SiouxSports.com Forum

Pluto or Midco tomorrow?

Finn flick

29 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I am being forced to watch a winless hockey program at 7:00.  FB is at 8:00, does suite level have Midco?  If not, does Ralph have WIFI for the Pluto option on my phone?  Thanks if anyone knows!!

The Ralph will have the game on alternate monitors around the concourse. Not sure what is in the suites, but would guess that they have tv's that they can hook up to the game for you. 

The wifi gets a bit slow with lots of people on it,  not sure it would stream pluto on your phone,  but its worth a try.

I'm taking a small radio and ear buds along so i can listen. If hockey goes poorly, may walk out to watch on a monitor. Or can run iheart inside the Ralph,  assume it's on 100.3?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sprig said:

The Ralph will have the game on alternate monitors around the concourse. Not sure what is in the suites, but would guess that they have tv's that they can hook up to the game for you. 

The wifi gets a bit slow with lots of people on it,  not sure it would stream pluto on your phone,  but its worth a try

At The Ralph, there will be a huge on site fan interest in the FB game. Also, those in attendance that are falsely labeled as hockey only fans will also be adding to the stress on the wifi.

From the GF Herald concerning today's game. The game is on Midco but nobody told the Herald. Too bad because I wouldn't have know about the game being on Midco except it was mentioned on this site.

image.png.4fb16fb90e93972bb2f023ff0e6bc250.png

The UND website doesn't list the game being televised either.

image.thumb.png.c43aade6578c9d567b4864ff0bebcb9e.png

UND's facebook mentions the Midco broadcast

image.png.7cf3ed225272a7e6503908aa298538ff.png

I tried to watch last weeks game on watchbigsky and it started midway through the 3rd Q.  I could not get to the start of the game.  I really enjoy the big sky but the move to eversports and then pluto TV are steps backwards from the America setup they had.

1 minute ago, FSSD said:

I tried to watch last weeks game on watchbigsky and it started midway through the 3rd Q.  I could not get to the start of the game.  I really enjoy the big sky but the move to eversports and then pluto TV are steps backwards from the America setup they had.

I havent had much issues with Either platform. The Idaho broadcast goes just black at times during commercial breaks which is annoying but thats on tge video feed not pluto

2 hours ago, Wildfan said:

I havent had much issues with Either platform. The Idaho broadcast goes just black at times during commercial breaks which is annoying but thats on tge video feed not pluto

Pluto constantly pauses and buffers for a few seconds, consistantly.  Zero issues with espn3 or any other platform.

3 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Pluto constantly pauses and buffers for a few seconds, consistantly.  Zero issues with espn3 or any other platform.

My Pluto was actually pretty good tonight......never froze and was good all the way through.

Man, those Sac State announcers were middle school quality. It makes me appreciate our TV guys who do a great job, especially in comparison to some of the other Big Sky TV guys. I recall Idaho State's announcers from last year's game in ID was terrible, too.

11 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I thought it was Sac St who had pretty good commentators a couple years ago. Game was a blow out and they kept it entertaining with self deprecating humor and stories. Not so much yesterday. 

Yea, what happened to those guys? Were they the radio crew and this was some second rate local tv crew?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

I thought it was Sac St who had pretty good commentators a couple years ago. Game was a blow out and they kept it entertaining with self deprecating humor and stories. Not so much yesterday. 

That's right....those guys two years ago were hilarious!!  The main guy yesterday was alright.......but yeah color guy yesterday that was supposed to add stuff, yeah he wasn't that good.  Sounded like they pulled the JV coach from a local high school team to add commentary.   

21 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Those were the radio guys and as mentioned are much better than what we got Saturday night. The color guy sounded like he slipped into a deep depression.