SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

5 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Last Friday a testing site in Fargo mishandled 349 tests that were not able to be processed. Those individuals  were called to be retested..........at least they were not told they were postive too. 

I am sorry but that’s some serious negligence. 

In Colorado it is considered DWAI.  Interesting reading from a law firm there.  I have no skin in this game, other than being in favor of marijuana reform.  I do know that legalization is supported by both progressives and more conservative libertarians.  

https://www.shouselaw.com/co/dui/laws/dui-of-marijuana/

Under 42-4-1301, C.R.S., it a crime to drive under the influence of, or while you are ability impaired by, drugs and/or alcohol. This includes ALL drugs—even legal ones, such as marijuana.

There is no separate code section for Colorado DUI marijuana or Colorado DWAI marijuana. Regular DUI and DWAI laws apply. The only significant differences between drunk driving and driving on marijuana are:

If this is a Dumpster Fire thread, why no posts about Fires out west?

'I have never seen anything like this': Oregon towns emptied and confusion spreads amid fires

Hundreds of thousands of people in Oregon were ordered to leave their homes on Thursday as wildfires encroached on their properties. The evacuations clogged highways, emptied entire towns and sparked confusion in a state that has not grappled with wildfires of this size before.

image.pnga close up of a car going down the road: Photograph: Nathan Howard/Getty Images

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/i-have-never-seen-anything-like-this-oregon-towns-emptied-and-confusion-spreads-amid-fires/ar-BB18WskB?ocid=msedgdhp&fullscreen=true#image=1

If these fires out west were in Florida, would T be ingoring it?

6 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

'I have never seen anything like this': Oregon towns emptied and confusion spreads amid fires

Hundreds of thousands of people in Oregon were ordered to leave their homes on Thursday as wildfires encroached on their properties. The evacuations clogged highways, emptied entire towns and sparked confusion in a state that has not grappled with wildfires of this size before.

image.pnga close up of a car going down the road: Photograph: Nathan Howard/Getty Images

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/i-have-never-seen-anything-like-this-oregon-towns-emptied-and-confusion-spreads-amid-fires/ar-BB18WskB?ocid=msedgdhp&fullscreen=true#image=1

If this out west was in Florida, would T be ingoring it?

Do you feel it's Trumps fault that the fires weren't put out by now?

43 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

It's really bad, the air is awful and so many people are losing everything. I'm not in any danger but everybody knows somebody that had to evacuate.

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

It's not just here, the news seems to not really care.  Very sad what's happening though and I hope they're able to get them contained soon.

CNN homepage - Trump, QAnon, COVID
Yahoo homepage - Various election stories, NFL, COVID
MSNBC homepage - COVID, Election, 9/11, and 1 article on the fires
Fox News homepage - Israel peace deal, Mueller, Antifa, NFL, election
CBS News homepage - COVID, Israel, 9/11, and 2 articles on the fires

Presidential disaster declarations (Trump's job) appear to have been made though. https://www.fema.gov/disasters/disaster-declarations?field_dv2_state_territory_tribal_value=All&field_year_value=2020&field_dv2_declaration_type_value=All&field_dv2_incident_type_target_id=49121

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

It's not just here, the news seems to not really care.  Very sad what's happening though and I hope they're able to get them contained soon.

CNN homepage - Trump, QAnon, COVID
Yahoo homepage - Various election stories, NFL, COVID
MSNBC homepage - COVID, Election, 9/11, and 1 article on the fires
Fox News homepage - Israel peace deal, Mueller, Antifa, NFL, election
CBS News homepage - COVID, Israel, 9/11, and 2 articles on the fires

Presidential disaster declarations (Trump's job) appear to have been made though. https://www.fema.gov/disasters/disaster-declarations?field_dv2_state_territory_tribal_value=All&field_year_value=2020&field_dv2_declaration_type_value=All&field_dv2_incident_type_target_id=49121

Exactly.

"Recollect your thoughts, and don't get caught up in the mix, 'cause . . .

On 6/23/2020 at 5:37 PM, Benny Baker said:

"The media is full of dirty tricks."  -  2pac

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

A pox upon the media 

And everything you read

They tell you your opinions

And they're very good indeed

Love me the UT, and fortunate to have seen them in the early 90s before the split.  But thinking I like the Soft Boys original better. Dunno. Still great though. 

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Jeff Tweedy is amazing.  My son turned me on to Wilco years ago.  

36 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Love me the UT, and fortunate to have seen them in the early 90s before the split.  But thinking I like the Soft Boys original better. Dunno. Still great though. 

Is that you dad? Just kidding.

Wilco is great live, I've seen them probably two dozen times. Had tickets for two nights in March before the shut down. Too young to have seen UT live, unfortunately. Can only imagine how good it was.  Didn't know this song and I Wanna Be Your Dog were covers until maybe two or three years ago.

My username comes from the Wilco b sides compilation, incidentally. I knew the phrase but started using it as a moniker after that was released.

Wilco has a new manager that is really monetizing the hell out of them, hence the festival in Mexico and expanded merchandising/re-releases. On the plus side it'll keep them touring for a long time. They know to dig back to their Jay Bennett-era catalog too, so I'll keep attending!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Is that you dad? Just kidding.

Wilco is great live, I've seen them probably two dozen times. Had tickets for two nights in March before the shut down. Too young to have seen UT live, unfortunately. Can only imagine how good it was.  Didn't know this song and I Wanna Be Your Dog were covers until maybe two or three years ago.

My username comes from the Wilco b sides compilation, incidentally. I knew the phrase but started using it as a moniker after that was released.

Wilco has a new manager that is really monetizing the hell out of them, hence the festival in Mexico and expanded merchandising/re-releases. On the plus side it'll keep them touring for a long time. They know to dig back to their Jay Bennett-era catalog too, so I'll keep attending!

That Mexico festival was a head scratcher, but seriously thought about going. My first Wilco shows were in Denver during the Being There tour. Denver had (has?) three great theaters in the Ogden, Bluebird, and Fox. I recall the Bluebird had a really tight pit area, which was insane at times. Saw them at each, but I remember one of the shows specifically because Tweedy jumped into the pit with my friends and me during the encore set, maybe during their cover of I Wanna Be Sedated or some other. Seems so strange now, considering his stage “shyness“.  Geez... almost 25 years ago.