SiouxSports.com Forum

Students Spearhead Effort for Fighting Hawks Mascot

ChrisUND1

22 hours ago, darell1976 said:

I misread what Mafia wrote, Siouxperfan said to calm down and I agreed. I have post under one name. Jim Dahl can ban me from the site if I am lying. It’s not unheard of to have more than one person on this site that agrees with the concept that most coaches have embraced the new name while Berry, the REA and the presicous Sioux forever snowflakes have not.

Away from the board for nearly a year and come back to this silliness. Presious. I bet you're still not attending games, too. 

16 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Posing as what?

You're so butthurt over something so infinitesimal, you let it blind a fantastic message. 

I wondering the same thing. The hockey hasn't embraced the new logo, so what? We can't make them promote it or embrace it. 

The players on the UND hockey team are solid people. Great bunch of guys. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Goon said:

I wondering the same thing. The hockey hasn't embraced the new logo, so what? We can't make them promote it or embrace it. 

The players on the UND hockey team are solid people. Great bunch of guys. 

On top of all that they're Sioux hockey players, too.  

F'waks lovers - WAHHHH people don't love the new nickname, and the hockey teams aren't wearing it, they must all hate UND sports and UND, traitors TRAITORS!!!!!

Siouxforver people - Those stupid F'wacks people at just a bunch of libtard safe space loving idiots, once we get rid of them we can sue the NCAA and bring back the Nickname.

The majority of fans- I don't care, its a crappy name and crappy logo but I still back my team, just don't expect me to shell out $150 for a jersey I don't like.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

F'waks lovers - WAHHHH people don't love the new nickname, and the hockey teams aren't wearing it, they must all hate UND sports and UND, traitors TRAITORS!!!!!

Siouxforver people - Those stupid F'wacks people at just a bunch of libtard safe space loving idiots, once we get rid of them we can sue the NCAA and bring back the Nickname.

The majority of fans- I don't care, its a crappy name and crappy logo but I still back my team, just don't expect me to shell out $150 for a jersey I don't like.

^^^THIS

But for the Hawks lovers, it seems to be all or nothing. If you don't fully jump on board with the logo, you aren't a "true" UND fan. Just nonsense.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Infinitesimal??  Easy on us little people.

You're the one who said it, not me. You're certainly acting little by getting upset at that message by the team.

This nickname argument is what is infinitesimal and it completely clouded your view on a really cool gesture by the team.  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

But for the Hawks lovers, it seems to be all or nothing. If you don't fully jump on board with the logo, you aren't a "true" UND fan. Just nonsense.

I mean if you don't think the continued hanging on to the Fighting Sioux nickname has gotten a little old and over the top, then I'm not sure what to tell you. The chants at hockey games and booing of the new nickname, responses to anything mentioning Fighting Hawks on social media by UND and non-UND accounts, continued comments by student-athletes about being Fighting Sioux when they were in junior high or younger the last time UND actually was known as the Fighting Sioux, etc. I mean, people get it, there's a large group don't like the new name or logo and that's fine. But yelling or proclaiming "Sioux Forever" every chance you get while making negative comments about the current nickname and logo isn't going to bring back the name or change anything, it just shows that they haven't grasped the reality of the situation yet.

I personally don't care if people haven't moved on, but I don't need to hear about it every time the new nickname and logo is mentioned. I'd much rather spend time discussing the actual teams, the last decade plus of hearing about the nickname has been more than enough.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, jdub27 said:

I mean if you don't think the continued hanging on to the Fighting Sioux nickname has gotten a little old and over the top, then I'm not sure what to tell you. The chants at hockey games and booing of the new nickname, responses to anything mentioning Fighting Hawks on social media by UND and non-UND accounts, continued comments by student-athletes about being Fighting Sioux when they were in junior high or younger the last time UND actually was known as the Fighting Sioux. I mean, people get it, you don't like the new name or logo and that's fine. But yelling or proclaiming "Sioux Forever" every chance you get while making negative comments about the current nickname and logo isn't going to bring back the name or change anything, it just shows that you haven't grasped the reality of the situation yet. I don't care if you haven't moved on, but I don't need to hear about it every time the new nickname and logo is mentioned.

I feel the same way about the Hawks crowd who are telling me every time I wear a Sioux jersey that I am not supporting UND the right way. 

I'm not a Sioux Forever person. I get it. But like Archy said, I don't think I should be talked down to or looked poorly upon if I don't like the logo and don't want to buy a Hawks jersey. It's as simple as this.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

FYP

It was correct the first time. I appreciate the attempt, however.

Let's just wrap this up, ok? Both "sides" have their knuckleheads that can't meet in the middle. It's the same frickin' "argument" every time.

I just think it was silly to pick that tribute to Humboldt as a pulpit to preach about the nickname. 

• Upvote 2