SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

House Foreign Affairs Committee's sub-panel on oversight is starting an investigation into Cabinet Sec. Pompeo for using his position during a foreign diplomatic trip for partisan statements, which by the way of many were false.

Pompeo claimed Trump:

Held China accountable for covering up the China virus, were as T praised China's transparency

Policy toward North Korea was a success, our guy got taken for a ride.

Had strengthened NATO – T did opposite

Ukraine now has "defensive weapon systems" rather were T was impeached over after the president tried to leverage the supplies as part of an illegal extortion scheme.

Pompeo is supposed to be a chief diplomat for all us, not for a R re-election campaign.

This is why we need to take the house back - what have they done in the last 4 years besides investigate Thump?  These are political statements nothing else.  Americans are sick of this.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

It seems like you are conflating what you personally would do and what they by definition have a “right” to do.
In Missouri, the presence of a fence constitutes a warning to would be trespassers. If they breach said fence they are now criminally trespassing and could be arrested and held civilly and criminally liable.

In reading further, Missouri has a “castle doctrine” law on the books that allows property owners to use physical force to defend their property.

These people seem well within their “rights” with their actions.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-53891184

They are being charged with unlawful use of a firearm which is a felony as they did not have the right to be pointing guns at people. Also the property the protestors were on is owned by a trust that residents pay to maintain that includes private security. I doubt the McCloskey's are the paid private security. The fact that the RNC is inviting them to speak is laughable and says alot about the current state of the Republican Party.

8 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

This is why we need to take the house back - what have they done in the last 4 years besides investigate Thump?  These are political statements nothing else.  Americans are sick of this.

So.

Congressional oversight is bad. 

Pesky constitution...

Also, it has been two years.

Just now, Redneksioux said:

They are being charged with unlawful use of a firearm which is a felony as they did not have the right to be pointing guns at people. Also the property the protestors were on is owned by a trust that residents pay to maintain that includes private security. I doubt the McCloskey's are the paid private security. The fact that the RNC is inviting them to speak is laughable and says alot about the current state of the Republican Party.

Being charged and being convicted are two very different things.

I’m no attorney, but I’d say they have a pretty easy defense given the laws on the books.

The reason they are invited to speak is exactly what’s happening in this thread. You don’t like them or agree with their actions so you are trying to take away their rights. ie Cancel culture.

Cancel culture is a real problem and at times subverts people’s rights when the mob doesn’t like what they’ve said.(doxing)

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

MOST Americans are sick of Trump.

Another one, he is using the WH as backdrop to the RNC.

Just now, Bison06 said:

I’m no attorney, but I’d say they have a pretty easy defense given the laws on the books.

The reason they are invited to speak is exactly what’s happening in this thread. You don’t like them or agree with their actions so you are trying to take away their rights. ie Cancel culture.

Cancel culture is a real problem and at times subverts people’s rights when the mob doesn’t like what they’ve said.(doxing)

Give them their day in court sure. I do disagree with their actions and am fine letting the court decide whether they are responsible enough to be gun owners. They can speak at the RNC all they want, I'm sure they will represent well.

5 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Give them their day in court sure. I do disagree with their actions and am fine letting the court decide whether they are responsible enough to be gun owners. They can speak at the RNC all they want, I'm sure they will represent well.

So what's the problem then? The republicans are highlighting this incident as an example of law abiding citizens being persecuted on prosecuted for following the rules. (Rightfully so)

Why is it ok to take away someone's rights because you happen to disagree personally with their actions?

They broke no laws, but their names will forever be associated with this incident and trying to run a personal injury practice will be nearly impossible for them. I would sue the pants off of anyone I could if I was them too.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

So what's the problem then? The republicans are highlighting this incident as an example of law abiding citizens being persecuted on prosecuted for following the rules. (Rightfully so)

Why is it ok to take away someone's rights because you happen to disagree personally with their actions?

They broke no laws, but their names will forever be associated with this incident and trying to run a personal injury practice will be nearly impossible for them. I would sue the pants off of anyone I could if I was them too.

I’m all for defending and upholding the 2nd amendment as I’m sure you are as well.

You really think putting these two front and center is going to help that cause?

39 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Missouri’s Castle law will overrule that law. This is why many have called for this frivolous lawsuit to be dismissed and the prosecutor disbarred!

right or wrong can be debated but the legally had a right to show force to protect their property.

8 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I’m all for defending and upholding the 2nd amendment as I’m sure you are as well.

You really think putting these two front and center is going to help that cause?

I think the Republicans are simply highlighting what happens in our country to law abiding citizens who stand up to the Left's "cause of the day".

Follow along with our social cause or we will ruin your life. I've been watching this happen to good people for years.

