SiouxSports.com Forum

Students Spearhead Effort for Fighting Hawks Mascot

ChrisUND1

I'm not as bothered by this as I would have been in years past. 

I care more about the product on the ice/field/etc. and the advancement of the academics at the University I love and graduated at.  

I have a jersey and a top that has the logo.

If student gov't wants to do it, more power to them.

Just don't screw it up :devil:

What is wrong with me, I have become soft since leaving Grand Forks!

On 4/7/2018 at 9:15 PM, darell1976 said:

I have never seen a pic of him or an interview on camera with the logo. It’s usually the North Dakota Hockey gear he wears. Must be very discreet since I can see Bubba, Brian Jones and Travis Brewster wear Hawk gear during practices and or games. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Do we really NEED some more hawk-in-ND logos for his press conferences?  Looks like plenty on the wall and microphone already.  Sheesh...  

There are many examples of other UND coaches wearing the Fighting Hawks logo.  Do they wear it all the time, no.  But more often than not.  I have yet to see Berry wear anything with the Fighting Hawks logo on it.  If he has, great.  But I challenge anyone to prove me wrong with a pic.  I'll wait patiently.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

There are many examples of other UND coaches wearing the Fighting Hawks logo.  Do they wear it all the time, no.  But more often than not.  I have yet to see Berry wear anything with the Fighting Hawks logo on it.  If he has, great.  But I challenge anyone to prove me wrong with a pic.  I'll wait patiently.  

The jackets that the bench personnel wear for home games have the Fighting Hawk logo on it. The same jacket that the team wears on the road and that the coaches wear on the ice for practice....both at home and on the road.

3 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

The jackets that the bench personnel wear for home games have the Fighting Hawk logo on it. The same jacket that the team wears on the road and that the coaches wear on the ice for practice....both at home and on the road.

Pic or it never happened! ;)

11 minutes ago, cberkas said:

According to Darell that’s Notre Dame. ;)

Then again didn’t UND use the interlocking ND when they were the Sioux.

Yeah, it's all too confusing without the postal fhawk on the front of the building...maybe they should have the new mascot standing out front.

th?id=OIP.O6A0Vi0_OCX7DmdFuzXooQHaHa&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

46 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Who cares, good for him.

24 minutes ago, lawkota said:

As @iluvdebbies pointed out, the black team CCM jackets have the Fighting Hawk logo on the nape of the neck.  The caps have the logo on the back.  Here is a shot of them and of Berry wearing  both at Final Five practice.

Hawks.png

Berry.png

16 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

@darell1976 @Siouxperfan7

OBVIOUS PHOTO-SHOP WORK!  :lol:

Alright, calm down.  The one thing that Darell and I (and others) are just trying to point out is that all other athletic programs have embraced the new nickname and logo while the hockey program (as well as many of its fanbase they cheer for hockey and no other sport) seem to be less as enthusiastic.  

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Alright, calm down.  The one thing that Darell and I (and others) are just trying to point out is that all other athletic programs have embraced the new nickname and logo while the hockey program (as well as many of its fanbase they cheer for hockey and no other sport) seem to be less as enthusiastic.  

This. 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, cberkas said:

According to Darell that’s Notre Dame. ;)

Then again didn’t UND use the interlocking ND when they were the Sioux.

No, my point was there was always a logo at center ice ever since the building opened until the Hawks logo was created, but the REA didn’t want to offend the presicous Sioux Forever fans by putting it at center ice or anywhere on the ice unlike at Scheels Arena and Sioux Falls. Maybe when UND takes control of the arena the Hawk logo will be welcomed into the building and on the ice. 

• Downvote 1

On 4/7/2018 at 9:15 PM, darell1976 said:

I have never seen a pic of him or an interview on camera with the logo. 

A five-second Google search proved your "never seen a pic..." wrong but now you give a "This." to Siouxperfan27's post about calming down.  

Hilarious.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Alright, calm down.  The one thing that I repeatedly post under multiple usernames to fake that more people that give a !@#$, are just trying to point out is that all other athletic programs have embraced the new nickname and logo while the hockey program (as well as many of its fanbase they cheer for hockey and no other sport) seem to be less as enthusiastic.  

FYP

• Downvote 1