SiouxSports.com Forum

5 Reasons UW wins next week

uwhuskytskeet

Hi Fighting Dakota fans, looking forward to our matchup on Saturday.  Nothing better than a late summer football game in Seattle. Anyone that makes the trip should expect to be welcomed with open arms. If you need a cold "soda" be sure to ask one of us dwags.

Anyway, I really think UW has a chance to go all the way this year, and that starts with a win this weekend.  I've seen your upsets over the years, Iowa, Kansas State, Michigan etc, but our Dwags will be ready. Here’s 5 reasons why I like my DAWGS to win.

1. Jack “Cobra” Browning. He is the best player on the field, enough said on that. He has 4 years of high school and 3 of college under his belt and will do whatever he can to win the game.

2. Offensive Line. We average a weight of 332 across the line, and they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. MacGeary, Tray Adams, Center, Ossai, Harris. These boys have an attitude and are ready to rumble!!!

3. Lake. A new defensive scheme and a new attitude. Everyone is speaking out about the difference between our game plan on defense vs Auburn and our game planning since then. you will see a much improved defense on 9/8.

4. Speed, speed, speed. this is the fastest team washington has had this century, maybe since 1991! John Ross XIV, Charlie McClutchins, Jake Kaho, Savell Azeem Ahmed, Myles Gaskin, Louis Rankin. The newbies will be inexperienced but we bring a new dimension that the program has not had in years, speed.

5. Time of possession. I think we can win the time of possession battle in this one. the more we can control the ball and keep our defense off the field, the greater chance we’ll have to win.

I think UW wins this one rather easily, say… 34-17???

6 hours ago, uwhuskytskeet said:

Hi Fighting Dakota fans, looking forward to our matchup on Saturday.  Nothing better than a late summer football game in Seattle. Anyone that makes the trip should expect to be welcomed with open arms. If you need a cold "soda" be sure to ask one of us dwags.

Anyway, I really think UW has a chance to go all the way this year, and that starts with a win this weekend.  I've seen your upsets over the years, Iowa, Kansas State, Michigan etc, but our Dwags will be ready. Here’s 5 reasons why I like my DAWGS to win.

1. Jack “Cobra” Browning. He is the best player on the field, enough said on that. He has 4 years of high school and 3 of college under his belt and will do whatever he can to win the game.

2. Offensive Line. We average a weight of 332 across the line, and they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. MacGeary, Tray Adams, Center, Ossai, Harris. These boys have an attitude and are ready to rumble!!!

3. Lake. A new defensive scheme and a new attitude. Everyone is speaking out about the difference between our game plan on defense vs Auburn and our game planning since then. you will see a much improved defense on 9/8.

4. Speed, speed, speed. this is the fastest team washington has had this century, maybe since 1991! John Ross XIV, Charlie McClutchins, Jake Kaho, Savell Azeem Ahmed, Myles Gaskin, Louis Rankin. The newbies will be inexperienced but we bring a new dimension that the program has not had in years, speed.

5. Time of possession. I think we can win the time of possession battle in this one. the more we can control the ball and keep our defense off the field, the greater chance we’ll have to win.

If it's 34-17 we will ALL be shocked.  Will be fun, regardless.  Here's to a clean, injury free game!

7 hours ago, uwhuskytskeet said:

Unfortunately I think you may be mixing up the North Dakota schools. UND has one FBS upset in beating Wyoming a few years back. I think most UND fans don’t have a whole lot of faith in this one being close. 

7 hours ago, uwhuskytskeet said:

Probably  need to revise this essay before posting it on Utah's site. Perhaps you should just have UW mail the game check to UND and call it good. Although it  seems UW overlooked Auburn in preparation  for UND. Also might want to do a better job of researching a team before you post on their fan site. Enjoy your season and thanks for the visit.

8 hours ago, uwhuskytskeet said:

As addressed further down the board. Wrong team. No biggie, happens a lot. Hopefully that changes in the near future. 