37 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Yes, I think it will play very well to Americans who are sick and tired of the looting and lawlessness being allowed in democratic run cities.  Enough is enough and many Americans are beginning to help law enforcement defend their property and businesses. Many examples of this going on.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

MOST Americans are sick of Trump.

Another one, he is using the WH as backdrop to the RNC.

I’m not all pro Trump on the things he does. With that said, given the silent majority, you’re going to be awfully disappointed when he’s your president again for another 4 years. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Gotta agree with this.  I think they’ll be let off.  The DA is overreaching.   

That said, legal ≠ responsible.  Just because a particular act is legal doesn't make it the smartest thing to do; which is why many people are shaking their heads at the GOP for choosing these idiots to speak.   Who's next, George Zimmerman?    Sure, the GOP can say it's an issue of gun rights (which it is), but we'd be remiss if we didn't acknowledge the huge political undercurrent of parading people around who pointed guns at protesters.      

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

Have you read up on the prosecutor? She knew she wasn't going to get a conviction here. This was 100% to get her name out there and cause a stir. Maybe appease the mob by showing them "well we tried to get them but we live in a backwoods redneck state!"

No jury of their peers was going to convict them of anything. 

Regardless, it likely doesn't matter that they pay private security. Without looking into it, it sounds like they own that private area along with the other residents. You don't forfeit your right to defend yourself or your property because you take other precautions to guard the area as well.

Bison06 is probably right that you are likely conflating what you would do or even what the "right" thing to do might be with what the law of Missouri probably is.

2 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

Yet this mob didn't burn or loot anything. I wouldn't have invited them in. I also wouldn't have pointed guns at them. 

3 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

How many homes on that block were breached? 

did anyone even step foot on this couple’s property?

Any responsible firearm owner understands you only point your weapon at something you intend to shoot. These two wouldn’t be considered very responsible gun owners.

Ok... ooooo you're so close, this is like watching a neaderthal discover fire..

Correct none of those bad things happened....

why.....

Try real hard I know it hurts but you're ALMOST there....

Good people with guns had the courage to stand up for their rights and property.

They MOST DEFINITELY had the intention of shooting ANY of the riot scum if they chose to continue those actions.

As would I and millions and millions other gun owners would,

and will......If necessary.

Guns worked as the detefent here.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Ok... ooooo you're so close, this is like watching a neaderthal discover fire..

Correct none of those bad things happened....

why.....

Try real hard I know it hurts but you're ALMOST there....

Good people with guns had the courage to stand up for their rights and property.

They MOST DEFINITELY had the intention of shooting ANY of the riot scum if they chose to continue those actions.

As would I and millions and millions other gun owners would,

and will......If necessary.

Guns worked as the detefent here.

Ding ding ding!   We have a winner!  100% correct!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Gotta agree with this.  I think they’ll be let off.  The DA is overreaching.   

That said, legal ≠ responsible.  Just because a particular act is legal doesn't make it the smartest thing to do; which is why many people are shaking their heads at the GOP for choosing these idiots to speak.   Who's next, George Zimmerman?    Sure, the GOP can say it's an issue of gun rights (which it is), but we'd be remiss if we didn't acknowledge the huge political undercurrent of parading people around who pointed guns at protesters.      

I think it’s a smart move. They’re playing off the fear of what is becoming reality. Watch what’s happened on tv the last month. What am I supposed to think is going to happen if a mob comes walking down my street with babies in my house? What is the proper way to defend my house and my family? Should we hide inside and wait for them to hurl fireworks to start it on fire and let everything we’ve worked for burn as we scramble out the back? The only thing I would have done different was not point them at people unless I intended to pull the trigger. This could happen to almost anyone living in a city it seems. It’s also why there are record gun sales.

8 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Great, just great.     Looks like right-wing militia members shot protesters in Kenosha, 2 dead.    Apparently a 'call to arms' had been circulating around social media.  

White militias like to call themselves "patriots".

The cult like to call BLM thugs, whether they are armed or not. 

https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/26/21402571/kenosha-guard-shooting-facebook-deplatforming-militia-violence

Facebook takes down ‘call to arms’ event after two shot dead in Kenosha

‘Any patriots willing to take up arms and defend our city tonight from the evil thugs?’ asked the Facebook group

8 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Great, just great.     Looks like right-wing militia members shot protesters in Kenosha, 2 dead.    Apparently a 'call to arms' had been circulating around social media.  

About time. Worthless anti American thugs.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Missouri’s Castle law will overrule that law. This is why many have called for this frivolous lawsuit to be dismissed and the prosecutor disbarred!

right or wrong can be debated but the legally had a right to show force to protect their property.

We shall see.