SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Season

shep

For UND to have any chance of making the playoffs, the remaining games on the schedule cannot be just wins but have to be utter dominations. The only way they get in at-large as 7-4 as an independent is by blowing out the remaining competition. I just don't see this coming. 

31 minutes ago, Feff said:

For UND to have any chance of making the playoffs, the remaining games on the schedule cannot be just wins but have to be utter dominations. The only way they get in at-large as 7-4 as an independent is by blowing out the remaining competition. I just don't see this coming. 

Plus a bunch of teams above us need to slip. There is  a glimpse of hope, a slim shot.

And.  Somehow amazingly sliding into the playoff pool?

1 hour ago, Feff said:

That's what everyone said last week.

Now that we are down to a 2 game season....

Which players could see the field and maintain their red shirt?  It's a balance between gaining game experience without compromising a W nor taking too much time from a Sr.

I am thinking Odem, Seigel, and Otis for sure should get some reps.  

22 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Now that we are down to a 2 game season....

Which players could see the field and maintain their red shirt?  It's a balance between gaining game experience without compromising a W nor taking too much time from a Sr.

I am thinking Odem, Seigel, and Otis for sure should get some reps.  

I would like to see Otis get some more time. JJ and Santiago seem to be in doubt, unless I missed something.

On 11/6/2018 at 5:43 PM, Feff said:

It’s a long shot for sure but there seems to be more parity in the fcs this season.  Seems like there might end up being an over abundance of 500 teams making 7-4 look better.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

He really does look tentative...

Was at the game last night and my opinion is he just needs to consistently play with max effort and that will come with not having to be on the field all the time.  

When he wanted to play with urgency last night Bismarck couldn’t block him.  He just didn’t do that every play.  Probably half of the time. 

32 minutes ago, homer said:

Was at the game last night and my opinion is he just needs to consistently play with max effort and that will come with not having to be on the field all the time.  

When he wanted to play with urgency last night Bismarck couldn’t block him.  He just didn’t do that every play.  Probably half of the time. 

That’s still a concern though. I’ve seen plenty of guys over the years play both ways and dominate all game.

• Upvote 1

So I'm gonna watch the football game today. I dint know much about college football so I dint know how the post season works really to well but anyway. Does und have a chance at playoffs? I know there is only a couple games left. Are they going to playoffs? Are these next few games deciding factors at all? Or are they already not going. Thanks !

2 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

So I'm gonna watch the football game today. I dint know much about college football so I dint know how the post season works really to well but anyway. Does und have a chance at playoffs? I know there is only a couple games left. Are they going to playoffs? Are these next few games deciding factors at all? Or are they already not going. Thanks !

A slightly better chance than the Gophers had of not making the tournament last year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

That’s still a concern though. I’ve seen plenty of guys over the years play both ways and dominate all game.

Of course you have.   They are all over the place.  And he did at times.  They ran behind him all game on offense and he played strong side end on defense all game.  

He played ok, just took some plays off as you could see during the game when you were there he was gassed.  

124 teams in the fcs.  Offensively...Und has played the following Ds and their rank for total defense and ppg 

mvsu. #111.     43 ppg

sam.  #85.       30 ppg

idaho st # 95.      34 ppg

N colo. #102.       36 ppg

montana. #78.      29 ppg

sac st   #103.      33 ppg

weber.  #16.      22 ppg 

idaho    #95        34 ppg 

port st.  #80.       34 ppg 

* n zone.  #71.      34 ppg. 

They have played absolute junk for opposing defenses excluding Weber and yet they struggle.  

the mvfc has 6 of their 10 teams in the top 45 total defenses 

1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

124 teams in the fcs.  Offensively...Und has played the following Ds and their rank for total defense and ppg 

mvsu. #111.     43 ppg

sam.  #85.       30 ppg

idaho st # 95.      34 ppg

N colo. #102.       36 ppg

montana. #78.      29 ppg

sac st   #103.      33 ppg

weber.  #16.      22 ppg 

idaho    #95        34 ppg 

port st.  #80.       34 ppg 

* n zone.  #71.      34 ppg. 

They have played absolute junk for opposing defenses excluding Weber and yet they struggle.  

the mvfc has 6 of their 10 teams in the top 45 total defenses 

Part of that is the potent offenses of the Big Sky. Can’t overlook that. It’s tough to defend in that league.