SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs donors... again?

Frozen4sioux

8 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Well someone is ticked, obviously! Oh to have so much wealth to be able to say that!! Sounds like this has been brewing since last year. Time will tell.

Engelstad family member was not calling for firing, when first asked, but then said yes when pressed.  Clearly states that they are not going to do business with Kennedy.

57 minutes ago, SlowHand said:

Engelstad family says they’ll withhold donations to UND, calls for President Kennedy to be fired

Is this something new or has Kennedy always had friction with the Engelstads?

https://www.inforum.com/entertainment/podcasts/979524-Engelstad-family-says-they’ll-withhold-donations-to-UND-calls-for-President-Kennedy-to-be-fired

I suggest you do some research. There’s this fancy new thing called “Google”.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, SlowHand said:

What did Kennedy do to cause this big of a uproar?

In his short time at UND, Kennedy has pissed off the donor class that UND needs to survive. The Engelstad's aren't the only ones that are upset with Kennedy. 

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

... his background as a conservative politician, his business experience,  the fact that he was NOT a lifelong "academic", ... 

The media is not liking an outsider businessman in a powerful role they think they should have sway over.

Shocked. 

1 hour ago, SlowHand said:

Engelstad family says they’ll withhold donations to UND, calls for President Kennedy to be fired

Is this something new or has Kennedy always had friction with the Engelstads?

https://www.inforum.com/entertainment/podcasts/979524-Engelstad-family-says-they’ll-withhold-donations-to-UND-calls-for-President-Kennedy-to-be-fired

So in other words, KEM has promised to withhold something that wasn't in the cards in the first place?

Wow, what a loss for UND! (sarcasm) :silly: #cantmakeitup

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Goon said:

In his short time at UND, Kennedy has pissed off the donor class that UND needs to survive. The Engelstad's aren't the only ones that are upset with Kennedy. 

Maybe we can get Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to replace Kennedy.  She would confiscate all the wealth of the Engelstads anyway as a politician.

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

What most bothers me is McGarry is arm-twisting both UNLV and UND. 

She must be pretty good to think she should be picking presidents everywhere she looks. 

This is why she isn't worth all the trouble.

We need a forensic accountant to look into the finances of the REA Complex to figure out where all the money goes each year. And I don't want to hear that "It's none of our business" either. All the organizations that help govern the REA Complex are non-profit organizations; thus, their tax filings are public records and cannot be hidden from view. And the REA Complex exists to serve UND's interests, not the other way around.

It is time UND receives the full benefit of this complex. Not some spoiled heiress in Las Vegas.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

What also bothers me?

Gifts with strings. 

Why'd the word extortion just jump to mind. 

I have said this before: A gift with strings attached is not a gift, it is extortion.

A relationship based almost entirely on butt-kissing and extortion is not healthy for anyone (either an individual or an organization).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Maybe we can get Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to replace Kennedy.  She would confiscate all the wealth of the Engelstads anyway as a politician.

That's just silly talk. 

17 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Is everything political to you? Read the board guidelines again, please.

Come on, don't be such a snowflake. 

9 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I have said this before: A gift with strings attached is not a gift, it is extortion.

A relationship based almost entirely on butt-kissing and extortion is not healthy for anyone (either an individual or an organization).

You don't have to kiss anyone's butt, but you don't have to be a complete asshat either. And I've seen nothing from Kennedy over the years to indicate he is nothing but a self centered asshat.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, siouxkid12 said:

It needed to be cut and if it wasn’t Kennedy, it was going to be someone else. The SBOHE knew this was going to happen and placed a big pile of “sh!t” in front of him.

Would have been nice if he removed the pile, instead he added to it.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Is everything political to you? Read the board guidelines again, please.

No.  You have it backwards.  Everything should be seen from a divine spiritual lens.  Most politics is intended to impose their own devilish selfish views that are opposite a divine view. 

The contract between UND and REA is what we must abide by.  It is reasonable to approach the appropriate powers and attempt tp renegotiate. It does no one any good to get in a pissing match with alumni nor with donors.  If the answer is no, shake hands, thanks them for their support and have a beverage or dinner to see if there are opportunities for your donors to consider in the future. Remind them you wouldn't be doing your job if you don't at least discuss the possibility of improving the University's position. Obviously we are dealing with two large egos. One holds the purse strings to a substantial opportunity.  A better approach may have been to invite McGary to participate in strategic planning and present opportunities to not only the Englestad Foundation, but other major donors. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

There is going to be a major announcement this Thursday at the Ag School.  Rumored to be possibly their largest donation in history. I have been invited to attend.  I will likely find something else to do. I suspect it will be open to public. It will be at Barry Hall.