SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

56 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Speaking of foreign policy, these people have been saving the world..     

-Trump's advisors intentionally withheld military options from him in fear he'd lead us into war.      
-Trump's advisors reached out to their counterparts in Iran and N Korean to remind them they were dealing with an idiot American President.         

We live in amazing times.  

Article is full of quotes from ex-Trump officials and advisors… er, wait, I mean fake news, losers and never-trumpers.    

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/06/politics/trump-advisers-fears-military-options/index.html

Saving the world from what? 

I have a hard time believing you have a law degree...or maybe your brain has just rotted out after years of productive work. I am not sure which is the case.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Along those lines, what’s the pro-trump libertarian opinion of Trump’s Wall and eminent domain? 

If he adheres to his promises we're staring at a thousand or more miles to annex from citizens; not to mention it will likely devalue the remaining non-annexed portion of their property.          

I mean this isn't some highway, or a city block.  An untold amount of Americans will have their land ripped from right under their feet.  

No one wants to answer the above? 

I'd really like to hear the Conservative opinion of this.  Not only are the Wall and Personal Rights entrenched in the current Conservative ethos, both are staunchly promoted; yet they're profoundly at odds with each-other. 

How do these people justify slamming Biden for his 'government overreach' mask wearing initiatives?   I mean mask wearing is more of an inconvenience than anything; especially compared to Trump's main campaign promise that would entail forcibly taking a thousand+ miles of land from American landowners.        

1 hour ago, Goon said:

From Valley News Live

According to these numbers, Dickinson is the new hot spot in ND. 

7,738 – Total Tests from Yesterday*

414,477 – Total tests complete since the pandemic

274 – Positive Individuals from Yesterday

9,242 – Total positive individuals since pandemic began

(9242 ÷ 414477 = .022) 

3.54% – Daily Positivity Rate**

1,394 – Total Active 

+185 Individuals from yesterday

68 – Individuals Recovered from Yesterday****

7,718 – Total recovered since pandemic began

45 – Currently Hospitalized

-4 individuals from yesterday

0 – New Deaths*** (130 total deaths since the pandemic began)

COUNTIES WITH NEW POSITIVE CASES REPORTED TODAY

• Benson County – 20
  • Burleigh County - 50
  • Cass County – 21
  • Dickey County - 1
  • Dunn County – 3
  • Eddy County – 1
  • Emmons County – 1
  • Golden Valley County - 1
  • Grand Forks County – 32
  • Hettinger County - 2
  • McLean County – 5
  • Morton County – 14
  • Pierce County – 2
  • Ramsey County - 5
  • Ransom County – 1
  • Rolette County - 1
  • Sioux County – 2
  • Slope County - 1
  • Stark County – 65
  • Stutsman County – 3
  • Traill County - 1
  • Walsh County - 5
  • Ward County – 34
  • Williams County – 3

Virus deaths in the US 1300+ for the 2nd da in a row.

30 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Saving the world from what? 

I have a hard time believing you have a law degree...or maybe your brain has just rotted out after years of productive work. I am not sure which is the case.

I have a hard time believing you have any teeth.  Yesiree, ad hominem arguments are fun!  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Trump's favorite leader has a rival not doing so well- Aleksei Navalny hospitalized in Russia in suspected poisoning

Not much the Donald can do, however, after the election I'm sure he'll have much more flexibility.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, MrEdway said:

Not much the Donald can do, however, after the election I'm sure he'll have much more flexibility.

Oh.

After the election The Donald will be busy.  No doubt.

Probably in meetings with lawyers to keep his orange butt out of prison. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Isn’t that interesting that she isn’t ok when the protesting comes to her neighborhood. 

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others*

*A proclamation by the pigs who control the government in the novel Animal Farm, by George Orwell. The sentence is a comment on the hypocrisy of governments that proclaim the absolute equality of their citizens but give power and privileges to a small elite.

54 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

You know: Pamela (thank you Toto) 

A friend Pamela.

Imagine the friends Pamala has after her speech last night.
The posts, texts, wifi's, likes, bufferings, broad bands, internet overloads, smileys,  fiber optic cables, emails, & so on are at high end usuage accross the county today.

3 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Trump's favorite leader has a rival not doing so well- Aleksei Navalny hospitalized in Russia in suspected poisoning

What’s more interesting is the situation in Belarus.  

It’s in America's interest to drive Belarus away from Russian influence.    At the very least we should be going 100% all in on verbally supporting democratic protests against Lukashenko.   This isn't novel or difficult stuff here.   Yet the Donald is currently punting the football with a ‘we’ll see what happens’ attitude. 

I'm thinking he doesn't want to cross Putin, and/or the (for obvious reasons) praise protesters mobilizing against a leader at this current time.     

15 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Along those lines, what’s the pro-trump libertarian opinion of Trump’s Wall and eminent domain? 

If he adheres to his promises we're staring at a thousand or more miles to annex from citizens; not to mention it will likely devalue the remaining non-annexed portion of their property.          

