Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
cberkas

Early Departures 2018

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Walsh Hall said:

I don’t understand the CM hate. 

He's a gopher, of course he's going to be hated.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AJS said:

Yep, Minnesota isn't just losing a 30 point guy this year, he would have been an All-American next year if he would have stayed.

Poor Pull-up Mittelstadt, couldn't get his chin above the bar at the combine, and finished by not being able to get his a$$ out of a pothole on Selection Sunday.

I just looked at the PairWise and after this last weekends games, MN is now ranked 10th.  Remember the 0.0001 RPI. There's only one day a year the PairWise counts and that's the day MN was vulnerable, last team the bubble burst on. That was on NCAA's MH Selection Sunday. That morning Mittelstadt's college hockey career came short on reaching the bar and long on missing the holes in the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kids in the NHL... trash talking thw kid or program doesnt really mean much anymore... 

I mean ... hes in the NHL. good on him.... wish I would have had that much talent to make it... I vant do a pull up either now probly...

Who cares. Move on.... lets find next years Pull up hero or scooter crasher.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Kids in the NHL... trash talking thw kid or program doesnt really mean much anymore... 

I mean ... hes in the NHL. good on him.... wish I would have had that much talent to make it... I vant do a pull up either now probly...

Who cares. Move on.... lets find next years Pull up hero or scooter crasher.

 

I'll settle for lawn mower tossing at this point...

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cberkas said:

Denver's Dylan Gambrell signs his entry-level deal with San Jose. "We believe his speed, combined with his high-end hockey IQ, make him ready to be an NHL player," said Sharks GM Doug Wilson.

On the college commitment page that I referenced, DU has 10 recruits for this coming fall.  Not sure of their quality, but hard to expect DU will be as highly regarded this coming season with all of their potential player losses.  If Montgomery has any aspirations of going to the NHL, now may be the time to explore any opportunities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SCSU will have to lose more than Borgen if they're going to drop.  They return a lot currently...they'll be good again.
Unless the suffer from the DU-drop like the Pios did this year after returning everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, fsioux said:

On the college commitment page that I referenced, DU has 10 recruits for this coming fall.  Not sure of their quality, but hard to expect DU will be as highly regarded this coming season with all of their potential player losses.  If Montgomery has any aspirations of going to the NHL, now may be the time to explore any opportunities.

He could take over for the Avs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

What NHL jobs will be open or could be for Monty...

Tough to rag on Colorado with their turnaround.

 

Flyers fans want Hak fired 24/7 so there's the Flyers. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, brianvf said:

SCSU will have to lose more than Borgen if they're going to drop.  They return a lot currently...they'll be good again.
Unless the suffer from the DU-drop like the Pios did this year after returning everyone.

as long as they have mr potato head they aint doing squat (in the postseason)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Walsh Hall said:

I don’t understand the CM hate.  Lanky guys suck at pull-ups.  I guess you can bash Gretzky’s attitude for not lifting and saying he’s never seen a barbell score a goal.

I’m not sure what is more astounding here, that you are making a comparison between Gretzky and Mittlestadt, or that you are insinuating the game is the same now as it was then.

Plenty of comments and compliments on CM’s talent, but how can you not understand criticism of a high potential HS athlete that can’t do a pull up? It tells me he hasn’t put in the work that many others are willing to put in. It’s a character thing. Kid got by purely on talent which was fine for HS, but it’ll catch up with him. Had he put in some time in the weight room (which is beneficial and necessary in today’s game) imagine what he could have been as a freshman.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

I can't imagine any 18 yr old athlete unable to do multiple pull ups, is there any possible scenario where he would have tanked that portion?

What I heard is that it was an alignment issue. They fixed that and he started getting better at the pull ups.  However, he definitely bigger now than he was during the combine (judging by those pictures).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

What I heard is that it was an alignment issue. They fixed that and he started getting better at the pull ups.  However, he definitely bigger now than he was during the combine (judging by those pictures).

Meineke, or Tires Plus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Based on what I saw this weekend, they could very easily have won 2 games.

My point was we could have very well have been having this conversation 4 years ago about the 2014 team, but things went their way and they started the string of 3 straight Frozen Four’s that ended with the Natty. 

I get ya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cberkas said:

Flyers fans want Hak fired 24/7 so there's the Flyers. ;)

Most annoying fan base around. Gave Hak no credit for making the playoffs two years ago, blamed him for last years poor season, and has given him no credit for this years turnaround. I want him to be well cause I really like the guy but I don't want the fan base to have any happiness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

College hockey is a fickle mistress.  When she picks you, everything is roses.   When she picks someone else (which is usually), it's all thistle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

Most annoying fan base around. Gave Hak no credit for making the playoffs two years ago, blamed him for last years poor season, and has given him no credit for this years turnaround. I want him to be well cause I really like the guy but I don't want the fan base to have any happiness.

 Sounds vaguely like another fan base Hak has coached for. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

Most annoying fan base around. Gave Hak no credit for making the playoffs two years ago, blamed him for last years poor season, and has given him no credit for this years turnaround. I want him to be well cause I really like the guy but I don't want the fan base to have any happiness.

Philly sports fans are among the meanest, nastiness in all of sports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

Most annoying fan base around. Gave Hak no credit for making the playoffs two years ago, blamed him for last years poor season, and has given him no credit for this years turnaround. I want him to be well cause I really like the guy but I don't want the fan base to have any happiness.

Problem is Philadelphia is a major market.  1/2 of the teams make the playoffs every year.  His first year at Philly was solid.  Last year was not.  This year Philly is solid again but not great.  This isn't college where the locals will just keep patting him on the head and say wait til next year.  The results he has had would be fine if he was in Buffalo, Carolina, Florida, etc, but won't keep him behind the bench in Philly for long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×