SiouxSports.com Forum

Bochenski running for Mayor

nd jg

On 5/18/2023 at 7:38 AM, The Sicatoka said:

As an around town 40-80 miles per day machine it's an F150 Lightning with a different word. 

Except he doesn't drive the pickup truck Rivian. He drives the SUV Rivian.

They got Range Rover vibes. Electric obviously.

2 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Except he doesn't drive the pickup truck Rivian. He drives the SUV Rivian.

They got Range Rover vibes. Electric obviously.

Fair enough. 

Driving-wise the comparison holds.
I know a couple Lightning owners and they use them in town primarily. Pulling, open highway in the wind, or in the cold, not so much. 

30 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Fair enough. 

I know a couple Lightning owners and they use them in town primarily. Pulling, open highway in the wind, or in the cold, not so much. 

As seen on Hoovies Garage too.

32 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Fair enough. 

Heard some dealerships are beginning to realize that EV's are costing them a lot of money as resales suck.  No one wants a used EV.  Battery replacement is one of the reasons.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, jdub27 said:

47th Ave interchange is coming very soon.
Underpass at Demers and 42nd is as well.

Both are in the final planning stages.

I've thought they should put ramps on the Merrifield Road overpass (County 6). Then put in the bridge at Co 6 and the Red and get over to MN 220. But that goes right past the GF Country Club and we can't be having traffic past the course now can we ... :silly:

What space are they going to use at 42nd and Demers? North of tracks or south (and bend Demers)? When Fargo redid 25th, and then 45th, under the tracks I was amazed at how much space it ate up. The underpasses in Bismarck take a full city block. Moorhead's pretty new underpass by the HS (21st St) covers an insane amount of space.  It's pretty tight there in GF; something's gotta give. But it'll be so much better for traffic and first responders. 

Someone sending all this to Mayor Bo? :D 

24 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Heard some dealerships are beginning to realize that EV's are costing them a lot of money as resales suck.  No one wants a used EV.  Battery replacement is one of the reasons.

Pretty sure you and I will agree on this: Won't buy used EV. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I've thought they should put ramps on the Merrifield Road overpass (County 6). Then put in the bridge at Co 6 and the Red and get over to MN 220. But that goes right past the GF Country Club and we can't be having traffic past the course now can we ... :silly:

Issues with a bridge on County 6 are more than just the GFCC, its the creek that goes under it and floods during the spring, the housing developments to the south and the closest MN road is about 1/6 of a mile from connecting (and that's basically someone's long gravel driveway). That road from County 8 (Belmont) to the golf course, including the bridge is also pretty narrow and a bit beat up and would need to be redone. Outside of one hole that's currently along that road, extending it straight across would go right through the 18 tee box and 17 green. Maybe they'd take an Oxbow type buyout to move some stuff around.

17 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

What space are they going to use at 42nd and Demers? North of tracks or south (and bend Demers)? When Fargo redid 25th, and then 45th, under the tracks I was amazed at how much space it ate up. The underpasses in Bismarck take a full city block. Moorhead's pretty new underpass by the HS (21st St) covers an insane amount of space.  It's pretty tight there in GF; something's gotta give. But it'll be so much better for traffic and first responders. 

It will be interesting to see the designs. There is room to move things back or around on 3 of the 4 corners with the Ray Richards being the only one that is an issue. Not sure how it will work with Demers Ave though. Given how long its been talked about, surprised there aren't some renderings out there somewhere that show how it would be routed.

I can guarantee the Golf Course would sign off on that county road bridge plan in .2 seconds.  Why?  Doing so would route Cole Creeks flood waters on the south side of the new raised highway, eliminating the destruction caused to the widening creek on the golf course when the water is rushing though. In fact, there is a large contingent of vocal ($)farmers south of town trying to make this very thing happen.

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

It will be interesting to see the designs. There is room to move things back or around on 3 of the 4 corners with the Ray Richards being the only one that is an issue. Not sure how it will work with Demers Ave though. Given how long its been talked about, surprised there aren't some renderings out there somewhere that show how it would be routed.

Here are the PowerPoint slides from a June 2021 GF Council meeting. They aren't the easiest to follow in this format, but it gives an idea of the solutions that were considered. Looks like the two preferred options will not impact Ray Richards. A couple of the rejected options would have basically split Ray Richards in half.

Microsoft PowerPoint - City Council Meeting.pptx (grandforksgov.com)

Edit: After further studying, it looks like the two choices were from 2014. There are now five options on the table, some of which have major impact on Ray Richards.

• Upvote 1

Population Gain/Loss should not always be the best measure of success and U.S. Census has really struggled in the past couple of years in getting accurate data. However, numbers released this week suggest City of Grand Forks lost nearly 500 residents since April 2020. Mayor fault, no but something that should be worrisome. 

https://www.census.gov/data/tables/time-series/demo/popest/2020s-total-cities-and-towns.html

Grand Forks: -476

Bismarck: +820

Fargo: +5,492

Minot: -625

West Fargo: +1,350

North Dakota: +170

• Upvote 1

On 5/19/2023 at 12:58 PM, northernraider said:

Population Gain/Loss should not always be the best measure of success and U.S. Census has really struggled in the past couple of years in getting accurate data. However, numbers released this week suggest City of Grand Forks lost nearly 500 residents since April 2020. Mayor fault, no but something that should be worrisome. 

https://www.census.gov/data/tables/time-series/demo/popest/2020s-total-cities-and-towns.html

Grand Forks: -476

Bismarck: +820

Fargo: +5,492

Minot: -625

West Fargo: +1,350

North Dakota: +170

They honestly must pull these numbers out of there collective arses. No way houses and apartments are being built like they are on the south end if people are leaving.

1 hour ago, Kab said:

I don’t believe GF lost people

i wonder how they come up with this 

keep building houses and apartments, are they all empty 

whats the vacancy rate?

Agree, there is explosive growth on the south end of town, it just seems impossible that GF has lost population.

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Fargo, Bismarck, and Grand Forks all get significant Federal subsidy for their city bus transit systems. 

Oh I know...It was more of a shot at gfhockey because he said he is in the "know" more than other people