SiouxSports.com Forum

Kato GDT

Oxbow6

47 minutes ago, ThompHockey said:

Barry lost Wilkie because he played Simmonson over him. Now we have Judd losing time to johnson!?!?!? How is barry this blind to talent or is it just playing favorites?

Simonson had more points his first two years than Wilkie did, and was more responsible defensively with a much better plus/minus.  So I assume you weren’t one of the fans that was hard on Wilkie because of his lack of scoring?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

UND won both the SOG and faceoffs last year and it didn't get them much. Losing the faceoff battle as badly as they did this weekend will result in a lot of losses if it continues this season.

Agree with you 100%...my comment was meant as facetiousness due to the emphasis put on some in the, ahem, media, on shots on goal. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, burd said:

It's pretty illogical to think the team played well last weekend in our own rink against one of the weakest teams in the country and that they played poorly this weekend against the #2 team in their rink.   But a lot of people just start with outcome and work backward based purely on emotion.  

This will be a good learning experience having gone into a really good team’s barn this early in the season and playing two closely contested games. Even though we didn’t come away with a win, I bet this series will help prepare us, especially down the road when going on the road in the first half of the season, facing the likes of Denver, Western, and St. Cloud. 

10 minutes ago, burd said:

It's pretty illogical to think the team played well last weekend in our own rink against one of the weakest teams in the country and that they played poorly this weekend against the #2 team in their rink.   But a lot of people just start with outcome and work backward based purely on emotion.  

This is extremely accurate.

4 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

This will be a good learning experience having gone into a really good team’s barn this early in the season and playing two closely contested games. Even though we didn’t come away with a win, I bet this series will help prepare us, especially down the road when going on the road in the first half of the season, facing the likes of Denver, Western, and St. Cloud. 

That's a good perspective.  Last night seemed like a pretty good showing, and by the sound of it we played decent tonight too.  Against a tough opponent on their ice.  Coming away with a single point seems disappointing, but it may motivate the team and end up being a good thing to happen this early in the season.  We shall see!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bcblues said:

That's a good perspective.  Last night seemed like a pretty good showing, and by the sound of it we played decent tonight too.  Against a tough opponent on their ice.  Coming away with a single point seems disappointing, but it may motivate the team and end up being a good thing to happen this early in the season.  We shall see!

Yeah.  After 120 minutes of hockey on their ice, they were one goal worse than the second best team in the country.  Hard not to believe you are a legitimate contender after that.   Now they have to learn how to win those games.

I don't know what you call IIQ (ice intelligence quotient), but maybe this team has a good one.  

53 minutes ago, burd said:

Completely agree.  That's an experienced team that doesn't lose at home.  If we beat Canisius 20-0 both nights they're crappy, and if we found a way to beat Mankato 5-1 they "aren't as good as we thought they were".  

Never happy with a loss, but I feel a helluva lot better 4 games into this year than after 4 last year.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Simonson had more points his first two years than Wilkie did, and was more responsible defensively with a much better plus/minus.  So I assume you weren’t one of the fans that was hard on Wilkie because of his lack of scoring?

? Simmonson was absolutely terrible on defense.  He played 4 years at und and had 6 goals.... he will go down as one of the worst players to ever pass though the program

Wilkie played half his freshman season and had 5 goals. He had size and actually played defense so i have no idea why your trying to make !@#$ up

3 minutes ago, ThompHockey said:

? Simmonson was absolutely terrible on defense.  He played 4 years at und and had 6 goals.... he will go down as one of the worst players to ever pass though the program

So, you're 90 and have had season tickets all your life?

12 minutes ago, ThompHockey said:

Wilkie played half his freshman season and had 5 goals. He had size and actually played defense so i have no idea why your trying to make !@#$ up

Simonson plus 10 his first two years, while Wilkie was minus 6, despite playing more on offensive lines. Who is making stuff up? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tnt said:

Simonson plus 10 his first two years, while Wilkie was minus 6, despite playing more on offensive lines. Who is making stuff 

+/-  doesnt mean anything for simmonson. Every plus he got was because he was lucky enough too be on the ice when his teammates were scoring. 6 goals in 4 years of starting on a college hockey team........ 

17 minutes ago, ThompHockey said:

+/-  doesnt mean anything for simmonson. Every plus he got was because he was lucky enough too be on the ice when his teammates were scoring. 6 goals in 4 years of starting on a college hockey team........ 

Jeez, did Simonson steal your wife/girlfriend or something? ;):p

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Jeez, did Simonson steal your wife/girlfriend or something? ;):p

Got a little too into simmonson bashing but he cost us a really good player and now im worried we are seeing the same with Judd. At least Caufield is a local kid, maybe is family can donate enough too get him a starting spot like simmonsons did(last one i couldnt help myself)

• Downvote 1