SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Season

shep

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Well.... the offensive coordinator has now been fired.  That answer your questions?

I saw this kid touch the ball 3 times 62 yards then he play again. How do you not see that. And it was in the heat of the battle. The offense changes when he in there didn't seem like he got a chance. I saw him in a few games he played he made the most out of the crumbs.

1 minute ago, Jack Dean said:

I saw this kid touch the ball 3 times 62 yards then he play again. How do you not see that. And it was in the heat of the battle. The offense changes when he in there didn't seem like he got a chance. I saw him in a few games he played he made the most out of the crumbs.

I agree with you.  That's probably one of many reasons the 2018 offensive coordinator won't be the 2019 offensive coordinator.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jack Dean said:

Which, again, is why the playcaller got !@#$ canned.

15 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Not saying I disagree, particularly a jet sweep or two against PSU, but he was 5th on the team in touches behind Brady, John, JJ and Wanzek. 

Don’t be brainwashed by Rudolph. There are more ways than just the “jet sweep” to get talented athletes the ball in space. Santiago and McKinney both we’re not used in the passing game (screens, shallow crosses, etc.) or tempo running game at all. What a shame. 

18 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Don’t be brainwashed by Rudolph. There are more ways than just the “jet sweep” to get talented athletes the ball in space. Santiago and McKinney both we’re not used in the passing game (screens, shallow crosses, etc.) or tempo running game at all. What a shame. 

I'm being realistic with getting him the ball on the plays that were actually called (with that being a separate argument that we agree on). McKinney getting the ball on a jet sweep was effective pretty much all year yet we didn't run it a single time against PSU.

The frustrating thing is there were quite a few of the plays that everyone was clamoring for being called against NAU (play-action, screens, TE passes) but it didn't matter since NAU was in the backfield the whole game.

30 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

The frustrating thing is there were quite a few of the plays that everyone was clamoring for being called against NAU (play-action, screens, TE passes) but it didn't matter since NAU was in the backfield the whole game.

The screen to Oliveira was ran twice. First was a very successful play (10+ yards) and the other was incomplete but well set up. It needed to be ran way more throughout the season. Inexcusable.

Lastly, there was no bubble screens, tunnel screens, tailback swing passes, play-action TE crosses, or up-tempo ran throughout the NAU game. 

5 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

161356.gif

That comment from bubba cemented my “take” on if he is cut out for HC abilities.   

The UND connection has had 11 years leading the und football program in the D1 era....culminating a 61-63 (49%) record.....one playoff appearance and zero playoff wins. 

With bubba admitting that he wasn’t able to recognize the offensive fail for five years...I can not see how there will be enough change or leadership next year that would warrant und either making the playoffs or winning a playoff game.  

Bubba is 30-29 (nearly identical to mussman) as a HC at und.  Next years schedule screams difficult.  Is he up to the challenge?

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Isn’t it great that we don’t have to worry about a game today?

:wink:

Nothing personal but you should be chained to a grumpy badger wearing a Sioux jersey, then made to run barefoot through the entire Bison tailgate mob. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, shep said:

I suspect there's some fans that really miss bit#hing about it after the game. 

You are on to something Caption obvious. The last month was a disaster....agree?  Does disaster in your books equate to bitching?  

Do you really think fans want to bitch?   Do you think they bitch to  bitch?  Or would they prefer a winner and be happy?  Are the fans bitching because und is successful or because they are 49% winning percentage at the D1? 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

You are on to something Caption obvious. The last month was a disaster....agree?  Does disaster in your books equate to bitching?  

Do you really think fans want to bitch?   Do you think they bitch to  bitch?  Or would they prefer a winner and be happy?  Are the fans bitching because und is successful or because they are 49% winning percentage at the D1? 

Not only do I believe you and others LOVE to bitch, but deep down inside some hope the team loses so they have more ammo to bitch about.

• Downvote 6

3 hours ago, shep said:

Not only do I believe you and others LOVE to bitch, but deep down inside some hope the team loses so they have more ammo to bitch about.

You are out of your &^#&% mind if you think anyone wants und to lose!  That is about as weak of a response this site has seen. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, shep said:

I stuck a nerve.

There are those who want Bubba fired. In order to get their wish the team has to lose at least 4 games next year. 

Losing = Bubba gone.  

Bubba gone = their wish.

Wish!?  My wish would be for bubba to bring a perennial winner that warrants him keeping his job 

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, shep said:

I stuck a nerve.

There are those who want Bubba fired. In order to get their wish the team has to lose at least 4 games next year. 

Losing = Bubba gone.  

Bubba gone = their wish.

You seem to have it completely backwards; you're the one putting your love of Bubba ahead of success for UND.  

• Upvote 3