SiouxSports.com Forum

2019/2020 Early Departures

cberkas

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

@Wilbur sent Berry, @Oxbow6, and me a group text earlier today.  We all three voted “OUT” and coach gave Shaw the pink slip 10 minutes later.

#GettingThingsDone

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

#GOBC

You can't tell me that gfhockey wasn't on that text string...

• Upvote 1

Current list:

https://www.uscho.com/pro-signings-by-ncaa-players-2019-offseason/

Hockey East is really taking a beating this off season with departures, with other top Seniors. Looking at last years records:

1. UMASS:  Seems to be in pretty good shape, but lose top two scorers Makar and Pritchard (SR). Pretty good proven depth returning.

2. Northeastern: Lose top 3 scorers (all above 30 points) and a stud goalie

3. Providence: Lose 1, 3, 4, 6 and Senior goalie. 

4. Lowell: Lose top 2 and Top D. Their point totals look like UNDs this year.

5. BU - Lose 5 early, under .500 record last year

3 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

Still looking for Samberg, Wolf and Perunovich to leave as well.

It still might happen, but Anderson to LA might have been a little premature by their writer. Matt Wellen (Duluth sports writer), talked with Anderson after the LA Kings guy tweet and Anderson said he was still deciding.

16 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Samberg announced that he is staying for his JR season as well for UMD.
Just Perunovich left as an early departure risk for them...

Perunovich, Anderson and Shepard were the only ones I REALLY wanted to go. Don't get me wrong, I wish they all left, but those three are the most to fear, IMO. So, two out of three would be cool by me :)

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

This could be addition by subtraction here. Nothing against Hoff, but he never performed to a high level or consistently at UND, there has been plenty of talk about how that recruiting class was a miss in several areas. This one doesn’t bother me at all.

that being said, best of luck to the guy!

It’s too bad we never got to call him “The Hoff” Had that one ready to go if he was a stud.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

This could be addition by subtraction here. Nothing against Hoff, but he never performed to a high level or consistently at UND, there has been plenty of talk about how that recruiting class was a miss in several areas. This one doesn’t bother me at all.

that being said, best of luck to the guy!

Agreed, he never quite played like many of us thought he would.....but far from an addition by subtraction.  He would have been a senior, he's still developing.  Having another senior to play a 2-4 line role would have been a plus.