SiouxSports.com Forum

Hobey Baker

Zypher

41 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Wasn’t Perunovich arrested in Duluth this morning for intentionally coughing on residents at the local nursing home up there?  Disturbing, if true...

Not before he was seen coughing on young mothers in the maternity ward. 

I wouldn't put it all on Sandy, though.  Some people are just evil, and maroon and gold seems to be the shared characteristic. 

6 hours ago, burd said:

Not before he was seen coughing on young mothers in the maternity ward. 

I wouldn't put it all on Sandy, though.  Some people are just evil, and maroon and gold seems to be the shared characteristic. 

You're both pathetic.

8 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Wasn’t Perunovich arrested in Duluth this morning for intentionally coughing on residents at the local nursing home up there?  Disturbing, if true...

Well the vote has already happened so basically they could find a dead hooker in his St. Louis Blues hockey Bag and it wouldnt change the outcome.

9 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Lighten up a bit, sheesh.

He's right, though, MM.  burd, at least, is pathetic, for a host of reasons.  I've never thought that of you, but he may have evidence he has yet to disclose. 

1 hour ago, burd said:

He's right, though, MM.  burd, at least, is pathetic, for a host of reasons.  I've never thought that of you, but he may have evidence he has yet to disclose. 

I sent you a PM with a list of reasons about me - it’s pretty long!

19 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Frattin was robbed!

Frattin for sure was robbed but it had everything to do with his past off-ice actions rather than what he accomplished on the ice that year. He was the best player in college hockey hands down but his past robbed him of the hobey. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

Frattin for sure was robbed but it had everything to do with his past off-ice actions rather than what he accomplished on the ice that year. He was the best player in college hockey hands down but his past robbed him of the hobey. 

Yeah, the Panzer situation was way worse.

Idiots in the media saying things like "Panzer got a lot of second assists at the Ralph" when he got more assists on the road that year.  Those same people watched him be the best player on the ice hands down all season long and of course it has to be second assists.....

• Like 1

Any other year, Panzer would have won the Hobey.  But Ryan Miller had arguably the best season by a goalie in college hockey history.  Yeah it sucked that Panzer didn't win it, but can't really blame the voters for awarding it to Miller looking at his stats from that year:

31-5-4 record (NCAA record for winning percentage)

.950 Save percentage (NCAA record)

1.33 GAA (led nation)

10 Shutouts (NCAA record)

10 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Any other year, Panzer would have won the Hobey.  But Ryan Miller had arguably the best season by a goalie in college hockey history.  Yeah it sucked that Panzer didn't win it, but can't really blame the voters for awarding it to Miller looking at his stats from that year:

1.33 GAA (led nation)

Sorry, but if Panzer had played for an all-Division I school or a school in a major media market, he would have had the award handed to him on a silver platter. There have been other goaltenders that have put up great numbers that didn't even make the Hobey Hat Trick. The Hobey Baker is too political and too much about which school the player plays for. We should have awards for individual positions (like we do with the Richter Award). Or should we name that after Miller too? :silly: #panzerwasrobbed

41 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Sorry, but if Panzer had played for an all-Division I school or a school in a major media market, he would have had the award handed to him on a silver platter. There have been other goaltenders that have put up great numbers that didn't even make the Hobey Hat Trick. The Hobey Baker is too political and too much about which school the player plays for. We should have awards for individual positions (like we do with the Richter Award). Or should we name that after Miller too? :silly: #panzerwasrobbed

So that's how Duluth pulled off 5, soon to be 6, Hobey Baker winners . . . .

23 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

1.33 GAA (led nation)

And all that was because of what was in front of him.  I feel like he averaged only facing like 15 shots a game, but maybe that was during the shutouts.