SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Season

bounce

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

We better beat USD at least once.  I watched them today vs SDSU and wow, the Yotes are a bad basketball team.  

Yep reminded me of that atrocious game we played earlier this year. They have injuries though. Not sure what our excuse was. 

Do just the top six teams make the year end Summit tournament?

It would be a shame if we didn't make it our first year.

Boy, at times we look Ok and almost good - and then oh my.

The Omaha game reminded me of how I want to remember UND men's basketball. Too bad we didn't win but there was also a lot of good solid basketball played by the good guys.

4 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Do just the top six teams make the year end Summit tournament?

It would be a shame if we didn't make it our first year.

Boy, at times we look Ok and almost good - and then oh my.

The Omaha game reminded me of how I want to remember UND men's basketball. Too bad we didn't win but there was also a lot of good solid basketball played by the good guys.

Top 8 make it

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Do we really need a guy that played like he was wearing mittens and bolted from our program a year early bringing those skills and attitude to our team?

No.  He left.  Seemed like a good team player will here, but don't let the door hit you on way out.

that said it worked out well for him last year

10 minutes ago, Big Green said:

No.  He left.  Seemed like a good team player will here, but don't let the door hit you on way out.

that said it worked out well for him last year

why?   sitting on the bench swinging a towel versus actually playing?  

utah state-quit

und-quit

loyola-cheerleader

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Do we really need a guy that played like he was wearing mittens and bolted from our program a year early bringing those skills and attitude to our team?

What if he turns out to be a semi-decent assistant who not only can coach up the bigs but can do what UND desperately needs to resume doing:  recruiting in MN, especially in the Twin Cities. 

If Jones had a major issue with Shanks leaving, would he have been okay with him coming back as a coach?

Carson was part of one of the best seasons in UND mens basketball history and a factor in the NCAA game against Arizona and went above and beyond while at UND for the things he did within the Grand Forks community. Has a definite passion and energy for the game. Great to have you back in town!

• Upvote 1

Far bigger thinks to complain about with this program, or most UND programs, than Carson Shanks. Was he our best player, no. Did he leave when we could have used hime, sure. Did he make the right choice going to another school for a different experience, and something that he'll never forget. Yes he did! And now he wants to come back to coach a bit ... seems like a team guy and a good decent person to have around. Welcome back!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 94 said:

Carson was part of one of the best seasons in UND mens basketball history and a factor in the NCAA game against Arizona and went above and beyond while at UND for the things he did within the Grand Forks community. Has a definite passion and energy for the game. Great to have you back in town!

I'll echo that.  Welcome back, Carson!

I was disappointed that he didn't finish his career hear in North Dakota but in the end he had do what was best for him. If coach Jones wants him on his staff and thinks he can contribute to the team I am all for it. I think he can offer his experience and knowledge he has learned in college career can be nothing more than gain for UND. His playing in three different programs in my mind should give him extra knowledge he can pass on to this young team especially in the big department. I wish him nothing but best here and again his previous time here was nothing but positive for the team and community why wouldn't want somebody like that here.