I mean this isn't some highway, or a city block.  An untold amount of Americans will have their land ripped from right under their feet.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No one wants to answer the above? 

I'd really like to hear the Conservative opinion of this.  Not only are the Wall and Personal Rights entrenched in the current Conservative ethos, both are staunchly promoted; yet they're profoundly at odds with each-other. 

How do these people justify slamming Biden for his 'government overreach' mask wearing initiatives?   I mean mask wearing is more of an inconvenience than anything; especially compared to Trump's main campaign promise that would entail forcibly taking a thousand+ miles of land from American landowners.   

My opinion is that the answer to this question is laid out in the constitution - Article 4, Section 4.
"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence."

The Federal govt greatly overreaches in many areas, but I think it is pretty clearly written in the constitution that border security is something that the US government shall ensure.   This is one of the basic duties of a limited government.  In regard to the excerpt above, the (southern) boarder is not secure, and the US govt is obligated to take action needed to protect the country from the decades long "invasion" of economic immigrants who are crossing the the border illegally.  The large number of people that enter the country illegally make it easy for drug cartels to conduct their business internationally, and within our boarders.  I don't think anybody disagrees with the fact that the drug trade has accounts for a large percentage  of the violent crime in America. 

The US government is obligated to strengthen the boarders (build a wall, among other strategies) to limit aliens from coming here illegally, and to help curb the cartel drug trade (and directly associated violence), and also any potential spies/terrorists that could so easily sneak into our country.  The United Stats Government SHALL protect us.

In regard to the eminent domain issue - the landowners should be fairly compensated for whatever economic loss that they have as a result of border protection. Fifth Amendment: "nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation".  I'm not sure what the current situation is for the landowners at the border, such as how much land is being taken, the value, and if/how much they are being compensated, but this is an entirely separate issue.  The US government has been using "regulatory takings" arguments to screw over land owners, partly because it wastes so much money on pork spending and government handouts, which causes the budget to be stretched thin for basic functions of the government.

Edit: I'm not going to argue about the constitution with a lawyer, and I don't have time for it, but you get the general idea.  The above is my opinion on it - I'm not sure what the talking heads say, but I would think that I probably am not very far off from what someone like Ben Shapiro would say. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

My opinion is that the answer to this question is laid out in the constitution - Article 4, Section 4.
"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence."

The Federal govt greatly overreaches in many areas, but I think it is pretty clearly written in the constitution that border security is something that the US government shall ensure.   This is one of the basic duties of a limited government.  In regard to the excerpt above, the (southern) boarder is not secure, and the US govt is obligated to take action needed to protect the country from the decades long "invasion" of economic immigrants who are crossing the the border illegally.  The large number of people that enter the country illegally make it easy for drug cartels to conduct their business internationally, and within our boarders.  I don't think anybody disagrees with the fact that the drug trade has accounts for a large percentage  of the violent crime in America. 

The US government is obligated to strengthen the boarders (build a wall, among other strategies) to limit aliens from coming here illegally, and to help curb the cartel drug trade (and directly associated violence), and also any potential spies/terrorists that could so easily sneak into our country.  The United Stats Government SHALL protect us.

In regard to the eminent domain issue - the landowners should be fairly compensated for whatever economic loss that they have as a result of border protection. Fifth Amendment: "nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation".  I'm not sure what the current situation is for the landowners at the border, such as how much land is being taken, the value, and if/how much they are being compensated, but this is an entirely separate issue.  The US government has been using "regulatory takings" arguments to screw over land owners, partly because it wastes so much money on pork spending and government handouts, which causes the budget to be stretched thin for basic functions of the government.

Edit: I'm not going to argue about the constitution with a lawyer, and I don't have time for it, but you get the general idea.  The above is my opinion on it - I'm not sure what the talking heads say, but I would think that I probably am not very far off from what someone like Ben Shapiro would say. 

Well, ok.  You just illustrated the legal justifications the government has to enact policies for national security reasons.  That said, there exists countless options and methods the government has to achieve as such, nor does everybody agree on what constitutes national security in many situations – even insofar as border security is concerned.  This is because, even though the Constitution guarantees security, beyond acts of war/invasion/etc it is somewhat vague on what the definition of 'threat to the nation’ is; particularly in terms of today's threats.    

Nevertheless, I understand your point.  Many conservatives deem the current situation at the border so dangerous that; 1. ,A wall is the only method to secure us; 2. they are willing to give up freedom to achieve as such.  Other issues of national security (Covid being one of them)?  not so much.    Fair opinion though.  Thanks much for the reply.:)     

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Personally, I think they are both bat$#t crazy.

Sean Hannity has reportedly privately admitted he thinks Trump is a 'bats--- crazy person'

https://news.yahoo.com/sean-hannity-reportedly-privately-admitted-153816179.html

C'mon Hayduke, you know how to read a story.

Here are the key words from the headline and article:

reportedly
associate
a friend 

What words don't you see in there?

the name(s) of the source(s) 

Those criteria apply to any (alleged) news article I read.