SiouxSports.com Forum

Canisius College @ UND -- Friday/Saturday

stoneySIOUX

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Someone be sure to send Canisius the weather forecast. ;) 

https://www.weather.gov/fgf/

I'm sure a team from Buffalo will be scared of snow

The 30-year average winter snowfall total in Buffalo is 94.4 inches, according to National Weather Service data from 1981 to 2010.

Grand Forks gets fewer than 43 inches per year.

• Upvote 1

Funny thing is we ended last season’s home schedule with a blizzard against Omaha, and get the same conditions for our first home series.  There have been times I’ve worn shorts into the first home series.  Not a big fan of really short summers.

1 hour ago, Sodbuster said:

I'm a native North Dakotan and I'm scared of snow in October.

I had planned to drive up to Metigoshe tomorrow for a couple days work on property we own there and then drive back to Wisconsin.   I'm not gonna go.   Don't need to drive a long way in that kind of weather. 

Maybe the scoreboard 

18 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Yes, However, Snow in October might surprise them, so they should be prepared and bring their winter jackets and hats and mittens. 

What should surprise them is the scoreboard, the rink, the noise, the most knowledgeable fans, the level we will play at.
What they should remember is not the snow, rather the above, and how they were thrashed.

Berry presser yesterday. Said Michaud is “relentless” in practice which is rubbing off on the younger players like Pinto. Said Blaisdell is also practicing with that same “tenacity”, mentioned Senden and Smith in the same sentence. 

Also said Canisius played more physical and heavier than us and prevented good looks 

Going into that first regular season series you really don't know what you have, regardless how well or poorly the Manitoba game went.  We won't learn this weekend whether we can play with the top NCHC teams, but we will know if this group can be counted on to play up to its ability. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Canisius better get their asses here.  These games need to be played and UND needs to take them to the woodshed!!!

Agreed. I asked earlier if anyone knows when they're scheduled to fly in, no replied so I guess no one knows.