  

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

You don't get it...but nice try. Minorities being in positions of authority to even make the decision on which candidate to hire throws your white privilege argument out the door 

I have this mythical privilege but someone without that privilege is in a position to deny me a job?

Quit being obtuse.    It just means minorities in a position of power are propagating white privilege in some ways.   

14 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

This thread needs to end. Enough of haydukes nonsense. Makes our fan base look like a bunch of loons. I’m fine going back to no politics.

He schooled you also.  Not my fault you look like a bunch of loons.  Face it though, you try to defend the indefensible.  

I get it. You haven't any sound reason to do so, but you do anyway. 

Then, the insults come and you expect me to passively accept them. 

Surprise, I do not. 

Does that hurt your feelings? 

LMFAO. 

Just for the record, I am a hiring manager and everything Law has said is true.  It is rather easy to get a well functioning diverse workgroup.  Very simple. 

Hire the best people.  

Weed out the bad ones. 

Simple.

44 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Simple demographics.  Racism negatively affects blacks more than it does whites.  Tyranny of the majority.  I mean, in the larger picture, we're not far removed from Jim Crow.    

But this will likely subside in the next 20+ years when demographics shift.   We're seeing this with the Generation Z kids growing up in a more welcoming multi-cultural environment.  But old habits die hard.  

The future America is what many Trumpsters are fighting against.  The cultural implications of what a future America will look like isn't gonna resemble 'traditional cultural America' in the way many Rep's see it.  

Keep thinking that the only people that want "The Trump" America are white people and it will cost another election.  You are naive if you think that whites are the only people that are sick of the leftist riots, are sick of police bashing, governors acting like kings and setting arbitrary restrictions on freedoms with no end goal, want reasonable immigration, etc.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Looks like I hit a nerve with the good ole boy contingent.  Yeee Ha!       

Jokes aside, here's a good everyday example of white privilege.  It has nothing to do with the government, or even how hard one works.  It just highlights how ingrained prejudice is and how it skews access to wealth nowadays....... 

2 resumes, with the same credentials, are sent out to numerous employers.   One has the name Eric O'Neill, the other Darnell Jefferson.    Eric O'Neill's resume will receive more callbacks. 

https://www.nber.org/digest/sep03/w9873.html

This is the epitome of white privilege.  

i love how this is "proof" that american is racist....did this this "study" study how many of these companies are run by white liberals? 

7 hours ago, TheFlop said:

Keep thinking that the only people that want "The Trump" America are white people and it will cost another election.  You are naive if you think that whites are the only people that are sick of the leftist riots, are sick of police bashing, governors acting like kings and setting arbitrary restrictions on freedoms with no end goal, want reasonable immigration, etc.  

When the topic of diversity comes up, the first thing that pops into everyone's head is a Trump rally, right?  .  :silly:        White as a polar bear in a snowstorm.   

Low minority (especially black) turnout was a big reason why Trump won in 2016.  Trump even admitted as such.  

If blacks turn-out like they did for Obama, Trump will have a rough going of it.  Same for Latinos.  The highest % of Latino votes in recent elections were for Obama and B. Clinton.      

7 hours ago, TheFlop said:

Their arguments always lose any credibility once the blatant double standards are pointed out. 

What double standard?   Because a small sub-section of the black community has wealth/influence and works against the interests of the larger population it means white privilege doesn't exist?   Get real.  Going by your rationale, the Jews had no right to complain because the Association of German National Jews supported Hitler, right?   

"But, but, but, double standard!  Wahhhh!!! "       Please use your head before posting.