I truly enjoy the posts fans of our opponents post on this site. 

Brings hype and build up for the coming games. 

Don’t be a stranger and please come back again 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

Unfortunately I think you may be mixing up the North Dakota schools. UND has one FBS upset in beating Wyoming a few years back. I think most UND fans don’t have a whole lot of faith in this one being close. 

Plus the only Michigan team NDSU beat was Central Michigan.

1 hour ago, uwhuskytskeet said:

I understand I made a mistake but the use of abbreviations is completely unnecessary. I still hope the game is injury free.

Is anyone coming out to watch the game?

There will be some making the trip. Unfortunately I’m not one of them. Both options blew up the same day.

how ever. Give us some insight on must go  to eating and drinking establishments, including burgers. 

Any special local brews we need to know about?

Public transportaion and game day parking. 

Tailgating. We crave details on tailgating. 

4 hours ago, Fry Bread said:

There will be some making the trip. Unfortunately I’m not one of them. Both options blew up the same day.

how ever. Give us some insight on must go  to eating and drinking establishments, including burgers. 

Any special local brews we need to know about?

Public transportaion and game day parking. 

Tailgating. We crave details on tailgating. 

Check out The Ram in U-Village. They have a Ribs 'N Rickshaw special, get a rack of ribs and a rickshaw ride to the game.

• Upvote 2

On 9/2/2018 at 7:28 PM, uwhuskytskeet said:

Check out The Ram in U-Village. They have a Ribs 'N Rickshaw special, get a rack of ribs and a rickshaw ride to the game.

Reviewed June 29, 2016

Several times a year, I eat at The Ram Restaurant in University Village in Seattle. I've been doing this since it opened and it has been a "go to" restaurant because of its location and good food. In 2015, I believe in the month of May, they changed their menu and it has been downhill ever since. Yesterday I met friends there for lunch and it was a big disappointment. We were four adults, each ordering something different and there were problems with each entree. I had the Olympus Chicken Salad - no seasoning on the grilled chicken, the raw onions were so thick I had to cut them into small pieces to eat [one piece of onion was the entire center of the onion half an inch thick, totally unpalatable], the peppers were from a jar, the description of the salad just did not fit with what was presented to me. Another guest had a sandwich where Mayonnaise was put on the bread and then fried followed by adding the sandwich ingredients. However, some strange spice was used making the flavor a bit odd. Another guest had the tuna melt, how difficult is that to make, but again everything had an odd taste. As we were there at 11:15 AM we couldn't understand why everything tasted so greasy. I could understand if it was 11 PM and the fryer had been used all day. The French fries which in the past were fresh, firm, and tasty are now limp with tons of grease. The Ram has always been a very popular place to meet for lunch or dinner with friends. One always had to wait in line - sometimes up to an hour for a table. That is not the case any longer. Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day but there were many open tables during the lunch hour, no one sitting outside at all. Two things need to be done to bring this restaurant back to its glory days. Competent help in the kitchen [a Chopped Junior Champion could prepare better dishes than what was presented to us] and maybe returning to a menu that worked. Not all of us want current trendy items like kale or quinoa in so many dishes on the menu. It's time to find another "go to" place for lunch or dinner.

On 9/2/2018 at 1:07 AM, SiouxBoys said:

Thanks for the post. Everybody here is super excited to take on the Cougars. Congrats on the win over Wyoming this week. 

SiouxBoys, way to lasso this troll right out of the gate. Then, great job of "Back Trolling"!

All in so few words. This could be the best post YTD!

• Upvote 2

On 9/2/2018 at 12:48 AM, uwhuskytskeet said:

If they beat us by that score, I would be very concerned if I was Washington's head coach.  A top 10 FBS team beating an FCS opponent by 17....that's almost as bad as an FCS team beating the worst team is the FCS 35-7!

• Upvote 1