SiouxSports.com Forum

Students Spearhead Effort for Fighting Hawks Mascot

ChrisUND1

35 minutes ago, Goon said:

Why wouldn’t he be allowed? The logo is the Fighting Hawks. 

Tell that to the REA. With no logos on the building, on the ice, you would think another team plays at the Ralph, while UND plays at the Alerus.

33 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Tell that to the REA. With no logos on the building, on the ice, you would think another team plays at the Ralph, while UND plays at the Alerus.

It is on the ice... You just can't see it ;)

19 hours ago, darell1976 said:

It's on the jerseys. That's a start. 

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

There's a chance it'll be in the ice this fall?

They can put it on the ice in Fargo and in Sioux Falls, but somehow its difficult to do it on the northside of Grand Forks. I wonder what comes first Brad Berry wearing Hawk gear or the logo showing up on the ice at the Ralph. Tough choice and both require a full moon and a total eclipse. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I heard there doing the Betty floor this summer but no idea where the logos are going. Alerus isn't till 2020.

The Summit logos would probably go where the Big Sky logos were but the middle interlocking ND would have to come off, whether a Hawk goes there we don’t know.

2 hours ago, darell1976 said:

They can put it on the ice in Fargo and in Sioux Falls, but somehow its difficult to do it on the northside of Grand Forks. I wonder what comes first Brad Berry wearing Hawk gear or the logo showing up on the ice at the Ralph. Tough choice and both require a full moon and a total eclipse. 

If you look at the gear that Coach Berry wears at the Wednesday pressers he’s usually got the logo or the new script on his clothing. 

2 hours ago, Goon said:

If you look at the gear that Coach Berry wears at the Wednesday pressers he’s usually got the logo or the new script on his clothing. 

I have never seen a pic of him or an interview on camera with the logo. It’s usually the North Dakota Hockey gear he wears. Must be very discreet since I can see Bubba, Brian Jones and Travis Brewster wear Hawk gear during practices and or games. 

On 4/6/2018 at 6:06 PM, darell1976 said:

Yeah, I wasn't sure who played in this building when I walked in...:huh:

Ralph-5_as_Smart_Object-1.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

Yeah, I wasn't sure who played in this building when I walked in...:huh:

Ralph-5_as_Smart_Object-1.jpg

It’s amazing how they can have a Sioux logo and an interlocking ND logo but when the Hawks logo was announced for the school they refused to put it on the ice. It’s okay we know where they stand when it comes to the logo.