SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Minnesota -- The Rivalry, with all the trimmings

stoneySIOUX

1 hour ago, Langster019 said:

Try and find a friend who has that subscription in the Midwest and try their credentials maybe?

trial and error may be your best bet. 

Thx! Ironically I still pay for Midco in ND where my wife is but the services auto-detect my location here when I log in, so even that was a fail. Paying $450 for cable from both locations and can’t see a game. Hoping I’m just not smart enough to figure it out and there’s a solution out there. Think I’m going to try the free Hulu thing and see. 

50 minutes ago, Brett0909 said:

Thx! Ironically I still pay for Midco in ND where my wife is but the services auto-detect my location here when I log in, so even that was a fail. Paying $450 for cable from both locations and can’t see a game. Hoping I’m just not smart enough to figure it out and there’s a solution out there. Think I’m going to try the free Hulu thing and see. 

I know YouTube TV does free trial too. Have it signed up in ND and see if you can login and have the channels. Hard to say  if the local channels will translate. 

59 minutes ago, Brett0909 said:

I'm on the west coast and can use a Midco log in for everything, but only after logging out of my in law's Frontier info for select services. Maybe have a roku/ chromecast/ etc. for one account and another device for the other. 

59 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

I'm on the west coast and can use a Midco log in for everything, but only after logging out of my in law's Frontier info for select services. Maybe have a roku/ chromecast/ etc. for one account and another device for the other. 

I’ll have to try that. All of my attempts have automatically signed into xfinity here, I’ll see if I can manually sign into Midco instead. Thx all!

4 hours ago, brianvf said:

Haha, I'll be in northern AZ where the weather forecast shows 5-8" of snow to hit on Thurs/Fri.  Nothing like when I lived in ND but I would love to watch a couple UND wins while snowed in.  :) 

Just moved back to GF after 30 years in AZ(Phoenix), got FSN on FUBO free trial for Goopher series, NCHC.TV for everything else. Don't miss the heat, pollution, allergies, 2 million people in a desert, as long as I got Sioux hockey on TV (or IRL if I get tix).  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, cgcharvel said:

Just moved back to GF after 30 years in AZ(Phoenix), got FSN on FUBO free trial for Goopher series, NCHC.TV for everything else. Don't miss the heat, pollution, allergies, 2 million people in a desert, as long as I got Sioux hockey on TV (or IRL if I get tix).  

Hey, welcome back to God's country!

17 hours ago, Brett0909 said:

I’ll have to try that. All of my attempts have automatically signed into xfinity here, I’ll see if I can manually sign into Midco instead. Thx all!

I'm going to try Sluggers and/or Lucky 7 in Kirkland. The annual alumni games have been held at Lucky 7 in the past (although not for a couple years) but have been at Sluggers recently. Lucky 7 might be the best bet since one of their managers is from North Dakota and is happy to find a Sioux game if asked. Unfortunately I won't be able to watch the Thursday game - something about that family thing. Don't know if either of them will be open on Thanksgiving.

2 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I'm going to try Sluggers and/or Lucky 7 in Kirkland. The annual alumni games have been held at Lucky 7 in the past (although not for a couple years) but have been at Sluggers recently. Lucky 7 might be the best bet since one of their managers is from North Dakota and is happy to find a Sioux game if asked. Unfortunately I won't be able to watch the Thursday game - something about that family thing. Don't know if either of them will be open on Thanksgiving.

Good to know, thx for the tip! If they have the game on, we just might see you there. 

FWIW I finally called Midco and found out they had a problem with my credentials due to moving a couple times over the years which is why FSN didn’t show up on the channels lineup in the Fox Sports Go app. Got that all sorted and now I’m good to stream the game from my laptop, FireTv or phone. Thx for confirming this should be possible, I was starting to get annoyed. 

6 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

People are going to have to start dropping their ask price

Have already seen people who paid $85 face value plue fees selling for $50...also have seen Gofs fans on GPL giving away tickets for free.  With the weather and the holiday, prices will continue to plummet...if you want to go you should be able to get tix for little or nothing.

9 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Have already seen people who paid $85 face value plue fees selling for $50...also have seen Gofs fans on GPL giving away tickets for free.  With the weather and the holiday, prices will continue to plummet...if you want to go you should be able to get tix for little or nothing.

I learned back during the last game of the rivalry in the WCHA to wait until near gametime to buy tickets at Marriuci. Rewind back to when we were playing the last game in the rivalry before they took a break and you'd think selling 2 tickets outside the arena would be a cinch, right? Nope, missed the first couple minutes of the game trying to sell them outside for $20/piece. No takers to the last game of the biggest rivalry in college hockey, cities folks are very fickle and if they see a cloud out of place or a threat of rain/wind/pollen alert they will ditch their plans to go to the games. 

On 11/26/2019 at 8:17 PM, Brett0909 said:

If you log in to midco and do the chat feature they are very helpful. They have Thanksgiving hours posted on the website...I think they closed at midnight tonight.