SiouxSports.com Forum

ND High School Hockey 2018-19

MoSiouxFan

Just a reminder of my predictions 

First Round: This might be the best First round I have seen in awhile. The E1 vs W4 will always be ugly, and probably wouldnt have been AS bad if it would've been J-town but somehow Mandan squeaked in.

Central 12 vs Mandan 0 ------ Central will be trying hard not to make it worse than this

Bismarck 2  vs South-Shanley  4 --------This should be a tight one but SS has improved a lot in the last 2 months, I just don't see High getting past them. 

RR 3 vs Century 4  ---------This should be another great game, but Century is proving to be a top 3 team in the state and RR has only shown flashes. 

Davies 7 vs Minot 2  ------- Minot has played strong as of late, but their scoring abilities have limited their potential. It's also hard to ignore the lonnnnnng history of Minot blowing up at State. 

Not much you can do but keep scoring when a team is this bad.  The kids still want tournament goals.  I don't think they're intentionally playing in a way to run up the score, but when you have a shot you still have to take it.  Mandan is literally just standing around watching at this point.  Thank god the clock is running.

Just now, Dave Berger said:

In 23 games this season (including today's state quarterfinal), Central has outscored opponents 189-21, scoring well over eight goals per game while allowing less than one. That's just bonkers.

Dave

Better yet, they had to cancel 2 games due to repetitive bad weather, otherwise they'd most likely be into the 200+ range by now. 

2 minutes ago, Telly33 said:

One of the crazier Central stats:  EGF & Orono are both the #1 seeds in their respective section tournaments this weekend.  Central beat those two teams by a combined score of 23-3 this season.

Cue all the Minnesota hockey snobs with the "That was early in the season, it would be different if the games happened now" rationalization. :silly:

Central could win the Class A tournament this year in Minnesota......and be competitive in the AA tournament.