SiouxSports.com Forum

EWU Game Day!

Mama Sue

43 minutes ago, Goose15 said:

My thoughts on a potential new coaching staff for next year. 

Head Coach - Bodie Reeder (ties to Eastern Washington, currently at North Texas)
Offensive Coordinator- Freund (Good potential, relationship with current offensive recruits, developed schuster pretty well)
OL - Pawlak (have some good recruits coming in next year)
Defensive Coordinator- defensive position coach from NDSU.
DB- Stepps (#1 pass defense)

Everyone else is new hires.

North Texas is markedly improving its staff and team after their loss to Portland State a couple of years ago.

There was recently an article that SMU better watch out.

Here's an article on him:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.texasfootball.com/amp/article/2019/04/16/how-bodie-reeder-plans-to-build-winning-offense-at-north-texas%3fref=article_preview_title

Would be a very tough get.

1 hour ago, Tangolou said:

This is unfortunately true...

6 years into the Bubba era and I can only think of 1 position group that is actually better than it was with the previous staff and that is cornerback. My question is why? 

A. Not able to land the better recruits?

B. Not identifying which recuits are actually better than others?

C. Not Developing the recuits they get?

D. All the above?

The fact is that the QB position has been bad for a long time here. Even more obvious is the offensive and defensive lines have been very weak. We need bigger, stronger linemen. I am so tired of watching this same problem continue year after year...

I don't know - it seems like we are recruiting the very best DII athletes we can find.

5 hours ago, Hans8891 said:

I don’t think we can be surprised that our qb and wr play is poor.  First, from a recruiting standpoint, what interest are you going to get from top recruits at those positions when all you hear out of Bubba year after year is “4 yards and a cloud of dust.”  Kenny Golladay left because the program would never have utilized his abilities.  In the first half, Kett was averaging 2.5 yards per (rare) completed pass.  For years, we have refused to stretch the field, although Danny certainly has been better and could possibly change that reputation.  What qb or wr with top talent dreams of every catch at or within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage.  We have receivers that all fit the same mold.  Tall receivers that can’t separate. Again, difficult to recruit downfield threats when they would never expect to see a ball downfield  We have shifted to a pass first scheme this year but don’t have the personnel to match.  Kett has never been that guy and certainly was not ready for EW game. Tommy showed glimpses of what can be done in that scheme.  If they really go back to Kett again, Chaves will almost be at the point of stepping in.  Love Bubba for all of his good traits, but there comes a time when he has to step forward and be a good coach which includes making the right personnel decisions - not just the union mentality of seniority...

Galloway left when he found out Bubba was coach.  No way Galloway would get pro attention under Scheigert's lack of QB throwing and WR action.

12 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Galloway left when he found out Bubba was coach.  No way Galloway would get pro attention under Scheigert's lack of QB throwing and WR action.

Pretty certain he was granted a release by the AD before a head coach was named.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

He would have been drafted out of Mussmans offense. The stats speak for themselves. 

He may or may not have been drafted out of UND.  I think the move to NIU had to help in his development due to the competition and coaching staff.

• Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, g_mandakota said:

Kalen DeBoer is now the Offensive Coordinator at Indiana, making $800,000.

https://iuhoosiers.com/coaches.aspx?rc=2623

https://saturdaytradition.com/indiana-football/contract-details-for-new-indiana-oc-kalen-deboer-released/

He was the head coach of University of Sioux Falls that upset UND in 2009.

Wow, didn’t know that.  Indiana, Fresno St and EMU saw major offensive improvement when he was there.

2 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Kalen DeBoer was the obvious choice if UND wasn't committed to being Homerville, USA.  

He would be a spendy hire now. he is making 800k/year as Offensive Coordinator at Indiana with potential bonuses pushing his salary over a million/year.