SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Season

shep

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

jaxson turner is better than tanner right now even with a full acl...hopefully he doesn't look like philip rivers did in that playoff game years ago where he couldn't even move and was a liability out there but got to play because he was philip rivers.

That's fine if he is better.....Turner starts on the other side....

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

jaxson turner is better than tanner right now even with a full acl...hopefully he doesn't look like philip rivers did in that playoff game years ago where he couldn't even move and was a liability out there but got to play because he was philip rivers.

They both started.... on opposite sides. It’s best to have them both.

9 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Give the kid some credit.  He has been one of our best defensive players all year.  Unreal.  

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

No kidding.  A senior who everyone thought was done for his career might be able to play again.  Let's sh*t on him.

not dumping on him at all...just stating my opinion that jaxson is a better linebacker than tanner and it seems that if someone is a senior they are entitled to their starting position because they have "put the time in"....play whoever is the best regardless of year or if your a transfer. 

On 12/9/2017 at 10:32 AM, Dagger said:

We have Weber State at the Alerus next year.  Big game. 

On 12/9/2017 at 11:26 AM, shep said:

Weber has quite a bit coming back. Should be a must see game.

On 12/10/2017 at 8:22 AM, Oxbow6 said:

Playoffs or bust

On 12/11/2017 at 10:03 AM, gundy1124 said:

This is where I am at, playoffs most years, like 4 of 5 years going forward or bust.  After the top 2-3 teams in the Nation we should be able to compete and be in the top 24.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Fry Bread said:

When this thread started did anyone think that by the 8th game of the season the team would be in a legitimate playoff type game  and getting positive attention from other then the Sioux faithful?

i thought as easily as we could finish 8-3 we could also finish 3-8 but so far the guys are doing everything they are supposed to do (minus the horrible special teams)

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

not dumping on him at all...just stating my opinion that jaxson is a better linebacker than tanner and it seems that if someone is a senior they are entitled to their starting position because they have "put the time in"....play whoever is the best regardless of year or if your a transfer. 

And it's the opinion of many here that Tanner has been fantastic this season. I definitely don't feel that he's been handed his position because he's a senior, but because he's put in the time to make himself a good player. I doubt anyone on that defense feels he didn't deserve the starting spot this season. 

1 minute ago, Feff said:

And it's the opinion of many here that Tanner has been fantastic this season. I definitely don't feel that he's been handed his position because he's a senior, but because he's put in the time to make himself a good player. I doubt anyone on that defense feels he didn't deserve the starting spot this season. 

disagree...i bet there a few guys think that blubaugh should start ahead of harris, that greer should start ahead of tank, that tyron should start ahead of larson, that brock should start ahead of kett....

5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

disagree...i bet there a few guys think that blubaugh should start ahead of harris, that greer should start ahead of tank, that tyron should start ahead of larson, that brock should start ahead of kett....

I disagree with EVERY scenario you just outlined. 

24 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Yeah, gotta disagree on pretty much all those scenarios. Sure there might be a couple here or there on some of those but likely the large majority will agree that every single position you listed the correct person is starting. 

47 minutes ago, Fry Bread said:

When this thread started did anyone think that by the 8th game of the season the team would be in a legitimate playoff type game  and getting positive attention from other then the Sioux faithful?

I think many of us thought we were going to be a very good team and that last year was an aberration caused by injuries and a lack of leadership on the team.  Remember 2015 was a solid year and then obviously 2016 was a great season sans the playoff disaster.  This team has been upgraded in so many positions over what the Hawks put on the field last season.  CB, S, OLB, ILB,  and QB  are just flat out better and in some cases much better than what the Hawks were able to put on the field last season.  The position group I had lots of questions about going into the season that has been a pleasant surprise to me has been the OL.  Go Hawks!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Feff said:

Yeah, gotta disagree on pretty much all those scenarios. Sure there might be a couple here or there on some of those but likely the large majority will agree that every single position you listed the correct person is starting. 

legit or not there seems to be on here on ss.com a feeling that harris isn't what he used to be b4 he got hurt and that blubaugh is more "solid" than deion and deserves to start over the "soft" deion.

1 minute ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I think many of us thought we were going to be a very good team and that last year was an aberration caused by injuries and a lack of leadership on the team.  Remember 2015 was a solid year and then obviously 2016 was a great season sans the playoff disaster.  This team has been upgraded in so many positions over what the Hawks put on the field last season.  CB, S, OLB, ILB,  and QB  are just flat out better and in some cases much better than what the Hawks were able to put on the field last season.  The position group I had lots of questions about going into the season that has been a pleasant surprise to me has been the OL.  Go Hawks!

Most definitely agree on the offensive line. 

I felt solid on 6/5 with the ability to do better but I know way thought outside sources would be talking positive at this point. 

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

so your saying that every guy on defense thinks that deion should start ahead of blubauagh...100% of them?

I highly doubt it, but I wouldn't know. I guess I think a HUGE majority would not, but there could be guys close to Blubaugh who think he could do it.

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Dude, they both started.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

legit or not there seems to be on here on ss.com a feeling that harris isn't what he used to be b4 he got hurt and that blubaugh is more "solid" than deion and deserves to start over the "soft" deion.

It’s called depth.  It’s a good thing.  Why the hate on everything. 

• Upvote 1