SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

5 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

And you'll have guys sit out because of a minor boo boo and other guys play thru sprained ankles and broken fingers.

I can talk myself into getting out of bed when I feel terrible.
I can talk myself into staying in bed when I feel great. 

You will feel how you think you feel; and, if you don't, you really are ill and should shut it down to rest and heal. 

My definition on mind over matter is:
If I don't mind, it don't matter. 

13 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Any chance MVFC reverses its decision and we get some fall football, as high schools and the big ten have now done?  Anyone aware of any discussions happening AT ALL, or is it 100% spring or bust?

Developments that have taken place since your last post

• Mountain West "aggressively exploring" options to play 8-game fall season, culminating w/ Dec. 19 MW title game (via Brett McMurphy)
  • Wheels in motion in the Pac-12 

It's now looking likely that the MAC will be the only FBS conference to not be playing this Fall (who knows if that'll change either).

Long story short of this post is you'd think there is at least discussions right now going on at the FCS level. 

2 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Did anyone else notice the hawk on the alumni association homecoming email?

image.thumb.jpeg.a55bdf2b92bcf44455b4d210f579b1aa.jpeg

Not sure if it looks more like a hawk or eagle, but wonder if it will ‘stick’.

soft sell on a secondary logo..which i think we need...but not that one...a geometric one would be great.

edit..i see the trademark on there?  does that mean anything?

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

soft sell on a secondary logo..which i think we need...but not that one...a geometric one would be great.

edit..i see the trademark on there?  does that mean anything?

My hope, although probably foolishly, was that the current logo would transition into the secondary. 

19 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

My hope, although probably foolishly, was that the current logo would transition into the secondary. 

a geometric one that is a cross between our old sioux geometric logo and ball states's geometrical one would be nice...no comic book hawks please

• Upvote 1

So who wins the QB battle, now that the new guys will have so much more time in the system? Vaughan certainly has the size and arm strength, Neal sounds pretty athletic, and Schuster has some live game experience (though extremely limited).

There has been zero reporting that I have seen on the players or the progress of the team this fall. So, any thoughts?

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020-21 Football Season