SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

55 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

It will be.  However, business still can say:  While I have the option to do so, I chose to stay closed. 

Lot of people are pushing back... but I hope that their plan works and doesn't end it a setback.

Here's to that, considering any negative ramifications will extend far beyond Georgia's borders.  As such, Lindsey Graham has every right to be concerned.  Regardless let's hope everyone takes precaution.   

Speaking of South Carolina, they just decided not to send kids back to school.

26 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

No reason to send kids back now.  They all brought their stuff home already.

Took a day to pack it up. A day to bring stuff back.  Most kids would go back tomorrow.

One of my best friends lives in Montana. His daughter is a Sr in HS. He texted me she was in tears when he told her the possibility of her finishing her Sr year in a classroom with her teachers and friends.

5 minutes ago, homer said:

I still believe if a person feels confident enough to have their kids going back to school, why not have all their friends over. 

And if you're fine with having a house/yard full of neighborhood kids/friends you should feel comfortable sending your kids back to school.

...and if not when?

Funny thing with distance learning, according to one of my daughters, is the really poor students miraculously got smarter over the past few weeks.....grade wise. 

3 minutes ago, tnt said:

If we have gone to great lengths to protect the vulnerable people, does anyone else find it concerning that over 70 percent of deaths in Minnesota happened in nursing or eldercare homes?

isn't that where most old people go right before they die?

37 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

And if you're fine with having a house/yard full of neighborhood kids/friends you should feel comfortable sending your kids back to school.

...and if not when?

Guessing school happens next year and it should.  The last four weeks should be enough time but take the summer and figure out the layout for next year.  

I would send my kids back this year if they reopen.  I also feel that if a person is going to criticize things being closed, start at home.  I can provide some normalcy for my kids if I choose.  That risk is on me and other parents.  

39 minutes ago, tnt said:

If we have gone to great lengths to protect the vulnerable people, does anyone else find it concerning that over 70 percent of deaths in Minnesota happened in nursing or eldercare homes?

It just shows that its difficult to protect them. Remember nursing homes are different that assisted living facilities.

Why is there no damn protocol for return to normalcy?   What do we need to measure?  How hard is it to get out antibody tests?  Honestly??  I mean I’m worth a lot of money...how about the guys who dwarf me:  Bezos, Gates, old !@#$ in Nebraska...he’s probably in New Zealand in a bunker...figure it out...Plan a course...this is like the worst battlefield decision making ever...blame both parties.  I’m an exec...call it, and deal with the consequences

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

Why is there no damn protocol for return to normalcy?   What do we need to measure?  How hard is it to get out antibody tests?  Honestly??  I mean I’m worth a lot of money...how about the guys who dwarf me:  Bezos, Gates, old !@#$ in Nebraska...he’s probably in New Zealand in a bunker...figure it out...Plan a course...this is like the worst battlefield decision making ever...blame both parties.  I’m an exec...call it, and deal with the consequences

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

Sorry- I’m frustrated by the academics and the politicos....I don’t have time for either other than over a beer or two

There should have been a plan going into this. A plan that says when certain cities/states should shut down. What businesses stay in operation. Which business don't. Funding, Unemployment, Bailouts, Coverage planned out. As well a a plan for opening. Despite Bush setting aside 7bn for a pandemic budget, Obama continuing said budget/plan, and bill gates advocating for his own plan in 2015. All of that was thrown out the window. As such, our government is winging it with absolutely no guidance. Winging it into it this mess, winging it out of it this mess.

For anyone curious, this is (was) the national strategy for pandemic influenza - implementation plan that president Bush orchestrated. It has a little bit of everything for everyone. 

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/pdf/pandemic-influenza-implementation.pdf

"Low-cost or sustainable social distancing measures should be introduced
within the workplace immediately after a community outbreak begins, and businesses should prepare for
the possibility of measures that have the potential to disrupt their business continuity. Decisions as to
how and when to implement community measures will be made on a case-by-case basis, with the Federal
Government providing support and guidance to local officials. "