SiouxSports.com Forum

EWU Game Day!

Mama Sue

12 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Well maybe, but I'm not ready to put offensive woes on Freund at this point either. To your point, it goes higher, and I think a lot of that is Bubba and recruiting. O line is still a problem, D line is way to small. QB has never been emphasized. 

We recruit the best DII players available.

46 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

sad, but true. I'll still watch, and I'll still cheer, but it is tough to have high hopes when the program lacks proper leadership.

I actually though Bubba should have been gone before this year. He could have fired Rudy a year earlier, but chose to hold on to a guy that couldn't do the job. At that point he was just as much at fault as Rudy was. Getting rid of Rudy when he did was a year too late as far as I am concerned. 

Now Chaves will be in a similar position. Is he willing to make a change, or let the coaching issue linger longer than it needs to. If you can get the right coach, you can change a program fairly quickly. UND has just had an issue with finding that right coach.

The Weber coach was hired either the same year as Bubba, or a year before or after I think. Weber was a doormat, I believe they lost their first 8 or so games of their coaches first year, and guess who his first win came against.......Bubba.   Weber has now been a perennial top 5-10 team the past few years, we have one playoff appearance.  Hauck at Montana is in his second year, just rolled Davis at their place.  We'll see how Bubba does against Davis, hardly doubt we win by 25.  

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Hockeygirl97 said:

Don't football teams have players only, closed door meetings?  Seems like a good time for them to call one.... while they still have a chance to save the season.  Seems like they work 90% of the time in hockey....if you have good captains. 

UND men's hockey team had one a week a couple seasons ago..... didn't do much with that crew.

• Upvote 1

On 9/28/2019 at 6:03 PM, geaux_sioux said:

Why does our punter wear Nike shoes? We have an adidas deal. Not a good look for us, makes us look like a Hs team.

Many athletes across college football do this. Especially kickers/punters. It's like a baseball glove and coaches understand that. Even FBS schools allow this.

6 hours ago, Hawks_Fan_24 said:

Many athletes across college football do this. Especially kickers/punters. It's like a baseball glove and coaches understand that. Even FBS schools allow this.

He should try some Adidas shoes though.....maybe he'd get some better distance, anything is worth a try at this point! :D

20 hours ago, Hawks_Fan_24 said:

Id like your to provide some examples from major programs. It’s the kind of thing I notice and I can’t think of it happening at any big programs.

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2019 at 11:42 AM, geaux_sioux said:

Id like your to provide some examples from major programs. It’s the kind of thing I notice and I can’t think of it happening at any big programs.

Sorry for the late response. I've been to camps across the country and what the FBS guys do is black out the shoes (probably something we should have them do). Arkansas state is a program I remember talking to that allowed it.