SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2018

cberkas

8 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'm assuming this is a swipe and UND, but I'm gonna skim over it and agree. YEAH! I definitely hope DU's players don't develop!

Along with your assumption that the Yon's, Hoff's, and Bowens will out of nowhere go from middle of the road college producers to studs next year, at least you are 1 of 2 on assumptions now.  Except I was talking about Duluth.  Why do you have Denver on your mind all of the time? 

8 hours ago, TheFlop said:

Hopefully Duluth's incoming class doesn't develop until they are Juniors....or not develop at all.

^^^  would be real good, after the success of Duluth's development last year.

Sandelin has done well as of late, but needs to slip a little or could become a long term serious challenge for us. We can be a factor there and did win the last game vs Duluth, so UND starting a winning streak would be good. 

10 hours ago, TheFlop said:

Along with your assumption that the Yon's, Hoff's, and Bowens will out of nowhere go from middle of the road college producers to studs next year, at least you are 1 of 2 on assumptions now.  Except I was talking about Duluth.  Why do you have Denver on your mind all of the time? 

Yeah, because I said that. Alright, man. Whateverrrr :silly:

Anyway... LOL not sure why I said DU there, but I also hope their players don't develop, as well. 

9 hours ago, TheFlop said:

Lol no one expects those three to light the world on fire. I don’t think expecting two of those three to contribute 10 + points or so is asking too much. 

To the best of my knowledge both Schuldt and Tufte are still on the fence deciding if they'll turn pro. Taking into consideration other early departures / graduation losses for both teams, which player leaving would be more detrimental to their respective teams?

27 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Lol no one expects those three to light the world on fire. I don’t think expecting two of those three to contribute 10 + points or so is asking too much. 

Hoff needs to be way more than a 10 point guy. This team needs him to step up. 

I'd be good with 10 points from Yon. Bowen should be a bit higher, too. Maybe 15ish. 

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Hoff needs to be way more than a 10 point guy. This team needs him to step up. 

I'd be good with 10 points from Yon. Bowen should be a bit higher, too. Maybe 15ish. 

I used 10 points as the minimum, in my defense. 

I don’t think you can expect 10 points from someone (Yon) who can barely crack the lineup as it is.

Bowen had 5 points this season, 15 would be stretching it for me, but I could see in the 10-15 range being reasonable. 

Hoff, I’d like to see him toughen up a bit so he’s not injured or hurt every other week. I think he could reach 20 points if he can stay healthy. 

They dont need to light up the score sheet, but they need to be better than they were this year or they’ll be in the stands. 

3 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I used 10 points as the minimum, in my defense. 

I don’t think you can expect 10 points from someone (Yon) who can barely crack the lineup as it is.

Bowen had 5 points this season, 15 would be stretching it for me, but I could see in the 10-15 range being reasonable. 

Hoff, I’d like to see him toughen up a bit so he’s not injured or hurt every other week. I think he could reach 20 points if he can stay healthy. 

They dont need to light up the score sheet, but they need to be better than they were this year or they’ll be in the stands. 

I think Yon should be taking a step toward being able to contribute. Bowen had 10 as a freshman and missed significant time due to injury last year. IMO, he should be a fourth-line staple and be around the 15 mark. Maybe even 20. 

We need Hoff to be at 20 at a minimum, I think.

• Upvote 1

When talking Hoff, Yon & Bowen, Hoff is the one player I think has the chance to improve dramatically. Still like Bowen's game as a 4th line energy guy, Yon is just a flat out miss. I don't understand (especially after being a non-factor in juniors), what kind of role the coaching staff thought he could play. One thing is clear, the coaching staff can't have another forward class like the soon to be junior class. Talk about a weight around the teams neck when you have 4 guys that give you virtually nothing offensively. Puts too much stress on the other classes.

• Upvote 1

On 4/18/2018 at 9:35 AM, AJS said:

When talking Hoff, Yon & Bowen, Hoff is the one player I think has the chance to improve dramatically. Still like Bowen's game as a 4th line energy guy, Yon is just a flat out miss. I don't understand (especially after being a non-factor in juniors), what kind of role the coaching staff thought he could play. One thing is clear, the coaching staff can't have another forward class like the soon to be junior class. Talk about a weight around the teams neck when you have 4 guys that give you virtually nothing offensively. Puts too much stress on the other classes.

None of them were drafted.  Outside of Hoff, none of them did much in juniors (although Yon scored goals at a nice %, he’s simply doesn’t have the vision).  I still think Hoff has a good year this year or next. He’s a battler.  Doesn’t skate the best.  I don’t think you can expect all that much offensively from players who were never offensive players at the previous level.  Again, not talking about Hoff here. I’m agreeing with you here by the way :) .  I think JJ needs to pick it up as well.  He needs to have a big year this coming year.  25 pts or more.  He was a pt per game guy in the USHL.

• Upvote 1